Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Wednesday 05th February 2014

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, yoghurt (3.5)

L : L/o Hunter's chicken breast from last night (
3.5), salad

D : Roasted pepper stuffed with HM chilli (
2 for the probably not extra lean mince) + veggies

Snacks : Fruit - got a box of melon and grapes and a banana
HEXA : Milk in tea

So - 9 syns planned for some fab food!

Today is the last day of the week for me, SW-wise as i weigh in tomorrow. I've just totalled up and I had 52.5 syns on 6 days (and the blow out on Saturday night where I used at least 40 on alcohol alone and then munchies on top). So perhaps I haven't gone *very* much over my 105/week? :cross: I have had a sneaky weigh the last couple of days and it's looking good for a loss. I must stop doing that - if a normal fluctuation takes me over what I weighed this morning I'll be unhappy!

I am going out for a meal with two friends tomorrow night. I've suggested we go to a Turkish place that we've been to a couple of times before. I know that I can have a huge mixed grill of barbequed meats with some salad and bulgar wheat. If I try to stay very low syn during the day I'm banking on being able to count 20 syns being enough for any oil they use in the marinades / salad dressing. I can easily make up those extra syns during the week. That's not bad for a night out - none of us will be drinking as we're driving.

Woo Hooooo! :woohoo:

3.5lbs off this week! I am extremely pleased with that as it gets me *just* under 300lbs. Now I need to work to keep that off and lose some more this week.

I am working from home today so I have chance to eat as low syn as possible before I go out tonight. I'm not going to blow it just because I had a good week - why would I want to sabotage all that work? No...going to count 20 syns for oil as stated above and drink soft drinks. And it's going to be lovely to see my two mates.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Thursday 6th February 2014

RED day

B : All Bran (HEXB1), strawberries, banana, yoghurt (1.5)

L : Gammon stir fry with pak choi, beansprouts, cabbage, onion and soy sauce / chilli / garlic (2 syns for stir fry sauce)

D : Turkish restaurant - planning lots of charcoal grilled meat, bulgar wheat, salad NO pitta bread! (Counting 20 syns for the bulgar wheat and oils in marinades / dressings and chilli sauce), soft drinks

Snacks : 2 Ryvita + cheese (HEXA2 + HEXB2), fruit and / or cold meat if required
HEXA1 : Milk in tea

Last edited:
Wow absolutely fabolous loss this week, enjoy your meal out tonight sounds gorgeous x

Totalling the syns from last night

Had a fantastic time with my two friends last night.

Day off today :D so I can perhaps do a bit of batch cooking and stock the freezer up a bit.

I'm totalling up the syns from last night's meal, making sure I didn't underestimate - if anyone thinks I have please shout! :

Starter : (I wasn't going to have one of these, but I was persuaded...) Chicken wings and salad - OK, this was four of the "middle bits" of a chicken wing. You know each wing comes in three sections, the "drumstick", the thinner part and the wingtip? This was four of the thinner sections, marinaded in hot spices, charcoal grilled but with the skin left on plus some undressed salad. Hellishly tasty, I could have eaten them twice (and I wasn't going to take the skin off them either)! I've looked up chicken wings in my little book and it says each one, cooked without fat but with the skin on is 2 syns. I'm assuming that's for the whole wing? So maybe 3 syns for all the meat + crispy skin and another 3 syns for whatever oil was left on them from the marinade?

Main course : Mixed grill - lamb and chicken fillet, marinaded in spices
3 syns for the oil in the marinade? Ground lamb + spices in a patty, charcoal griled 6 syns because it won't have been lean lamb. although it wasn't greasy at all probably because it had been grilled. Undressed salad. About four spoonfuls of boiled rice - I have no idea how much this weighed, but it's 6 syns for 100g on a Red day. So that's 21 syns in all - and I hope it might have been a little less than that.

Drank sparkling water and some black coffee, so no syns there.

That all looks a bit clinical now I've dissected it like that but it was so nice :eating:. One of the things I love about SW is how adaptable it is. Sensible choices, all within plan.

Friday 07/02/2014

EE day, I think, with a 10 syn limit to allow for yesterday's meal out without depriving myself today.

B : Banana, apple

L : Tuna and salad (3 for two tblsps of Heinz Sandwich spread mixed in - I'm having a 70s flashback!)

D : HM chilli (new batch so syn-free!) with a mound of SW spicy chips and half a plate of fine chopped lettuce, cucumber, celery, sp onion and jalepenos

HEXB : 2 Ryvita with Marmite and an Aldi cheese spread triangle smooshed onto them (2 syns)

Snacks : Ryvita with Marmite-y cheese, a huuuuge banana (would keep King Kong happy!), apple, Muller Greek lemon yoghurt (0.5 syns), couple of slices of lean ham, cup of Bovril made from half a stock cube

Last edited:
My word, I've been hungry today. Maybe because I didn't have a decent breakfast - perhaps my usual All Bran does a better job than I realise in filling me up (as well as the *ahem* other, well known and much appreciated side effects! :sign0131:)

I made some tuna and sweetcorn mix to have with a salad at lunchtime. I was going to use salad cream to mix into it, but then I discovered a jar of Heinz Sandwich spread in the cupboard, checked the syns (1.5 per tblsp) and decided to have a 70's flashback. I used to have that on cheese sandwiches at school, lovely little tangy crunchy bits and all. So I used some of that and it was very tasty.

Bovril - another foodie flashback! I was starting to get hungry at about 4pm so I made a big mug of Bovril from half a cube. Having looked at the salt content (35% of RDA per cube!!) I decided against a full one. It was lovely, warming and staved off the hunger really well. Not something to have every day though with that level of salt...

Just had dinner - HM chilli, a mound of SW spicy chips and some finely chopped green salad with jalepenos. The chilli is free food, but there probably isn't quite 1/3rd superfree in it. so I knew I needed to boost it up a bit, especially to counter all the chips. Another six potions of chilli have gone in the freezer, for "I need comfort food" moments.

So 5.5 syns in all, not likely to have anything else now so that makes up for the 24.5 I had yesterday :)

Chips, whenever I want them....god I hate SW. :bliss:

Saturday 08/02/2014

EE Day

Not the best start to the day - been awake since I was woken up at 4am by the downstairs neighbours' baby crying. Again. I know it's not the child's fault but arrghhhh. I swear I've had as many sleepless nights as they have! AND, the eejit over the road who has an Alsatian obviously let it out for a wee around the same time as he spent the next 45 minutes calling it to come back in. Honestly, people have murdered for less. Anyway - I feel an afternoon snooze coming on (I hope).

Breakfast no 1 (at 0430) : Banana, yoghurt (
1.5)

Breakfast no 2 (at 0900) : Whole meal pitta
HEXB, stuffed with 3 turkey rashers and l/o salad from last night

Lunch : Pasta n sauce (1.5) with added ham, sweetcorn and spring onion on a bed of salad

Dinner : Saturday night fakeaway - skinny pork spare ribs in a spicy Oyster / soy / garlic / chilli sauce (4) and stir veggies with noodles

Snacks : Fruit

I popped out to Lakeland to get their burger press so I can start making my own burgers. I know I could do it by hand, but I'm a sucker for a kitchen gadget! I also got the ingredients to try that buffalo chicken that was in the latest magazine - it looks rather tasty. Will be doing that for dinner tomorrow.

I've just made the marinade for the buffalo chicken that was in the magazine. Had to substitute celery seeds for celery salt, but wow...if it's half as good cooked as it smells raw it's going to be amazing. I shall report back tomorrow :)

Sunday February 9th 2014

Red day today :

B : All Bran (HEXB1), strawberries, yoghurt (1.5), melon

L: Will be the best choices I can make fron a very old fashioned style buffet (think curly sandwiches, pork pies and pineapple and cheese on sticks!). There will probably be some cooked chicken drumsticks and I'll snaffle all the salad "garnishes" I can get my paws on

D : Buffalo chicken from the magazine with salad

Snacks : (before the buffet, so I'm as full as I can be) Ryvita (HEXB2) + cheese spread (HEXA1) + Marmite with some cold meat and one of last night's l/o pork ribs. Fruit.
HEXA2 : milk in tea

Hmmmm.....back from the event with the buffet.

Apparently, I am uncontrollable when faced with cocktail sausages. I think it was a total of 6 of those, one very small bite size sausage roll and a fishcake thing with breadcrumbs on it. As well as the chicken and salad previously mentioned.

I now have indigestion. Serves me right.

Blurgh.

Line drawn. Moving on and I'll do my best and hope for a maintain on Thursday :eek:

Well....a sneaky weigh this morning for damage limitation purposes has shocked me a bit! It's showing 1.5lbs off which is just bizarre. However - I know my hormones are going into overdrive and I still have to keep that off until Thursday for it to "qualify" so we'll see. But it's cheered me up a bit - I was down yesterday after scoffing all that buffet food that gave me indigestion. I usually wear smart black trousers, a shirt and a fleece gilet for work (we have to be smartish but not too starched). Everything is looser and I'm going to have to think about a couple of new pairs of trousers soon.

Today will be an EE day.

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, yoghurt (1.5)

L : L/o Buffalo chicken from magazine, salad, FF dressing

D : WW Spaghetti and HM sauce (3.5) with cheese (6)

Snacks : Fruit

HEXA
: Milk in tea

The buffalo chicken was OK - it was a bit bland, if I make it again I'll be adding some oomph with chilli. I made it into kebabs by threading the big chunks onto metal skewers with red pepper and onion. There's enough to do two lunchesas well as what I ate last night.

Last edited:
good luck for this week love x x

Not posting usual detailed food diary today as I'm not on the computer where I can do whizzy colours etc.

Anyway - a good day, usual breakfast, chicken and salad for lunch - in a meeting where there was a buffet again. Several people said my lunch looked better than the buffet! I did sneak a very small onion bhaji off the platters which I'm counting as 2.5 syns.

Just had dinner, a HM shepherd's pie from the freezer with gravy. Lots if veg in it, onions, carrots, sprouts and cabbage as well as the potato topping. I don't usually put sprouts in shepherd's pie but I seem to remember this was made after Christmas when there were a few knocking about needing to be used! Only ate half, so have the other half for tomorrow.

10.5 syns in total

Wednesday 12th February 2014

EE today - weigh in tomorrow and I'm hoping that what I've seen on the scales today is still there tomorrow :eek:

So,

B : Aldi golden syrup porridge (7) with a chopped banana in it, plum

L : JP and beans with jalepenos from the little cart outside the office - no SF with this (except the hot peppers) but I was short of salad in the fridge this morning so I'm going to eat plenty of fruit today. Need to go shopping tonight.

D : Leftover leftover shepherd's pie (5) (i.e. it was originally made from leftovers, then frozen and this will be the half I didn't eat last night! Don't like to waste food as you can see...this may have had something to do with why I am the size I am!).

HEXB : Not sure yet - I usually have it at breakfast so I'll have to find something else :)

So - Hoping for a good result tomorrow - if I get the same as I did this morning I will be overjoyed. It will be a decent loss despite 2 meals out this week (one of which I did not make sensible choices at!!). It will also mean another shiny SW award! I'm such a child...I'm going to stop thinking about it now just incase I jinx it :eek:

Last edited:
Hi Theria, sounds like you are doing fab, I have enjoyed reading your thread and your imaginative meals. Keep going :) x

Back