First timer

Hi folks! sorry I was quiet yesterday, was busy having a lovely UD! All still going great.

My last DD was Thursday, Fri & Sat appetite was severely reduced and I know I keep saying it but the term 'normal eating' is what keeps coming to mind. For example, Saturday I went to Ikea with my dad, sat and had coffee and scone with jam and butter each. without even noticing I just didn't bother eating the 2nd half of my scone because I just wasn't hungry. I didn't 'think' about it, I didn't 'agonize' over it, it just never cost me a thought. It was only after we'd left that my dad commented on his fascination in seeing that change in me that I was almost nonchalant about food!

Saturday evening we bought a Chinese take-away for the in laws to have dinner with them, I opted for boiled rice some satay sauce and a few spicy chips. Again nothing like the amounts I used to stuff into myself but not cos I chose not to overeat but because it just came naturally to stop when I was full.

Yesterday I found myself slightly hungrier than previous days, started the day with an eggy bread & cheese sambo, had a few homemade new potato chips for lunch then after a gorgeous evening out I had a longing for BBQ food so we bought some racks of ribs, coleslaw, potatoe salad and beans and had a little feast. very enjoyable and set me up nicely for today's DD.

I'm not going to bother with the 500 cal meal but will go straight through again. Honestly I don't find it too taxing and sometime thinking of the meal can have me fixated on food, so I'll go through and hope for a nice result in the morning at weigh-in. I will admit to feeling nervous about weigh-in tomorrow because it is hard to believe that I had a weekend like I've had and I won't put on weight so we'll see! I'm really hoping for 2.5lbs which would take me down into the 16's for the first time in a long while so fingers crossed.

Thanks everybody who has subscribed and/or offered support. I find this blog is keeping me motivated!

Welllllll....second weigh in result is..

2lbs off!!! Wuhoooooooooo :))))

This is brilliant! Chippy Friday, Chinese Saturday, BBQ ribs etc Sunday and I'm still losing weight!!

Admittedly another half a pound would've been great as it'd have taken me to another level but who can complain about 2lbs!!

So very very chuffed with myself! I must stress that yesterday was my 5th fast since starting and my 2nd complete fast i.e. no 500 cals just a pure fast. I did find that last night in bed I had a wee headache but I went asleep and woke up fine.

Had yummy hi-fibre fruit bread which I made into eggy bread and fried served with some greek yogurt and mixed berries which I cooked in a little golden syrup! Very yum! Just had 3 nice chocs there from a box of dairy milk and for lunch I'm going to have a nice sambo and a pack of crisps. Dinner tonight is chipotle seasoned beef either formed into burgers or served on a burritto with crispy lettuce and salsa...hmmm that's sounding good!

I have decided that due to social commitments this week I am going to mix things up a bit. I am taking inspiration for this from a diary on here a few pages back called Hannatas IF Diary (I can't find the link now) but basically my plan is I will eat as normal today and this evening say from 8.30pm I will fast until 8.30 tomorrow night. It's still a 24 hour fast right?

I might try and do something similar over the weekend at some stage. I usually use Mondays and Thursdays as my fast days but this Thursday I am out for drinks and next Monday is the Bank Holiday so will be likely hosting dinner or visiting someone for dinner!

What do you think?

wow I am so yummily stuffed!

Delicious lunch...you really do appreciate food so much more once you know what its like to fast! Instead of just shoving anything into my face when I feel hungry I really want to eat stuff that I have a longing for and feel satisfied by by food.

Had a beautiful Wholemeal sambo with beef, lettuce, tomatoe, cheese and mayo with a cup of potato and leek soup and a pack of Boots shapers swirls (mega yum!) followed up by 2 more choccies from the box. I am satisfied, full and very happy!

Sounds great, Amo, it will be interesting to see if shaking up the fasting changes anything for you, I have never tried it. You could always have Wednesday or Friday as a fast day instead as another option. Well done on the loss so far.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks Kitty! Have since changed my plan! I'm doing ok on 2 fast days a week at the moment so I intend to stick at that until I see a need for change (why make things harder for myself than they need to be..plus it gives me room to improve if and when things do slow down) so I'm going to have an UD today as normal...a light one mind, then I will do a Monday evening to Tuesday evening fast or some variation of that depending on how the weekend plays itself out.

I usually wear a size 20 :mad: jeans but today I have a pair of 18's on that I could really do with a belt on so there is a very definite change, particularly around my hips and upper torso. My Husband...who is less than a stone and half over his ideal weight (he's a former professional footballer so he's by no means out of shape just heavier than he's used to) has decided to follow my lead. He completed his first fast on Monday and said he felt great so he's going to do 2 a week as well!

Hey you seem to be doing really well with this Amo, it really suits you :)

Hey folks, so sorry I've been MIA...still committed to this lifestyle...I took the week of Easter off (I just couldn't make a fast day fit around the multiple commitments) but I've sts and am feeling great.
Will be 100% back to normal on Monday next.

Back