French toast/Eggy Bread update

sounds wonderful great idea for a supper or tea as well. Mum has George Foreman, must try it next time I am home. And Dad got a block of wood to put under it to straighten it up so that eggs could be 'fried' on it too. I don't eat eggs unless well disguised but thought this might be useful for someone else.

I mix the egg, milk,vanilla nutmeg or cinnamon and a little sweetener together and put it in the fridge before I take the kids to school and then make my french toast when i get back so that all the flavours have had time to combine. I let the bread soak in it while i finish sorting my youngest daughter out with her snack and drink etc mid- morning then I have my brunch

Any toppings that I want to combine such as natural yogurt with alittle honey I mix the night before for the same reason and put in the freezer before the school run so get syn free icecream with it if having it for brunch.

Makes it absolutely scrummy

Great idea! I too don't have anything... except maybe a piece of fruit... until school run is done. Will make a change from my regular veggie 'fry-up'!

So am I the only one who makes it with 2 slices of white Nimble? Now a healthy extra B.

I find the wholemeal a bit stodgy for eggy bread and cannot imagine having it sweetened! I do need to be a bit more adventurous though. :eek:

I know this is an old thred but these ideas all sound fab :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back