Gill SW diary -green days

Does anyone know if the ww sugar free jelly is free? Thank you :)

Have you had any of the WW jelly - personally I find it too "thin", they tend to have water on top of them when they are set. When I am at home I have jelly everyday and buy either Hartleys or Rowntrees. I get 3 portions out of 1 jelly at half a syn each.

Have you had any of the WW jelly - personally I find it too "thin", they tend to have water on top of them when they are set. When I am at home I have jelly everyday and buy either Hartleys or Rowntrees. I get 3 portions out of 1 jelly at half a syn each.
Not tried it yet (it's ready to eat in the fridge) may try the others you mentioned though. Picked up the ww ones as there isn't any gelatine in them ;)

Jellies being veggie never crossed my mind. I don't eat meat or fish because I have Crohns but don't delve too far into things like jelly.
I have a vegan son but he does not live with us and when he left home got out of the habit at looking at ingredients on packets.
Just checked Hartleys ones on the net and the sugar free ones are not veggie but having no luck with Rowntrees.

Saturday
B- 1/2 scan bran cake (other half for snack) made with 5 scanbran HEB plus one egg and loads of frozen berries plus 2 tbsp cocoa 2 syns
L - mixed veg/cauliflour pizza with cheese HEA
D - noodles from the Chinese (very small portion) with bit more of the cauliflour pizza with cheese HEB to get more speed foods in.
Snacks - cheesecake thing made with egg, cottage cheese, ff (adapted a recipe) with frozen berries on top then also had portion of ww jelly with ff (0.5 syns)
total syns - 2.5 plus a bit for oil on noodles so will call it 7.5.

Going shopping today so will make a few more things to try next week.

Sunday
B - scan bran cake with ff and frozen berries HEB
L- Salad with mixed beans and cottage cheese
D - pasta bake with loads of veg, cottage cheese, home made potato wedges, homemade passatta dip, noodles, more salad (bit of a buffet thing I did) cheese HEB and feta HEA
had quite a few syns tonight but hoping its ok as not gone up to my full allowance all week
Half an Easter egg, piece of very thin sponge cake guessing max of 25 syns (cake was very small and made with sweetener)

Last edited:
Awww I'm so sorry to hear that :cry: it may be that your HE's haven't been quite right like I say they do make a huge difference, I can't otherwise see where you could be going wrong... I would focus on those over the next week and see what happens I know it's easy for me to say that because I'm not the one who's disappointed or disheartened by it but I would ride it out and see what happens, it may just be your body adjusting... Chin up

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that :cry: it may be that your HE's haven't been quite right like I say they do make a huge difference, I can't otherwise see where you could be going wrong... I would focus on those over the next week and see what happens I know it's easy for me to say that because I'm not the one who's disappointed or disheartened by it but I would ride it out and see what happens, it may just be your body adjusting... Chin up

Thanks Gemma. I'm just worried about continuing to gain :( I may try and have a few low calorie days this week and try and drink more to curb my appetite. Just feel like turning to protein shakes and vegetables so I know I won't gain...

how was your weekend?

Great weekend as you will see from my diary.... (ooops!) Can you eat the scan bran dry? I know it's an acquired taste, try having that for your lunch like I do with something on it, sliced banana is nice or some Laughing Cows which will be your HEA too my Consultant said you are better off using your HE's as a meal rather than using them for extras such as the cake etc... Might be worth giving that a bash see if it helps?

How do you make your scan bran cake? I'm intrigued? I've just read this again see if I can pick up on anything as I'm a bit baffled at the gain... I'm going to be quite picky but I just really want this to work for you! You listed cheese a HEB on Sunday, what cheese was it? Also if you are eating scan bran you need to be drinking a lot of water with them I've read on a few posts on here that if you don't it can actually have the opposite effect and can cause a gain! I drink quite a bit of juice (no added sugar squash is free) so manage to get about 7/8 pints a day plus my tea and coffees.

Thanks Gemma. I make the scan bran thing by covering it in boiling water and leaving it to soak in for 10 mins, then I add a spoon of cocoa and sprinkle of sweetener, then whisk in a whole egg and an egg white and stir in some frozen berries then put in the microwave for a few mins. When its cooled I add fromage frais for added protein. It is morrisons fat free ff that I use.

The cheese I had was Parmesan 30g.

I am starting to feel bloated today so hoping it may be star week which may explain some of the gain? Very tempted to tweak now and have more protein shakes as they do curb my appetite. also chose SW because of being able to eat freely and not count things (apart from HEs) which im now doubting i can do :( if i have to start counting everything and restricting myself i may aswell do it by calorie counting then i can have my shakes freely and focus on veg without having to worry about HEs!

May keep going a few more days and weigh later in the week to see if it it due to bloated ness. I drink LOADS of water! Don't really drink anything else apart from hot choc and the occasional hot water with lemon juice.

Thank you for all your help Gemma :)

Yeah that cheese is still fine as a HEB, just wanted to check for you with those others changing. It's my star week too which is why I'm expecting a gain tomorrow because I usually put on a good 3/4lb so it is mostly likely that's the reason for the gain. I really hope you stick with it because it really does work, once you get in the habit of having your HE it will just become like second nature to you. How about Alpen Lights (all varieties as long as they are the LIGHT) bars x2 are a HEB the chocolate and fudge ones are gorgeous and really hit the spot if you have a sweet tooth, you could have those for breakfast and then the scan bran for lunch with some cheese (HEA) and viola all your HE's accounted for. There is a HE Section on this site so you could have a search through and see what you would like. Did you find those WW Petit Pains?

Thanks Gemma. No, had a bit of a struggle this week with shopping. Had to send my sister as my leg was bad so didn't get chance to look. I'm hoping to get out on Thursday and also intended on trying to find the unsweetened almond milk to try too :)

thank you for the suggestion of the alpen bars, they will be handy when I'm back at work ;) whilst I'm at home I'm trying to make the most of being able to cook/ eat as much natural food as possible and avoid as much processed food as I can (just to see if it makes a difference to my skin etc) so that's also why I haven't tried the mugshots/pasta and sauces yet but thank you for all the suggestions and your help. I'll stick with it and hopefully it will just be water/bloated ness and in a few days will have gone again.

Yeah I'm the same I tend to eat a lot of quick convenience foods during the week when I'm at work and try to make the most of having the time to cook on a weekend - I do try to batch cook but I'm often too lazy! Bet it's been awful for you with your leg seen as how you are so active as well must be a right nightmare for you. I'm putting together some veggie recipes for you now which I hope you'll like I found all my old green day recipes so I'll get them whacked on my food diary for you to have a look at, there is a few so it might take me a few days! When are you hoping to get back to work?

Thank you soooo much Gemma :)

I need to have a further scan this week then go back to the consultant on Saturday. I suspect another couple of weeks then I should be able to go in (get a lift from my Husband) even if still on my crutches. My main problem at the moment is I need to keep it up or it gets really swollen and painful and I can't do that at work :( think the worst is over now though (fingers crossed)

Monday
B - half a protein bar (5 syns) ff and defrosted frozen berries
L - salad with half a tin of mixed beans and cottage cheese plus feta HEB
D- LM rosemary and onion sausages in a vegetable bake (peas, carrots, cauliflour, mushrooms, passatta, feta HEB and Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top HEA)

syns - hot choc 2 plus 5 above.

I'm trying to save some of my syns for Saturday night this week

Tuesday
B- sausage veg casserole thing (LM rosemary and onion sausages, loads of veg, passatta) plus cheese HEA
L - scan bran cake HEB with frozen berries and ff 1syn for cocoa
D- salad with mixed beans, cottage cheese and feta cheese HEB
snacks - protein shake 5 syns then maybe a hot choc later too 2 syns, half a protein bar 5 syns, total 12

Last edited:
Wednesday
B- 1/2 scan bran cake plus protein shake 5 syns
Snack- other 1/2 scan bran cake with berries and ff (HEB)
Lunch- mixed veg with feta HEB
Dinner- LM sausage and mixed veg with Parmesan cheese HEA
syns - 2 for cocoa plus 5 for shake, total 7

Back