First attempt at Slimming World... First attempt at a Food diary!

Day 10
Breakfast: 1 NuMe sausage (1 syn), poached egg, trimmed fat bacon and beans
Snack: 1 x hifi bar (HEB) and Apple
Lunch: Pasta and chopped tomatoes with garlic with a bit of fat free cottage cheese
Tea was a disaster I think due to the fact I was at work however hoping this is low syns as had a plain grilled chicken kebab with salad and no pitta bread or sauces...

And today's total syns. 1?
Definitely having fish and chips on Sunday now :p

Day 11
Lunch (woke up to late for breakfast after a long shift at work :() - batchelors past an' sauce with 25g Philly extra light (1syn) and trimmed bacon.
Dinner: SW big daddy burger with salad garnish, SW paprika wedges and SW coleslaw with a SW hash brown.

HEA: 40g oh reduced fat cheese (really is a lot if you grate
small too!)
HEB: 60g wholemeal roll

Syns. 1.5 for 1.5 tbsp of Nume mayo.
1 syn for Philly

and here it is! image.jpg

Last edited:
Well today is day 12 and I have still had a healthy breakfast! The trip to the seaside went well although in the end I couldn't resist the batter but have been accommodating for syns these past couple days having only 4. I estimate including fish and chips plus cider that I've had 70 this week and I weigh in on Tuesday! I must say, I enjoyed that treat! I even restrained myself and had only one fruit cider as I have cut back drinking cider and alcohol so much, and along with my fish and chip lunch it felt so naughty!

Going to eat lots more superfree and pray my little splurge hasn't payed too much of a price :p In fairness, I'm sure it's better than my usual night outa where I can have a lot of cider/ wine and a takeaway!!

Last edited:
Well today is day 12 and I have still had a healthy breakfast! The trip to the seaside went well although in the end I couldn't resist the batter but have been accommodating for syns these past couple days having only 4. I estimate including fish and chips plus cider that I've had 70 this week and I weigh in on Tuesday! I must say, I enjoyed that treat! I even restrained myself and had only one fruit cider as I have cut back drinking cider and alcohol so much, and along with my fish and chip lunch it felt so naughty!

Going to eat lots more superfree and pray my little splurge hasn't payed too much of a price :p In fairness, I'm sure it's better than my usual night outa where I can have a lot of cider/ wine and a takeaway!!
It doesn't hurt to have a little treat now and then, as long as we stick to plan in between....I seem to have gone off the rails this week :confused: need to pull myself together and get back on it before weigh in on Wednesday!

Well day 13 and haven't atea lot today due to being at work all day with such a busy shift. I think I defo have done my body magic lol! :p

Breakfast: muillerlight and banana + cup of tea (0.5 syns for milk)
Lunch: tuna pasta salad ( syns 2 for mayo) with 3 babybel lights (HEA) + pkt of ryvita minis (HEB)
Dinner: Instant mash (was trying it out! was okay with salt and pepper in), tin of mushy peas and some no fat bacon and a fruit salad!

I was was too tired to cook dinner :( maybe a better day tomorrow as were having homemade chicken curry :)
syns for today: 2.5

Weigh in tomorrow! Shall be updating :)

Well day 14 (yesterday) was a great day and went out to celebrate after gaining a 2:1 in my degree at the end of first year! and losing 3 pounds at weigh in!! so I went out with friends to celebrate! (Oops but not oops as was quite wise-ish)
Due to nerves I didn't hve breakfast but
lunch: pasta an' sauce and fruit
dinner SW chicken curry with peppers and rice
Syns: 3x (50ml) vodka, 2 x 25ml malibua and a single (25ml) vodka. All with diet coke. I also resisted the McDonald's/takeaway ;) and drank diet coke for a lot of the night to try and be good and no shots!!

All in all had a good night as this alcohol was consumed over around 8 hours which is really fab for me!! So nice and sober :)

Today, Day 15. To celebrate with family we went for 2 family meals and I can't honestly say I was good haha. First meal was chilli con carne with chips so estimating around 20 syns? Was a lunch portion so small bowl with scoop of oven chips?
And dinner was a breaded chicken fillet with white sauce and cheese, or known up north as a parmo with chips and a dresses salad and that has too many syns. So am gonna count as 40. Plus a large wine so say 50? So 70 syns :eek:
Il just stick to lettuce the rest of week! :p actually it's a healthy day tomorrow lol Back on it. Since I was quite good yesterday night with the booze I honestly wanted at least 1 day to let my hair down and enjoy my achievement !

Last edited:
Can't beat a proper parmo from time to time as a treat! Did you go to Teeside uni (I did only reason why i am asking ;-) )? Congratualtions on your 2:1 bet you are over the moon about it! What did you study? If you cant celebrate and enjoy yourself after such a fab result then when can you!
Just draw a line under it all and start a fresh tomorrow, maybe try success express? Where you up your superfree x

I'd say you had good reason to celebrate :happy096::happy096::happy096: well done x If you stick to plan for the rest of the week it might even itself out!

Thank you for your reply! No I am at northumbria but actually should have put that I only finished first year lmao! Sorry if that's misleading. I am a psychology student :) It's still a huge achievement for me personally as I've had a hard time and I worked so hard!

yeah! Back on tomorrow haha!

Still a congratulations is in order. I did forensic psychology at Teeside, graduated 2 years ago now. Psychology degrees are hard work with all the names and dates so be proud of that 2:1 :) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Still a congratulations is in order. I did forensic psychology at Teeside, graduated 2 years ago now. Psychology degrees are hard work with all the names and dates so be proud of that 2:1 :) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done on finishing your degree also! And thank you for the congrats :D x

Hello everybody! Well it has been really good today after my day off yesterday lol feeling really proud that after all that high fat food yesterday I have managed to have a very good SW day with one syn ;). Hope everybody else is doing well! Today I've felt so bloated after eating hardly any fruit and veg yesterday :( so every meal i've had today has included fruit or veg!
Hoping I will limit the damage :eek: (although I did lose 3lbs after having fish and chips on the sunday before WI. haha! )

So here goes....

Day 16...

Breakfast: Bacon with no fat, scrambled egg and chopped tomatoes
Lunch: Cupshot + banana + hifi light bar
Sweet treat: 1 x liquorice piece- 1 syn
Dinner: SW syn free friendly chilli con carne with rice. I packed the chilli with veg and followed this down with a muillerlight.
Dog walking snack: hifi light bar.

HEA: 250ml S/skimmed milk
HEB: 2 x rocky road hifi light bars

Syns: 1 :)

Ahh day 19?...

Havent updated for a few days but day 17 was a disaster. This was mostly due to the large amount of stress from
a family issue. I totally indulged myself with comfort food. Same for day 18 (yesterday) which I'm not proud of but drank all day and ate absolute rubbish.

However, today I woke up and I felt much better! These past couple of days have been terrible and have been a long time coming. It's been Really really awful and I spent most of the days crying. However having a couple of days to get it out my system so to speak have done me the world of good and am back on plan today! I haven't had much appetite truthfully as I'm still quite stressed but I'm sticking to plenty of super free and today I've ate

lunch: savoury rice and a salad
dinner: SW quiche packed with veg and baked beans .

Will try have a yoghurt and some fruit a bit later. I know this isn't a lot but also been quite nauseous because of anxiety.

Well it's day 20! How time flys. Still loving slimming world but trying to stay away from the scales to see the damage I have done :rolleyes:

Feeling a bit better today :) stuck to plan and few syns. I keep woke up to busy for breakfast this morning unfortunately so only managed a quick on the go banana and a cuppa (1syn). But lunch made up for it...
lunch: Tuna pasta salad with 2 tbsp of Nume mayo (2syns)
snack: SW quiche piece and seafood sticks
dinner: Gammon steaks( removed fat) with Philadelphia extra light mash (HEA) and lots of veg.

Feeling nice and full up after having a poorly tummy yesterday and through the night! I always feel better when I eat well. Haven't had any HEB yet so don't know whether to have a couple of aldi benefit bars or skip them, as i don't really fancy anything else today.

Hope everybody is doing okay . I suppose SW is a marathon and not a race. It's hard to forgive yourself after a bad week or day, but somehow you gotta think your only human! It's helped me a lot because falling off the wagon added to my troubles was really getting me down. But what's done is done, and I've tackled it the bests way I can :)

Hi! I just wanted to say well done for your losses so far. Life really can get in the way of weightloss sometimes can't it? The important thing is to avoid depriving yourself and not to beat yourself up, onwards and upwards! I just started sw again last week after having six months off it. I love it and will never ever use any other plan. Good luck lovely xxx

Hi! I just wanted to say well done for your losses so far. Life really can get in the way of weightloss sometimes can't it? The important thing is to avoid depriving yourself and not to beat yourself up, onwards and upwards! I just started sw again last week after having six months off it. I love it and will never ever use any other plan. Good luck lovely xxx

Thank you very much for your support! It's weigh in later on today so will be updating along with my food diary. I agree with what you said, some things are just out of our control and I know comfort eating isn't a healthy relationship to food etc but it really does make you feel better :eek:
I ended up having my 2 x benefit bars lol with a muillerlight and fruit as a got peckish later on, but again all free so I wasn't too bothered. You really cheered me up! Once again thank you :)

Keep going hun...life throws us curveballs when we least want them but you are back up and going strong..good girl

Back