FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

I'm coming to dinner cause it sounds scrummy:D
I have seen the Dorset cereals and wondered what there like, what portion do you get for 28g?
xx

Sorry Claire, I didn't answer your question! I love Dorset cereals as you don't get the 'dust' with them and they're not sweet and sickly like Alpen can be!! You don't get much for 28g I'm afraid so I always put sliced banana and/or other chopped fresh fruit on top and have it with 100ml of skimmed or semiskimmed milk! I love the variety too!X

Week 22- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy

Brekkie 9.30am-Dorset Cereals apple & raisin porridge 28g with 1 Scanbran crumbled in (HEXb) with semi skimmed milk (HEXa) topped with chopped apple and 1/2 sliced banana. Also ate the rest of the apple and banana!

Lunch-2pm- Slow-cooked chicken casserole (chicken thighs and lots of veg) with wholegrain rice and steamed broccoli and asparagus. Sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns).
4 Mikados (2 syns) and an Activia FF mandarin yogurt (small 125g pot).

4.30pm- Feeling really hungry today for some reason!! A Ryvita Thins multiseed flatbread with some marmite on it (1.5 syns) Some rings of fresh pineapple.

5.30pm- A tin of 'Salmon fillet with dill' (from Lidl) with a little Tabasco to liven it up, served with a packet of Waitrose garlic & coriander couscous- (1 syn). 4 clementines.

9.30pm- Went to a fundraising evening and chicken & chips were in the ticket price- ignored the chips completely, took the skin off the chicken and munched away!! Felt very angelic!!

Midnight- On way home in car (peckish)- Weetabix Oatybar- (3.5 syns).

Total syns 9.5

Last edited:
Food diary is fab! Giving me lots of ideas!! Thank u! X

Week 22- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy

Brekkie- 9.30am- 3 Joe's pork & apple sausages, 1 fried egg (frylight) and some grilled cherry tomatoes.

Lunch- 1pm- Last of the slow-cooked chicken casserole (chicken thigh and lots of veg) with wholegrain rice, steamed asparagus & broccoli.
An apple. A Skinny Cow mint double choc icecream lolly (4.5 syns).

Tea-an early one- 5pm- Tin of Asda chickpea dahl (free and yummy) cooked with cherry tomatoes, courgette and chestnut mushrooms. 3 small clementines. Waitrose probiotic fat free blackcurrant yogurt 150g pot (1.5 syns).

Supper- 9.30pm- 5 Scanbran (HEXb) with 28g grated cheddar (HEXa), 2 Laughing Cow XL (2 syns) and Marmite XO.
Nibbly bits- a few chips (3 syns), a minute bit of naan bread (2 syns), 2 chocolates (5 syns).

Total syns 18

Last edited:
Week 22- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy

Brekkie-2 Joe's pork & apple sausages, 2 egg omlette.

Lunch-2pm- Tuna salad:-tuna, tbspn Hellmans XL (0.5 syns)& tbspn sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns), rocket salad, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, balsamic vinegar, with grated cheddar 28g (HEXa).

Tea- 8.30pm- Salmon fillet (panfried in Frylight) with Teriyaki glaze (0.5 syns) stirfried veg (cherry tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, chestnut mushrooms, red chilli, courgette) and Thai ribbon noodles (3 syns)

Didn't have my HEXb today!!!

Total syns 5.5

Last edited:
Week 22- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy.

Brunch- Tin of Heinz 'Saucy steak' baked beans (2 syns) with 2 Frylighted eggs. A banana.

In the pub 4.30pm (my Birthday celebrations)-2 gin & slimline tonics (5 syns) (was virtuous the rest of the time on diet cokes!!!) From the buffet- 2 quarter sandwiches (wholemeal bread=HEXb). Fillings- tuna mayo no butter (?2 syns for mayo) beef salad (?2 syns for butter). A packet of Scampi Fries (6.5 syns)

Supper at home- 10.30pm- 2 salmon fillets with teriyaki glaze (1 syn) and rocket, cherry tomato and red pepper salad with balsamic vinegar.

Didn't have my HEXa today!!

Total syns 18.5.

:553:Week 22- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!

Brekkie- 6.30am- (Up early excited and starving!!) 2 egg omlette.

11am- 3 Babybel lights (HEXa)

Lunch- 2.30pm- 8oz steak, SW chips and salad (rocket & herb salad, cherry tomatoes, red & green pepper, spring onions, balsamic vinegar and e.v.olive oil (2 syns)). Fruit salad (mango, pineapple, grapes, strawberries) topped with Total 0% Greek yogurt and 1/2 tspn acacia honey (0.5 syns).

1 Lindt milk chocolate ball (4 syns!!! Had a shock seeing that!!)

6.30pm- Packet of Ryvita Minis sweet chilli (HEXb)

Late tea- 9pm- Salmon fillet, panfried (Frylight) with teriyaki glaze (0.5 syns) with stirfried veg (onion, red pepper, green pepper, courgette, chilli, leek & cabbage) with wholewheat soba noodles.

Total syns 7!

Last edited:
Week 23- Day 1 (Tues) Extra Easy

Brekkie- 10am- 3 mini blinis (4.5 syns) with Quark, mixed with lemon juice, smoked salmon and dill (yum yum!!) Some chunks of melon.

Lunch-2pm-In Maes-yr-haf, a local restaurant:-
Starter- smoked trout 'Nicoise salad' (involving smoked trout, a poached egg, potato, cherry toms, mixed leaves) Dressing (?4 syns- difficult to call!!) Main- chicken breast in smoky bacon (removed bacon as too streaky!), sweetcorn polenta (?2 syns- not sure) and various vegetables (?4 syns for any butter involved!!) Vague on syns but tis tricky when eating out! No pudding or alcohol, just diet coke, water and a pot of peppermint tea afterwards!:happy096:

Back at home- 5pm- Fresh fruit salad- grapes, melon, mango and strawberry with a small 120g pot vanilla/choc sprinkles Mullerlight over it! Yum!

Late supper- 10pm- 5 Scanbran (HEXb) with 5 Laughing cow light (HEXa) and Marmite XO

Total syns 14.5

Last edited:
Week 23- Day 2 (Wed)-Extra Easy

Brekkie- 7am- 3 mini blinis (4.5 syns) with Quark mixed with lemon juice, smoked salmon and dill.
A banana and an orange.

9.30am (whilst waiting for car to be serviced)- Luscious Lemon HIFI bar (HEXb).

Lunch-1pm- Waitrose lemon & garlic couscous 110g pack (1 syn) with 1/3 pot red pepper & sweet chilli cottage cheese (1 syn). Waitrose vanilla probiotic yogurt (1.5 syns ). Fresh mango chunks.

Tea-8.30pm- Spicy pork with Mexican rice (recipe from new May/June SW mag)- Pork tenderloin fillets, bacon, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, cloves, beef stock, jalapeno chillies, pinto beans, fresh tomatoes, coriander. Rice- onion, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, kidney beans, sweetcorn, coriander, fresh lime juice (all free).

Cadburys Creme Egg- 9 syns (This was to drown my sorrows for putting on 1.5lb this week!!! Shouldn't have done it, but I did!!!)

350ml glass skimmed milk before bed (HEXa)

Total syns 17!

Last edited:
Week 23- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy

Due to my gain this week (I weighed last night instead of my usual Monday) I am going to have a couple of syn-free days, or at least stick to <5!

Brekkie- 9.30am- Slices of mango and a Mint Crunch HIFI bar (HEXb).

Lunch- 1.30pm- Spicy pork with Mexican rice (SW mag recipe- see yest (Wed). A pot of cherry Activia Fat Free yogurt.

Tea- 6.30pm- Pizza Express!! Could have been a disaster, but not so!! Salad Nicoise-(yellowfin tuna, egg, potato, green beans, tomatoes, salad leaves) Dressing on the side- had such a small drizzle it's hardly worth mentioning but I'll say 2 syns to be safe!!! 2 doughsticks-there were 4 on the plate (these are so hard to syn as only had 2 and no butter/dressing so I'm saying 8 for the 2)

9.30pm- 3 Babybel lights (HEXa). A Shape Zero cherry fat free yogurt.

Total syns ?10

Last edited:
dont go syn free completely - my C said this DOES NOT HELP!!! :( apparently we need 5 syns a day min!!! up to you honey, but i thought i would mention it!

When i went syn free i only lost half a pound that week - ! xxxx

Back