Total Solution feel like giving up :(

That's fab Zara so well done you, I lost another pound since yesterday so 4 lbs in 2 days so far bringing me to 12.7.

I have not seen below 12.7 for a rather long time so am hoping the next few days will bring me under, have also been 100% again today :D

Goodluck for Monday, I reckon the scales will have moved again by then though xx

Hi natalie,
Thats another amazing loss! Welldone....keep going girl. Ul be under 12.7 in no time the way ur goin. How have u felt so far? Have u hit ketosis yet?

On monday im predicting a gain as today was just too good to be true. At best it will stay at 10.8 fingers crossed il stil be overly happy with that. Whats ur target natalie?

Zara why do you predict a gain? What's happened?

Weighed this morning and another pound off, 5lbs in total and that brings me to 12.6!!! Have not been 12.6 for some time i can tell you lol.

So tomorrow am at my friends house for her sons birthday party and party food is my nemesis :sigh:

Plus she likes us to have a drink or 5 (usually has one ready for me for when I get there whether i want it or not) so I must stay strong as really isn't worth kicking myself out of ketosis (yep I am there with the metallic taste and all) and having to start all over again.

Then sunday we are off to woodlands (childrens/families fun park) so will be picnic food, also a nemesis of mine!

Oh goodness how on earth am I going to get through this weekend????

I am sure you will either have a wi on mon of a sts or a loss. I can only dream of being 10.8 lol xx

Hey natalie, I just keep thinkin 10.8 is too good to be true and knowing my luck it probably is. It must be some sort of mistake. Cos iv had sts week after week and at best had a 1 pound loss. So to have a 5 pound loss in a few days. Im gobsmacked. With the social events I know exactly what u mean its so tuff especially with a family as big as mine its always either someone birthday or a wedding or some sort of reason to celebrate which obv means scoffin food. Good luck for the weekend try ur besttt to resist but if temptation takes over then stick to low carb as possible. Stay awayy from the carbsss!!!

Talkin of carbs I have a confession to make:( im so embarrased.
Esp wen iv been so confident about gettin thru july 100% I had one slice of veryy thin stone baked pizza :( I just dont know what happned. It ended up in my mouth before my brain even knew what was happnin. I didnt even hav it on a plate it was straight from the box. Its only wen I got to the crust it hit me and threw the crust in the bin.
But I got to say it was the first cheat that I actually realli enjoyed and didnt feel soo bad afterwards. Straight after I ate it I thort about the u and the forum and ppl will think what a plonker I really am. Wen everythin was goin so well and I finally got into ketosis and I go and do something like that. My hubby had brought it home plonked it right it front of me not purposely but just so he could grab a plate for himself and before he could I just scoffed a slice.
I stupidly ate it but enjoyed it and from tomoro 100% till the end of july. No more cheats and thats a promise. And have no social event planned this month anyways which helps.
Still gona weigh in on monday as planned. X

Hi I am pretty new to both the diet and the forum. Have just done my first week and lost 6lbs. A bit disappointed to be honest as I've found it hard and thought I'd lose more with such a drastic change to my diet. You guy's seem very supportive, frieldly and honest so I wondered if I could come on board as I am finding this a lonely journey? x

Wow Zara you have done so well with your weight loss so far. I dream about been in the 10 stone bracket. Dig deep you know you can do it... by the wedding at the end of July you will be super super stunning. xx

Hi I am pretty new to both the diet and the forum. Have just done my first week and lost 6lbs. A bit disappointed to be honest as I've found it hard and thought I'd lose more with such a drastic change to my diet. You guy's seem very supportive, frieldly and honest so I wondered if I could come on board as I am finding this a lonely journey? x

Hiya,
Dont be disheartned 6 pounds is still a great loss. Nearly half a stone. I lost 6 pounds in my first week n was quite happy with it cos i kno i wudnt loose that much on any other diet...Ul probz still loose quite a bit on ur second week too. So chin up babe. This forum is great plenty of support on here. Anytime ur finding it difficult just come on here and have a lil rant about it. It will also help u keep motivated to stick to it aswell xxx good luck hun x

Wow Zara you have done so well with your weight loss so far. I dream about been in the 10 stone bracket. Dig deep you know you can do it... by the wedding at the end of July you will be super super stunning. xx

Thanks tess. I started at 14.4 stone and iam now currently 10.8 within 4 and a half months and thats with me not stickin to it 100% most of the time. Im sure if I stuck to it 100% I wud be at my goat weight of 10 stone by now. Mainly doin this for me and to feel better about myself. And also the weddings iv got cumin up as im sick of bumpin into old family and friends who havent seen u in ages and gasp in shock horror as they see how much weight uv put on. Its horrible. ok so I know its not my wedding but u still wana look ur best at any close fam's wedding...and to all those people who have commented on my weight and said horrible things to me at occasions about my weight. I just feel wen I get to goal this is gona be my finger up to them when they do see me....all I need to do is stick to it 100% for the rest of july. But I really am struggling after bein on this diet for quite some time. Not craving anythin as I think im still in ketosis but just feel like eating normal food just fooood!!! Agghhh.

You have done very well getting into the 10's.... you should be very proud of yourself. Keep focused on that wedding... and get busy. I find being busy is the only thing that stops me craving food. xx

Wow Zara you have done fantastically well. I hope I can do as well as you. You may feel bad about yourself at times but you are an inspiration! We are all human and find things difficult to stick to especially if the alternative seems a nicer option at the time but to recognise your limitations and refocus takes strength. Your wedding will soon be here and you will feel fabulous and proud of your achievements. It will all be worth it and just think... You did it! Not just for yourself but in your support of others. Thank you x

Well done Zara for the 5lbs loss when you had your sneaky weigh :) So you had a small piece of pizza, the main thing is that you didn't feel guilty about it, these things happens & if it did take you out of ketosis it would only be a matter of hours not days before your back in it...:wow: in the 10's, i haven't seen those numbers since i was a teenager...lol You done so well chick xx

Aw Zara you have achieved so much already and I really hope that tiny slice of pizza hasn;t caused any damage. As you said get back on track straight away and keep going and you will be fine.
Shall be checking tomorrow for your update and I am sure it will all be good.

I stayed strong alllll weekend and didn't eat a smidge ;) so am rather pleased with myself. It wasn't easy though and have had moments of grumpiness lol.

Am looking forward to tomorrow morning's WI for week 1 of July's Challenge!

Would like to say a warm welcome to dontcallmehoney :wavey:

This forum is great when in need of support or just inspiration, also 6lbs is a great loss so don't be too hard on yourself. Weigh that out on your kitchen scales and I think you would be quite amazed at how much that actually is (always remember seeing theat 2lb fat at slimming world class) lol

Don't forget losses can depend on start weight and if you are glugging enough water. Some people take a bit longer for ketosis to kick in too so keep going and see how your next weeks weigh in goes.

Goodluck ladies for your next weigh ins xx

Hi guys... thank you for all ur messages and support. U r guys r amazing! But unfortunately I have had a very very very bad weekend. Whyyy do we do this to ourselves.
It was my daughters birthday on saturday took the kids to a soft play area. And I was fine as the kids were having lunch otherwise usually I end up nibbling on there left overs. Anyways got home and out came the cake and thats wen the human dustbin came in action. eating my daughters left over cake then another 2 slices of pizza. Why do I keep doing this to myself wen I know how bad im gona feel about it later. Its becuming a joke. Today wasnt any better either again morning went fine but then came lunch time and insted of having my shake which I shud of had. I was at my mums house for the day and I head straight to my mums cuboard of goodies. And from there I dont actually wana say what iv had. But all I can say is that im heavily bloated and I definately shud not of had what I had. Im so ashamed. I made a promise to myself just yesterday. Im so sorry guys. I dont know what to do. I was doing so well and even hit ketosis and now iv gone and ruined it yet again. Im nearly at goal so why do I keep prolonging it myself. And tomoro is weigh in day. Shud I weigh? As it may bring me down to reality wen u see that gain or Shud I not? As the gain may make me have an unstoppable binge. Gosh im so ashamed I have no self control. I think I need to be locked in a room the whole day and be given my 3 packs a day only. Thats the only way I can see myself going forward. I been on this diet for 4 months u wud of thort that I wud of learned something about self control and portion sizes but no... ahh. Monday tomoro and I know I will be 100% ts after a really bad weekend. The week seems to go fine its just these dam weekends wen hubby brings all these luvly takeaways that I cant resist. Or mums goody cuboard. Those two things I stuggle with otherwise im sure I wud b finee. Sorry guys esp natalie. I know we were suppose to have a 100% ts month :'(

Hey don't you dare apologise Zara!!

Right so you've blipped over the weekend and as you said you are going to be back on it today. You can't undo what was eaten but you can and will move forward.
I do believe you have to be in the right frame of mind and know only too well how hard those last few pounds are to get off especially when we sabotage ourselves.

Funny thing is I did pretty much the same thing at both my daughters birthdays with their cakes and I don't even like cake!

You have 2 options, you can weigh tomorrow to see if there has been any gain - this in turn can go 2 ways, could make you feel more down or give you the boot up the bum you need to get back to TS.
Option 2 - skip WI till next week and be determined to TS which in turn will make up for any undoing created over this weekend.

Either or there's not right or wrong option but you will need to turn your frown upside down hon cause if your mood is low nothing is going to help (have been there a thousand times before)

I have been on and off exante since feb this year and this has been my 1st full TS week since the 1st actual week I started so have taken me 5 months to actually pull my finger out my bum lol.

I do believe you have to be in the right frame of mind and you can do this Zara. As you are close to goal and maintenance I would start looking up meals and food plans to have ready to maintain. The more organised you are the more in control of your eating you will feel.

You CAN do this, WE can do this xxx :bighug:

We all blip darling.... a bad weekend doesn't make a bad week. Get straight back on plan for a couple of days and have a mid-week weigh in, you will probably still have a loss. xx

The fact that you are getting close to target seems to be mucking with your self resolve. Sometimes its scary achieving what we set out to do as then we are left wondering what's next, especially if dieting on & off has become a way of life.

Please don't feel like you need to apologise, a lot of us know that this kind of thing happens & that breaking the cycle is one of the hardest things to do.

As Slim says try to make some plans for when you are in maintenance & start back on TS today.

I think I would wait till next week to weigh in & give myself a week free of worrying about the lb's.

Can your husband not stop the takeaway's for just a couple of weekends till you get back into some kind of weekend routine.

Stay focused x

Hi guys, thank you all for your kind words :) so I decided to do a unofficial weigh in with my home scales on monday (insted of going to my local boots to get weighed.) to find out the damage and have had a 3 pound gain so im now 10.11 which to be honest is expected but it really has given me a boot up the bum and iv been 90% ts since monday as iv kicked myself out of ketosis I have had a nibble of cheese during the day. Hoping by tommoro I would of hit ketosis...will do a mid week weigh in on either friday or saturday to help me get thru the weekend and then a official one on monday. Fingers crossed. Hope everyones journey is going well? X

Zara that's not so bad and if you keep to ts between now and mon that 3lb will be gone for sure. Glad you are feeling back in control and stick with it x

Thnx natalie. I just so badly wana get bk into ketosis. But im makin it more difficult for myself as I cant help nibbling. Im nibbling a bit too much on the cheese which I kno is rong. And then went on to nibbling a bit of chicken. I think I had my last pack way to earli and now feeling peckish, wen usually I wud wait till about 8pm to have my last pack. Also havent been drinkin as much aswell so probably explains why im feelin so peckish. Hope to have a better day tomoro.

P.s iv finally got into my hubbys head that him bringin takeaways home is not helpin me as I have no self control whatsoever. So its been resolved. No more takeaways right under my nose on the weekend.
Thnx for the advise sue. Lets hope it works this weekend xx

I am also usually a cheese and chicken/turkey/ham nibbler but for once I have actually so far avoided all for July.

I know what you mean re the takeaways though, i go off and sulk usually lol, however yesterday I took my little ones to macdonalds for tea and sat with my coffee and water! Then took home a meal for hubby and eldest daughter - went and had a shower whilst they ate. Have to be honest though it really didn't bother me whereas normally it would have done.
I think my mentality right now is that I want to be thinner more than I want to eat so is spurring me on.

On the July challenge group I do look at other ladies goal weights and they are much lower than mine, I keep wondering what this means??
In my head my goal weight is pretty healthy but not according to the statistics that say I need to be 10.10 to not be overweight, I just can't imagine ever being that small.
So do I just stick to what I have or do I push myself a little further. I know at 11.10 I am around a size 12-14 which I feel is a healthy size to be surely?

Goodluck for getting through this weekend xx

I am also usually a cheese and chicken/turkey/ham nibbler but for once I have actually so far avoided all for July.

I know what you mean re the takeaways though, i go off and sulk usually lol, however yesterday I took my little ones to macdonalds for tea and sat with my coffee and water! Then took home a meal for hubby and eldest daughter - went and had a shower whilst they ate. Have to be honest though it really didn't bother me whereas normally it would have done.
I think my mentality right now is that I want to be thinner more than I want to eat so is spurring me on.

On the July challenge group I do look at other ladies goal weights and they are much lower than mine, I keep wondering what this means??
In my head my goal weight is pretty healthy but not according to the statistics that say I need to be 10.10 to not be overweight, I just can't imagine ever being that small.
So do I just stick to what I have or do I push myself a little further. I know at 11.10 I am around a size 12-14 which I feel is a healthy size to be surely?

Goodluck for getting through this weekend xx

Hi natalie, u shud be soo proud! Ur doing sooo well, and have resisted temptation really well. Ul be at ur goal weight in no time. Fingers crossed for u xx and u have a good way of putting it that u wana be thinner more than u wana eat and im gona remember that next time I dive into the biscuit cuboard.
Regarding ur goal weight u gota keep to what u feel is right for u and if u feel the 11s is it. Then so be it. U cud push urself a few pounds more in that way ul allow for any gain that comes with refeed.

So far iv had a 1 pack. Kept my water intake up aswell will have the next one at around half 3 and then the last one at 8 hopefully iv spaced them out enuff to not want to snack later. Im determined to have have a 100% day.
Hope u have a good diet day x

Back