Extra Easy Days: SW meal wrong turn out?

What kind of food do you like littlestar? I am pretty good in the kitchen and tweak a lot of my food. As I already said earlier any curry that does not contain coconut milk or cream can be tweaked because most curry ingredients are free or superfree, it's just that they are usually started off by cooking in oil. All you need to do in that case is start off in frylight. The coconut and other curries need a bit more tweaking but it can be done. Some recipes are simply not SW friendly in the slimmer version - a mac n cheese is never quite the same as it should be, but hey, we can but try. I think it would be a great idea to have a challenge. Let's suggest a recipe that needs tweaking and we could challenge each other to come up with the best version.

Hi Peggydee I'm into curries, tomato sauce based dishes Like spaghetti Bol I'm pretty much into most dishes really , like the idea of a tweakers challenge. What kind of meals do you like cooking? X

If you have some cooking experience it is probably better to SW'ise your normal recipes. For example, take your favourite non slimming curry recipe and make it without the oil, substituting fry-lite for the initial sautéing of onions, spices and meat. Take your favourite cake recipe and play around with low fat butter or spread and sweetener instead of normal butter and sugar. I am not saying that this is easy and you will need some cooking knowledge.

This is is a great tip ... It's the only way I get me and my husband eating the same meals sometimes as he can be funny with SW 'substitutes'!

Hi Peggydee I'm into curries, tomato sauce based dishes Like spaghetti Bol I'm pretty much into most dishes really , like the idea of a tweakers challenge. What kind of meals do you like cooking? X

Lol, quick ones! Get home quite late from work, so usually throw things together. Usually one pot dishes like stir fries, stews, bolognaise, pasta dishes. Sometimes on a weekend I will cook a bigger meal and divide it up into freezer portions for the week. These are usually slow cooked stews, curries. I made sure I have a wide range of spices and things like soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, pre-grated tubes of ginger, garlic, chillies and lemongrass. In the freezer I keep chopped coriander, dill, parsley and leftover chopped tomatoes from when I cooked something that only needed half a tin. This way I can take say, chicken breast or mince or stewing steak out to defrost and take my time to choose what to do with it. Tonight was a salmon and rice salad, yesterday was sunday so a full roast dinner, but most week night meals are like the ones I describe above.

Here is a super quick tomato sauce for pasta. Soften some chopped onion and garlic in a pan, throw in a tin of tomatoes, splash of Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Let it simmer and reduce to thicken slightly. Simple and quick.

Lol, quick ones! Get home quite late from work, so usually throw things together. Usually one pot dishes like stir fries, stews, bolognaise, pasta dishes. Sometimes on a weekend I will cook a bigger meal and divide it up into freezer portions for the week. These are usually slow cooked stews, curries. I made sure I have a wide range of spices and things like soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, pre-grated tubes of ginger, garlic, chillies and lemongrass. In the freezer I keep chopped coriander, dill, parsley and leftover chopped tomatoes from when I cooked something that only needed half a tin. This way I can take say, chicken breast or mince or stewing steak out to defrost and take my time to choose what to do with it. Tonight was a salmon and rice salad, yesterday was sunday so a full roast dinner, but most week night meals are like the ones I describe above. Here is a super quick tomato sauce for pasta. Soften some chopped onion and garlic in a pan, throw in a tin of tomatoes, splash of Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Let it simmer and reduce to thicken slightly. Simple and quick.

We trend to eat very similar thought out the week and Thanks again I will be given that a go for sure . :)

I've tried various recipes over the last few months... Most have not been as nice as expected (with the exception of chicken goujons using smash) ... However I've just made the pizza topped chicken & it was lovely!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1396982130170.jpg
    1396982130170.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 87
Have you seen the slimming world chips in the new Fakeaway book? My chips never look anything like that!!! So frustrating!

Have you seen the slimming world chips in the new Fakeaway book? My chips never look anything like that!!! So frustrating!
Ha, I have cooked SW chips hundreds of times and they NEVER look anything like the pics in the books or magazines! I have parboiled/not parboiled, shaken/not shaken, sprayed/not sprayed, and they still come out looking like the impoverished cousin of the SW chip. They taste absolutely yum though!

Back