Go Lower

Just had the mushroom soup & a 1/2 bag of smokey bacon crunch (quite like massive quavers). Thought the soup was quite good and mixed with the smokey crunch I am totally stuffed. Going to have the rest of the crunch later on today, thought I would stay away from the nut bars today, the one I had yesterday gave me terrible wind, thankfully the bf was out. Go Lower advised to have probiotics to help as my body adjusts to the fibre. Xx

glad you are enjoying the meals - must admit the mushroom soup is my least favourite soup and the beef bouriginon is my least fav main meal so great that you like them both.

I bought some of the new meals off the site today so I'm looking forward to trying them over the next few days

Mmmm, I know, I still have loads of new meals to try, really looking forward to once I get the Curry.
I thought the beef bourginon was pretty good and my celeriac mash was a total success and great for mopping up all the sauce in the meal.
I'm going to have the broccoli and cheese soup today and going for the chicken fricassee for tea with half a portion of asparaus and half a portion of baby corn.
I woke up this morning with a background headache so fingers crossed I am going into ketosis. I had the terrible munchies last night, just kept pacing backwards and forwards to the kitchen and picking up the chocolate brazils and putting them down, opening the fridge and shutting it, it went on for about 2 hours but I managed to not have anything. I wasn't hungry at all, its just trying to break the habbit of a lifetime!! Note to self, watching masterchef whilst doing this may not be the best idea, all those puddings!! I'm like John Torrode, loves the pud! Oh well, only another couple of days and I can have a chocolatey treat, :D!! Xx

Wow, feel so much better today, yesterday was quite trying with the headache and feeling sick. I ended up having my tea (chicken fricassee - YUM!!!) and having a bath and going to bed at about 8 o'clock and slept right through to half 7 this morn.
I've treated myself to cream with the breakfast today, sooooo goood. I think I might occasionally have scrambled eggs for breakfast and have the breakfast with cream and strawberries as a pudding. Do you think this would be ok? Xx

Hi
Have just joined forum and just ordered 28days Go lower, I am hoping that this will get me back to sticking to a diet for more than 3 days.
I have done Atkins, lost 8 stone, put back 3 stone & did L Life but put back 5 stone now.
great to read your encouraging comments about taste of food and your control so far.

Do you know of anyone that has lost with Go Lower and kept the weight off long term?

Hi rosieposie, there is a forum on the go lower website site in the members area and there does seem to be people who have done amazing. Lou1973 that posts on here has done great too.
Its my first weigh in tomorrow & it has been the easiest week of any diet I have ever done. I kind of cheated a little and had my dark chocolate creme bar treat early and had it last night, woops, it was just shouting out to be eaten though. Xx

Hi both

I feel a bit of a fraud as i am struggling at the moment on the diet but it seriously is an amazing diet - when I'm on it the weight falls off me and I'm not struggling because of the food or the diet - it's a bit of a mental block thing - I'm 10lb off goal and i think i've got some weird thing going on in my head about resisting getting to goal as i wasn't very happy last time i got there.

Anyway please believe me it's a fabulous diet and I've lost 2 and a half stone on it (most of it in the first 3 months) i just need to push past my silly head and lose the last 10lb (it'll only take 3 or 4 weeks so I really am being daft)

Hey Lou, Try and keep in there, everyone has bad weeks and this must be one of yours. Just try to keep at it and as you say it will only take a few weeks. You say that yo were not very happy last time you reached your goal, how do you feel now? Are you happier in yourself?
I'm not sure if this is appropriate now, but I have now completed a week and have just done my weight in...I've lost 6lbs this week!! I am totally amazed and totally cheesing it!! :) Xx

oh that's absolutely fabulous - well done - and it's totally appropriate - hearing of others peoples successes really helps to remind me why I'm being daft.

I've woken up with a new found determination to shift the last 10lbs and hearing of your success encourages me that i can do it. I'm just about to pop to the gym because that also helps my determination

Congrats again

Thanks Lou, Glad you have your motivation back, you can do it, you've already prooved that with how well you have done so far :).
I feel highly motivated just now and really looking forward to getting more variety as I move on through the programme. I'm not feeling ready for joining a gym yet, saving that for once I have lost some weight and feel a bit better. My energy levels definately seem to be improving day to day. Xx

I felt the same when i first started the diet and have only joined the gym this year - really enjoying it at the mo

Gym went well, even followed it up with a swim, and today has been a good diet day so am going to bed happy ;-)

Yeah, glad you had a good day. I can't wait until I feel I can get into a swimsuit and brave the world - well the local pool will be a good start. Xx

it'll be no time at all - i was about the same weight when i started - 13st 5 (size 16/18), then I lost 7lb the first week and averaged 2.5/3lb a week thereafter. Had a couple of rubbish weeks where i lost half a pound and then the following week would lose 5lb so it all balances out.

Today i'm 10st 12 and in size 10/12 depending on the style my goal weight is 10st to 10st 4 allowing for monthly fluctuations. Everything still wobbles in quite an unattractive way (at my largest i've been 16st 7 so my skin has been somewhat stretched over the years) but I think sod anyone that wants to make a judgement - i'm getting fit and enjoying the excercise and if they don't like seeing me in a bikini that's their problem!!

Hope you're having a good day

i've just thought i've picked up some good tips whilst I've been on the diet that you might find helpful

- breakfast - my raspberries kept going off in the fridge before i'd had chance to eat the all and someone mentioned frozen raspberries - it's a genius idea - i take a few out and defrost them overnight.

- veg with dinner - I was getting a bit bored having to get the steamer out just for one portion of veg. Instead now I steam a whole load of veg then freeze them in portions. When I get home all I have to do is heat up my veg along with the go lower dinner and I'm eating

- water - i drink loads and i notice on the days when i don't drink very much I struggle more and I rarely lose weight

- snacking - there's nothing worse than being caught away from a microwave and feeling hungry - i always have a nut bar in my handbag for these occassions or if i want something else most garages now do protein snacks such as chicken on a stick or fridge raiders or babybel

Thanks Lou that's a brilliant attitude to have and brilliant tips. I hadn't even thought about frozen fruit. I'm quite lucky in the fact that I have always drank a lot of water so that part is easy for me. To be honest though I really am not finding this difficult at all, think it is the way I should be eating although I would love to somehow be able to incorporate cream cakes but you can't have it all, :D! Xx

that's fabulous that you're finding it a breeze - I feel like I've got my head right back into it as well - you've really helped me so thanks.

the way i look at the cream cakes thing is that I will be able to eat them one day and occasionally - I now can't wait to get rid of the last 10lbs and start on a maintenance program

been to the gym and swimming again today so am really on a roll ;-)

Woo Hoo, We can do it & your right one day I will be able to have treats and actually just have them as a treat not as part of my staple diet.
I'm in London this weekend & I'm going to have bacon and eggs for breakfast on Saturday as a treat before going for a little look around the shops and plan what I am going to buy once I lose my first stone (fingers crossed that will 2.5 weeks away, ha ha).
When did people start noticing with you? I'm just so excited for people saying and buying nice clothes rather than sleeping bags and tents! Xx

It took about 2 months for people to really start to notice and then it happened all at once - now I'm getting comments daily. I think it's a confidence thing as much as anything - now I'm quite pleased with how I look I make an effort to dress nicely and in figure hugging clothes which means people notice even more.

I've become a bit of a nightmare at buying clothes thou - popped into tesco today to buy some fags and came out with a new suit and a jumper - i seem unable to walk past clothes for sale without buying something!! Most of the things in my wardrobe I haven't even worn yet!!!

When you are in london why not pop into primark and treat yourself to something - i say primark because it's great for cheap clothes that you are going to shrink out of really quickly - I've been amazed at how I buy a pair of jeans that fit nicely and 4 weeks later they are too big!!

That would be great if in two months time i can bump into people and show off a slimmer figure, I definately feel a bit less bloated today, and I think my trousers seem to fit a bit better (less muffin top poking over :) ). I just feel a bit more healthy (stomach has eventually got used to all the fibre I think).
I might give primark a go and get a little treat. I'm also going to go into selfridges and dream that one day I will go to the ball in a gorgeous figure hugging satin dress, maybe even show off some leg.

Hope you have a great day. Xx

Back