First ever VLCD

Ypu're not having no carbs at all - each of the packs contains carbs eg the oatmeal has 8g of carbs and the sliver packet spage bol over 20g of carbs. However, the carb level has nothing to do with smoked salmon - as I don't believe that it contains carbs. I though salmon was allowed on SnS anyway - but to be fair it has been a while since I looked at the rules.

I understand that weasy, I meant because I was having no carbs that day. I'm back 100% today. Going shopping last night there was so much I wanted to buy but stuck to things I knew I was allowed because I don't want to fall into the trap of cheating now and again to all the time. If I see a treat as something I am allowed anyway then hopefully it wont slow my weight loss and it's much easier to go back to the shakes etc...

xx

Day 8 on the diet and today I have plumped for some cucumber and the rest of my salmon. Onto my first shake, decided for a strawberry one and it tastes much better than last time I remember.

Weighed myself and am 14st exactly! Would have been happier to be in the 13's but at least it is progress. Although my starting weight I decided was 14st7lbs, that was the weight I was happiest with after weighing myself 3 times. I actually weighed myself at 14st9lbs the other 2 times so I suppose it's actually a 9lbs loss in the first week which I'm amazed with!

I'm going to do my measurements at the next weigh in and I'm not weighing myself til then either this time, I'm sticking 100% again, it's actually getting quite easy and I'm adding lots of different veg so it doesn't get too repetitive. I'm loving this diet so far, I hope I stay in this frame of mind!!

Amy the dress is lush! I love it! Good luck with your journey - i sincerely hope u lose the weight fast and keep it off. Im planning to start slim and save In November/December. I have 3 stone to lose. I want to go to a tight 14 to a nice 10. Im 24
xx

Amy the dress is lush! I love it! Good luck with your journey - i sincerely hope u lose the weight fast and keep it off. Im planning to start slim and save In November/December. I have 3 stone to lose. I want to go to a tight 14 to a nice 10. Im 24
xx

Thanks hun, I'm hoping by November I'll be 2 stone lighter than my start weight so will probably be a 14 by then, we can help each other through the final hurdle!! Haha xx

it took me 4 months on WW to lose the 1st 10lbs then I switched to VLCD and lost all the rest in about 3 months , I had a holiday booked for the end of august so I was super motivated.
Trying to lose another couple of stones before xmas , I want to have lost 100lbs at least for 2012 , if someone had told me last year I could do that I would have laughed... how I was going on WW it would have took me 3-4 years
After the first couple of weeks big losses the weight comes off on average about a stone a month so you should be at goal early in the new year
x

it took me 4 months on WW to lose the 1st 10lbs then I switched to VLCD and lost all the rest in about 3 months , I had a holiday booked for the end of august so I was super motivated.
Trying to lose another couple of stones before xmas , I want to have lost 100lbs at least for 2012 , if someone had told me last year I could do that I would have laughed... how I was going on WW it would have took me 3-4 years
After the first couple of weeks big losses the weight comes off on average about a stone a month so you should be at goal early in the new year
x

Wow that's amazing. to think I could be a size 8 for new year!! How exciting!! I've never been a size 8 in my life. Definitely sticking to this diet 100%!! It's my friends birthday in November who I went travelling with when I was 15st2lbs, I decided when I came home I was losing weight once and for all instead of keep moaning about it, I want to be a size 12 for then, I don't want her to recognise me so that's sort of my mini goal. I know I'll be happy at a 12 but I'll be ecstatic as an 8. I'll be the same as my 32 year old sister then who is absolutely gorgeous! I want to be the hotter sister hahaha xx

I've been snacking a little on cucumber and raw mushrooms. I've not gone overboard and I've only had one shake today with my meal which I think is why I am hungry. Is it OK to snack on these because I do feel like I'm eating loads...

use my fitness pal hun make sure your carbs dont go over 70g per day or you wont be in ketosis ( so you will be realy hungry ), also you need all 4 packs per day or 3+ protein to get all the nutrients your body needs or it will hinder your weight loss not help it!!...if I was you I would DEF start taking a multi vitamin tablet too an unfortunate side effect of VLCD can be hairloss
x

use my fitness pal hun make sure your carbs dont go over 70g per day or you wont be in ketosis ( so you will be realy hungry ), also you need all 4 packs per day or 3+ protein to get all the nutrients your body needs or it will hinder your weight loss not help it!!...if I was you I would DEF start taking a multi vitamin tablet too an unfortunate side effect of VLCD can be hairloss
x

Ahh right, I think I might have come out of ketosis then, can too much veg do that to you? Back to 2 shakes, a meal and a bar for me then. I can still have my veg allowance and probs won't be as hungry.

Stepped on the scales again, naughty I know but I changed the batteries and there is only one way to check they work. Gutted still at 14st bang on. Why will my weight not just tip back into the 13s, I've not been there since I was about 16!! I can't help but think I've cheated when really, I haven't. I know I shouldn't expect a weight loss every day but man, I want one. No more weigh in's til Wednesday, not stepping on the scales is harder than the diet itself!

On the plus side, I have a job interview next Tuesday which is unexpected seeing as I didn't apply for any. I've not long been back from travelling and wanted to chill out for a bit before going back to the grind but I suppose I may as well start now, it has been nearly a month. It's just a normal 9-5,or 9-4.30 which is even better, I've never had a job with reasonable working hours in my life! So that will help me stay on plan.

Also with my roomie being type 1 diabetic unfortunately she had to break her diet this morning as her blood sugars were ridiculously low. She ended up having to stuff her face with Jelly Babies and a couple of bottles of j2o to bring her back to reality. She left the Jelly Babies on the side and Lord alive was I tempted... But... I picked them up, folded the packet and put them back in the cupboard without touching one. That is something I could have never imagined doing before, just proves I have got willpower!!

x

By the way hun, where is your fitness pal? xx

heya hun
I know what you mean with the scales I was totaly O.C.D when I first started lol....they dont move so fast as time goes on do they;p

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

this is the link for my fitness pal , its a good habit to get into to log every lil morcel that passes your lips.
If munching the veggies has knocked you out of ketosis I have no doubt you will be back in again today...its not like you had a pack of biccies!
If you need to munch have some cooked meat or a boiled egg cos they have no carbs....you will still lose weight if you arent in ketosis but you will feel the hunger pangs more and thats just unnessesary torture innit lol.

WTG with the interview as well , jobs coming to you lady lucks with you huh!
Jo x

heya hun
I know what you mean with the scales I was totaly O.C.D when I first started lol....they dont move so fast as time goes on do they;p

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

this is the link for my fitness pal , its a good habit to get into to log every lil morcel that passes your lips.
If munching the veggies has knocked you out of ketosis I have no doubt you will be back in again today...its not like you had a pack of biccies!
If you need to munch have some cooked meat or a boiled egg cos they have no carbs....you will still lose weight if you arent in ketosis but you will feel the hunger pangs more and thats just unnessesary torture innit lol.

WTG with the interview as well , jobs coming to you lady lucks with you huh!
Jo x

Thanks for that hunny, I'll try my hardest to use it every day. I started a written diary and haven't filled that in for a couple of days though haha.

I've just ordered some new workwear, I've not worked in an office for over a year so I've got nothing to wear. I'm hoping I won't be able to fit in them for long. Good job I love an excuse to spend money isn't it! Haha.

xx

Getting annoyed with this diet now, still no move on the scales!! Someone give me motivation...

It's my dad's birthday tomorrow as well so we are going for an Indian. Great. Looks like I'm gonna have gained this week by the time weigh in day comes.

Anyone know the best curry to go for? I don't want to not go but they'll wonder what is wrong if I don't eat anything :(

I'd ignore the scales until your official weigh in, your weight fluctuates depending on water/hormones ect, have you tried drinking more water?

At the Indian I'd ask for either tandoori chicken or chicken tikka pieces, they are normally just coated chicken cooked in the oven and not served with any sauce, my Indian also serves it with salad but you might have to ask for it

Back