Eyes on the prize

Day 10

Ok so my resolve is weakening. I've been so tired and so hungry today. I was supposed to have a 750 calorie day today but ended up having 1200 calories.

I just need to remind myself why I'm here

* get fit and healthy
* lose weight to help concieving easier and to make my body strong and healthy to carry a baby
* avoid embarrassing fat situations ie seatbelts not fitting, not being able to fit in seats in bars/restaurant's
* being a nice healthy looking thinner bridesmaid

Breakast: none
Lunch: salad with lettuce cucumber 50g coleslaw 50g potato salad 60g turkey spring onions
Dinner: 100g cooked boiled rice. Started off weiging 200g of cooked chili con carne then added another spoonfull. Finished this then had another two spoonfuls then a kitkat.

Because I had no breakfast and a healthy lunch having quite a big helping at dinner isn't too damaging but this is something I want to make part of the old me. Having no second helpings....means I have to have a 750 calorie day tomorrow now.

So about a dog. I'm not allowed :( we both work full time and are out of the house from 8am until 6pm and leaving a dog at home alone allday we felt was a bit cruel so......baby it is

Day 11

Ok so since I missed my 750 calorie day yesterday I had it today...well maybe a bit closer to 800 calories but I wont get too fussed about that although there was a time where I was just about to throw the towel in and go for a nice binge on chocolate and biscuits. I didn't tho so all is good. I hope these cravings pass soon. I don't think I have the energy to fight with myself everyday about giving up. Its rather exhausting.

Anyway today my eats look like this

Breakfast: none
Lunch: lettuce cucumber spring onion 50g coleslaw 50g potato salad and 60g turkey. Followed by a packet of quavers
Mid afternoon: succumbed to just 3 jelly babies and 2 fruit sherbets...god they were good
Dinner: 100g chicken fried with broccoli mushroom pepper onion beansprouts and stirfry sauce

And that is it. I am sooo looking forward to a normal eating day tomorrow.

Just heading to bed and try and sleep...keep my mind off the hunger **sigh**

Well done tangerine you are doing really well!! I'm not allowed a dog either - would be such good exercise (as will pushing a pram one day lol). We will just need to get out for walks and pretend that we have really big dogs that requires lots of exercise instead. Not quite the same though....!

Well done tangerine you are doing really well!! I'm not allowed a dog either - would be such good exercise (as will pushing a pram one day lol). We will just need to get out for walks and pretend that we have really big dogs that requires lots of exercise instead. Not quite the same though....!

Thanks :) don't know how this wk will go I have been finding it tough. Awww u not allowed a dog either...boo to men!!!!

I didnt check in yesterday was working late then got home had some dinner made my lunch for today. It wasnt a bad day amd stayed within my calories and just ate what I normally would do.

Today though...very different story. I am really disappointed with myself. I had been doing well. Had my granola for brekkie my usual salad for lunch with a satsuma and a bag of crisps. Fine right?? Then there was goodies at work. Sat on the empty desk next to me there was mini rolls, toffee crisp things from m&s percy pigs french fancies...i nevet touched one. Kept away from them...well apart from 5 fruit sherbet sweets. It was when I got home waiting for dinner. I was hungry and felt so empty inside. I ate 5 oatcakes with peanut butter. 2 aero biscits. 1 gold biscuit a kitkat. 2 large handfuls of cashew nuts and a huge helping of dinner. Feel sick now mind but god those biscuts tasted good and sadly it was nice to actually feel full. Anyway in 2wks this is the first slip up I've had thereforw I will not let it put mw off although tomorrow have a family lunch. Pretty sure 2 courses and some wine is going to be involved here....

I wouldn't worry too much - when I slip like that the get back on, I find I still lose that week overall. Sometimes more than when I have been good all week!!
It's like it kick starts my body!! X

Ok soooo take 2...or more like 202 lol. So yeah I was good for 2 weeks lost 8lbs and now for 2 weeks I've eaten myself into oblivion and back to where I was 4wks ago.
So I've been looking at holidays..I haven't booked for this year yet but I will definitely go somewhere. Last year I lost 2 stone in about 3months for my holiday. September is only 3 months away. I'm not suggesting I lose 2 stone but one would be nice.

I have decided I am not going to weigh myself. I'm addicted to it when I'm dieting and weigh myself every day so this will stop. I don't want to be bogged down by what the scales say. I want a life style change and if I do the right things and allow myself a few treats body will find its natural weight. That maybe 13stone it maybe 14stone but its certainly not 16.5stone.

My aims for this week are:
* Run 3 times this week 30mins per session
* drink 2 litres of water a day even if its sparkling flavoured water...better than drinking 3 litres diet coke a day
* cut out crisps chocolate througout the day. Only after dinner treat allowed.
* wine.....tricky one. Don't quite know how to tackle this. I dont like sprits all I like is wine. Cut it out completely???? Suggestions please would be welcoming.

I think thats all for today. The above aims are from tomorrow...considering I've already eaten a toffee crisp a drifter and a caramel egg...I don't think today counts.

Have a good week everyone x

Why not limit the wine to x-amount per week or per month?? X

I drink alot of wine too. But when im dieting I cut it out. And try to only have it once a week and limit my glasses. Its sooo calorific! I find I tend to binge after drinking too. So sometimes its easier to avoid all together if your really determined to lose weight :)

Why not limit the wine to x-amount per week or per month?? X

Yeah I think u are right. On saturdays I tend to have my first glass at lunch time and this saturday is a family lunch. I think I should adopt the same principle as chocolate and crisps. No wine until after dinner ie 7pm or so. Soft drinks for me on saturday. Thanks for the advice x

My aims for this week are:
* Run 3 times this week 30mins per session
* drink 2 litres of water a day even if its sparkling flavoured water...better than drinking 3 litres diet coke a day
* cut out crisps chocolate througout the day. Only after dinner treat allowed.
* wine.....tricky one. Don't quite know how to tackle this. I dont like sprits all I like is wine. Cut it out completely????

I like your aims..they are similar to mine but the really good point you make is to drink 2litres of water. I'm a total diet coke fiend - I think I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and limit my diet coke intake and focus on drinking more water instead!!

I like your aims..they are similar to mine but the really good point you make is to drink 2litres of water. I'm a total diet coke fiend - I think I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and limit my diet coke intake and focus on drinking more water instead!!

OMG yesterday I drank just water all day throughout the day all I had was one glass juice after dinner but I had such a crippling headache...it totally floored me. Had to go to bed at 8pm and slept through until 7 this morning. I think it may have been a coincidence that headache happened on the day I drank no juice...but then I dont drink tea or coffee and diet coke is all I drink maybe anything between 2-3 litres a day. Its full of caffine so I wouldn't be surprised if it was that that caused my headache so be warned if ur cutting it out x

***updated***

Aims for this week updated

For this week cut out diet juice. Will need to be the only one I think. Typically in a normal day I would consume anywhere between 2-3 litres diet juice per day. I don't like hot drinks or anything so fizzy juice is all I drink. I allow myself just one glass after dinner. However yesterday I had such a headache so much so it floored me. Ended up in bed for 8pm and slept right through until 7am. Still have a bit of a headache but nothing as severe as yesterday. It is likely a coincidence that this happens on the day that I stop drinking fizzy juice and have maybe got a head cold or the beginnings of a cold but I feel like I have no energy so running three times this week is likely not to happen.

I even went for a pub lunch today with my work mates 8 of us altogether and I never even had a fizzy drink just drank water so that was an achievement for me :)

So yeah I have had only one glass of fizzy juice in 2 days which would normally be around 5 litres and I haven't had any crisps chocolate or sweets....nada.

On an even better plus I should save a fortune cutting out fizzy juice. In a normal day I would spend nearly £4 a day for juice to drink just at work and not including what I would drink at home.

Also hoping my summer holiday will be booked tonight :) all goes to holiday fund :)

This week!!!!

This week has been great :) looking back at my aims I have almost achieved them all. When I fell off the wagon since joining here..god knows what I was eating those 2wks but when I weighed myself on monday I was 16stone 13lbs...I couldn't believe it...I was disgusted with myself.

So my aims for this week were

* go running 3 times this week for 30 mins

I managed to go twice for 15mins lol. Not much I know but I suppose its better than nothing.

* cut back on fizzy juice - achieved. I drjnk water all day and have one glass of fizzy juice after dinner at night. Twice I have been out for lunch this week. Twice everyone had a pint or wine with lunch and twice I stuck with water during these lunches - so pleased with myself.

* no chocolate/biscuits/crisps before dinner only after dinner treat allowed. Achieved. I have not even had an after dinner treat any night this week. I have had no chocolate/crisps/sweets/cake/biscuits at all this week. I feel like I haven't missed it. Maybe its a case of if I allow myself a biscuit after lunch I end up getting a taste for it and just crave and want more.

* cut back on wine. Hmmmmm I had 4 glasses last night 3 large and one small. Not bad I suppose it could have been worse if I allowed myself to drink with lunch. But still too much I think.

How have I felt this week? Beginning of week was awful. I had such headaches on monday which floored me. Slept for 11hrs that night. Tuesday wasnt just so bad but was still there and wednesday returned to normal. Apart from that I dont really feel anything. I suppose since I've decided not to weigh myself it would be difficult to know if all this hard work has been worth it. I suppose I can see a difference in my skin...it seems a lot fresher with the amount of water I've drunk and I can feel a difference in other things I suppose that's not nice to talk about.

Aims for this week!
* exercise three times this week for 30 mins
* get a summer holiday booked up
* buy some hand weights
* squats....maybe 30 day squat challenge. Start this tomorrow.

Have a good week xx

Hey Tangerine! Sounds like you've had a really good week. Well done on cutting down the diet coke. I'm the same as you - I dont drink tea or coffee and spend a fortune on diet coke throughout the day. While it's low cal I know that it's really not healthy! I would agree the headache was probably withdrawal. However the worst mus be over now!! Have you booked anything yet? X

Hey Tangerine! Sounds like you've had a really good week. Well done on cutting down the diet coke. I'm the same as you - I dont drink tea or coffee and spend a fortune on diet coke throughout the day. While it's low cal I know that it's really not healthy! I would agree the headache was probably withdrawal. However the worst mus be over now!! Have you booked anything yet? X

Hi bursting. I'm good thanks how r u? I have noticed a huge difference in my purse. Sometimes I'd buy lunch...snacks juice. I was a tenner a day + sometimes. Now I spend £3.20 on lunch and thats all...its amazing. Yeah just got booked up last night. Going to corfu beginning of september so went for my 1st sunbed today to prep my skin and get a bit of colour around my chops lol.

What glorious weather. Walked home from work today 5.5miles :) feeling good...if not a litte exhausted lol

So I gave in and weighed myself...just to see and BYE BYE 16 STONE SOMETHING AND HELLO 15STONE 12 WOOOHOOO well pleased is an understatement. Hopefully it will keep going and I could possibly lose 2stone before my hols in 11wks :) :) :)

Back