Excited to be back on Slimming World

donna88

Gold Member
So last time I was on slimming world I lost over 2 stone. I maintained my weight for over a year, but after a whirlwind few years, I ran a marathon, I got married, we had some good times and some bad. I have slowly put all the weight back on... I don't look as big as I did last time round, I think I'm more active this time so maybe more toned than the first time I was this weight. However, I am a lot bigger than I want to be - I have played about with going back on slimming world for well over a year, but now is the time. I am getting back to target.

I am following the plan how it worked for me before so this might not be completely up to date, but it worked for me before and I got on very well with it.

So Friday

Breakfast - Rice pudding made with pudding rice, water, sweetener with a banana and a mullerlight mixed through
Lunch - pasta with mackerel, tomatoes, lettuce and pasta
Tea - chickpea and pork homemade curry with slimming world Bombay potatoes
Snacks - crabsticks, yogurt, boiled egg, banana, fruit pot, orange, pear, kellogs chocolate delight (HEB) milk in drinks (HEA) not sure on syns yet, maybe a chocolate for around 7 and a half syns and then a shot of whisky for (4 or 5 syns... can't remember how much whisky is)

Update on syns the full 15 today; 9.5 on a galaxy ripple and 5.5 on some monster munch

Tomorrow the plan is

Breakfast - pancakes made with heb of oats (need to find the recipe online)
Lunch - undecided
Tea - homemade bbq chicken drumsticks; sw chips; beans with fried mushrooms onions and tomatoes.
Snacks - fruit undecided on hea and syns

Ended up having mackerel with pasta and loads of veg yesterday for lunch

Today husband is really ill, I've sent him back to bed. Hoping when he gets up he fancies a cooked breakfast as I'm starving now and don't fancy doing one just for me

Anyway, if he's up to eating today is looking as follows

Breakfast - banana
lunch - sw cooked breakfast (sausages 2 syns... bacon with no fat, beans, frylight fried egg, mushrooms and tomatoes)
tea - sw burgers with no bun but HEA cheese, chips and fried veg (mushrooms, onions and tomatoes)
Snacks - boiled egg, lots of fruit, HEB cereal bar, syns will probably be chocolate

Slight change of plan on the HEB and syns front.

I double checked and the sausages I used were only 1 syn for 2. Whoop whoop. I've also made up some magic porridge for my HEB too and mixed in a light hot chocolate powder for 2 syns. Planning on having it with some mixed berries. So that's 3 syns down.

Will see what I fancy for the others. Might have a lion bar for 10 syns or a bag of monster munch 5.5 syns and a smaller chocolate bar or bag of treat size buttons for 3.5 syns. Will depend partly on how hungry I am later and partly just on what I fancy eating.

plan changed again as husband is really ill so doesn't want to eat, I have a couple of pieces of chicken left over from yesterdays tea so I'm going to have them and attempt to make some egg fried rice sw style. (will add some nice veggies in there with it)

plan changed again as husband is really ill so doesn't want to eat, I have a couple of pieces of chicken left over from yesterdays tea so I'm going to have them and attempt to make some egg fried rice sw style. (will add some nice veggies in there with it)
Hope your husband feels better soon.

Thank you, hopefully a day off work tomorrow might do him some good... or maybe even just a good sleep tonight,
only just seen your last comment as well... I always like to get plenty of superfree and speed food in. I really enjoy it though so don't find it hard to do.

Husband is still quite poorly, but he's going to have burgers (but without any extra's as he still isn't overly hungry)

So today

Breakfast - rice pudding (plain pudding rice made up with water and sweetener, mixed in with a mullerlight and chopped banana)
Lunch - left over egg fried rice from yesterday (rice boiled, onion, mushrooms, kale, green beans, chicken and ham fried in frylight, rice added, then eggs and soy sauce)
Tea - slimming world burgers, no bun (HEA cheese), slimming world chips, fried onion, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Snacks - orange, pear, apple, fruit pot, muller light, crabsticks

Undecided on syns and HEB yet... will see how I feel later.

It will either be a chocolate bar for between 5 and 7.5 syns (keeping low this week as out for a meal and drinks on Saturday-still making more sensible choices when out but I know I'll go over the 15) and a kellogs chocolate delight cereal bar as the HEB

or magic porridge mixed in with a light hot chocolate (HEB and 2 syns) with mixed berries and either a shot of whisky (4 syns) in hot water with sweetener and some orange squash (can feel a sore throat coming on lol) or a treat size pack of buttons (3.5 syns)

Went with the porridge and the whisky for syns and HEB yesterday

Today

Breakfast - pudding rice with ww yogurt and mixed berries
Lunch - soup, made from potatoes, leeks, onion, carrots and swede.
Tea - sw ragu pasta bake made with quorn mince and tonnes of veggies with cheese (HEA)
Snacks - banana, fruit pot (kiwi grapes and pineapple), orange, boiled egg, Ryvita pizza's (HEA and HEB) kellogs chocolate delight (HEB) and 5 syns of chocolate

Doing an old green day today

Well, my husband is still really ill. Looking more and more likely that we won't be out at the weekend, which means I will have to use extra syns still on Saturday and I'm not sure what on (I could not use them, but in past experience I haven't lost if I've just kept my syns really low) suppose if he's feeling better by then (but not well enough to go out) I could use them to make him a nice none slimming world meal at home. Or have a naughty pudding... who knows. Fingers crossed we can go out as we were in all last weekend with him starting off on the poorly wagon.

Anyway, that probably sounds very selfish... I do hope he gets better for none food reasons as well.

Todays plan

Breakfast - Rice pudding with weight watchers yogurt and mixed berries
Lunch - ragu pasta bake (pasta, quorn mince, peppers, mushrooms, onions, pasatta)
Tea - two ww sausages (1 syn) mashed potato made with fat free natural yogurt, beans, fried onion, mushrooms and tomatoes
Snacks - pineapple, pear, mullerlight, crabsticks, boiled egg, banana, kellogs chocolate delight cereal bar (HEB) skimmed milk for drinks (HEA) treat size bag of buttons (3.5 syns)

Ha-slight change of plan again.... husband forgot to tell me we had no beans when he sent me my shopping list earlier. So it will be tinned tomatoes with tea instead of beans. Will be better as it's more superfree food but I was looking forward to having beans

HUSBAND IS BETTER WHOOP WHOOP

anyway food today

Breakfast - magic porridge with banana (HEB)
Lunch - soup made with potatoes, leek, carrots, onion and swede
Tea - quorn chilli with wedges and cheese (HEA)
Snacks - orange, fruit pot, boiled egg, Kellogs chocolate delight cereal bar (HEB.... old green day) smarties mini bar (5 syns) ww lemon yogurt

Yesterdays plan

Breakfast - magic porridge (HEB) with mullerlight
Lunch - left over ragu (pasta with quorn mince, pasatta, peppers, onions, mushrooms)
Tea - sw onion bhaji with sw chicken jalfrezi
Snacks - HEA of skimmed milk in drinks, areo mint (7.5 syns) loads of fruit, boiled egg

Today we're out for tea and drinks, saved some syns from the rest of the week for it.

Breakfast - banana
Lunch - slimming world kedgeree (made with savoury rice, boiled eggs, salmon, monk fish, onion)
Tea - undecided yet... it will either be sea bass with crispy noodle salad, there was another option I can't remember what it was or I am actually leaning more towards steak and swapping the chips it comes with for crushed new potatoes
Snacks - cereal bar as HEB, milk as HEA, fruit, syns will be on tea depending on what I have and drinks. Will try and stick to spirits and diet mixers and maybe one or two cocktails depending on what's on offer.

I do have 70 syns to spare... I'm hoping my plan for this will leave me a little bit under that

Yesterday I stuck to the plan and had steak with new potatoes... it was lovely. I'm not sure how many syns I used on drinks as although I mainly stuck to gin and slimline tonics I did have a couple of cocktails and a third of a beer. But hopefully I was still within my limit. It could have been a lot worse as before I would have had cocktails and beer all night and just had whatever off the menu without thinking about being good. The steak was gorgeous, we're going back there for my husbands birthday in Feb so will do the same. Might be having more beer then as he is really into it, but actually I don't enjoy beer that much anymore so if we go to places that just sell beer and over priced spirits then I might have water instead to keep me hydrated.

Todays plan

Breakfast - ''fry up'' light sausages (2 syns) tinned tomatoes as we have no beans, mushrooms, bacon with no fat and fry light eggs
Lunch - Not sure only just had breakfast so something light
Tea - sw carbonara (HEA for philli light)
Snacks - fruit, HEB cereal bar, buttons treat size pack (3.5 syns) crabsticks

Think I might just have fruit and yogurt for lunch today as really not feeling overly hungry. Starting to get a little peckish but we'll be eating tea around 6 so don't want to eat too much for lunch.

I need some inspiration for food for the coming week... not sure what I fancy.

Thinking sausage casserole and mash either tomorrow or Tuesday... other than that, I have no idea.

Still no idea on tea for today

Breakfast - rice pud with mixed berries
Lunch - soup made with carrot and swede
Snacks - banana, orange, plum, pineapple and melon. HEB will be a cereal bar probably syns maybe a chocolate bar for 7.5 syns (saving syns for Saturday but going to try and do a work out today so having higher than just 5)

Bring on Febs first WI

So my husband cooked tea tonight, while I was working out and he did good. He decided against doing a casserole and made sausages (2 syns) and chicken, with roast potatoes, broccoli carrots and sweetcorn and he made me some BBQ sauce out of passata and diet coke. Was lovely.

So later I will have milk in drinks as my HEA, chewie delight cereal bar for HEB and I'm thinking a freddo as my syns (5)

Doing an old green day today

Breakfast - magic porridge with mixed berries (HEB)
Lunch - swede and carrot soup
Tea - spag bol with cheese (HEA) made with quorn mince
Snacks - sw egg custard, orange, plum, apple, banana, milk in drinks (HEA) chewie delight bar (HEB) chocolate bar (5-8 syns depending on what I chose)

Back