Going it alone - Help!!! EE plan

Food today... Has been a little picky because I've been revising all day so have eaten whenever I've had a break pretty much!

Breakfast: two boiled eggs and a slightly charred whole meal pitta hexB

lunch: odd snack collection of 1 muller light Greek style yoghurt coconut (1 syn), 1 apple, 1 tomato, 1 can of diet coke, 2 chocolate snack a jacks (6 syns)

dinner: medium baked potato with a few squirts of fry light, last leftovers of roast beef (fat removed), a whole packet of baby sweet corn and mange tout. Oh with some mustard (1 syn)

4 cups of really strong tea with skim milk so I'm pretty sure I'm within hexA allowance.

Total syns: 8

bit worried about tomorrow- have an exam that I'm not entirely prepared for.., last time this happened I went to asda, bought four glazed ring donuts and ate them all one after the other to stop myself crying haha.
So fingers crossed and please wish me luck, or at least encourage me along the donut free path!!

Food today... Has been a little picky because I've been revising all day so have eaten whenever I've had a break pretty much! Breakfast: two boiled eggs and a slightly charred whole meal pitta hexB lunch: odd snack collection of 1 muller light Greek style yoghurt coconut (1 syn), 1 apple, 1 tomato, 1 can of diet coke, 2 chocolate snack a jacks (6 syns) dinner: medium baked potato with a few squirts of fry light, last leftovers of roast beef (fat removed), a whole packet of baby sweet corn and mange tout. Oh with some mustard (1 syn) 4 cups of really strong tea with skim milk so I'm pretty sure I'm within hexA allowance. Total syns: 8 bit worried about tomorrow- have an exam that I'm not entirely prepared for.., last time this happened I went to asda, bought four glazed ring donuts and ate them all one after the other to stop myself crying haha. So fingers crossed and please wish me luck, or at least encourage me along the donut free path!!

Good luck for your exam...keeping you away from the donuts is only up to you, sorry...but...think how you will feel after having them! Did you really feel better after having them? And they won't change the result of your exam...stay positive and do the best you can!
All the best xx

Thanks :) you're right, they didn't really help with the exam, just sort of made me feel a bit happier for half an hour- then guilty as hell for... Well I'm still feeling guilty and this was pre Christmas so...!
Having thought about it, my plan of action is to have a SW friendly lunch immediately after the exam then head to the gym for endorphin based happiness rather than donut based.

Thanks :) you're right, they didn't really help with the exam, just sort of made me feel a bit happier for half an hour- then guilty as hell for... Well I'm still feeling guilty and this was pre Christmas so...! Having thought about it, my plan of action is to have a SW friendly lunch immediately after the exam then head to the gym for endorphin based happiness rather than donut based.

That sounds like a perfect plan x

Morning everyone, I was too tired to post last night so here's my food for yesterday:

breakfast- 3 bacon medallions 4 sliced mushrooms fried in fry light all in a wholemeal pitta (hexB) with some tomato puree

Lunch- a spicy sweet and sour mugshot with an apple and a can of diet coke

snacks- another apple and a muller light Greek style yoghurt coconut (1 syn)

dinner- I home made a satay sauce from a recipe on here which said 3 syns, but I don't know if that was per serving or for the entire sauce mix? If for the entire mix then I had 1.5 syns, if per serving then I had 6 syns. Put that with stir fried chicken breast, mange tout and baby corn, then Made egg fried rice with leeks. Had about 10 of these little tesco thai spice crackers which I can't find syns for, they're pretty small, the size of squares crisps and definitely less that prawn crackers so guessing about 2.5 syns.
Also had one low alcohol beer (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 12? Or maybe 7.5? Either way within 'budget' :)

exam went ok I think and I went to the gym after too so feeling pretty good at the moment. Thanks for your advice strawberry shortcake :)

Today's food, is a bit odd because after a normal Saturday lazy lunch my boyfriend surprised me with tickets to a French acrobatic circus show so ended up having unplanned syns and because we slipped lunch dinner turned into an absolute feast! But I still didn't cave to total temptation and just go off plan so still feel happy about that.

Breakfast: two and a half scrambled eggs, smoked salmon on small loaf bread (hexB)

milk in two cups of tea and a coffee (hexA)

lunch: ??? None I'm afraid. Too busy being entertained :)

Snacks: half a small tub of mackies ice cream - I worked out syns from the calories but please correct me if you know better!! (4 syns) half a curly wurly (3 syns) and about 10 baby plum tomatoes

dinner: homemade chilli with 5% mince, lots of veg, tomatoes, kidney beans etc, plain basmati rice, refried beans, corn on the cob, side salad (no dressing) I told you it was a feast!! And about two tablespoons of fat free fromage frais
finally a nice low alcohol beer (syns 2.5)

total syns: 9.5

Yesterday's food was a bit all over the place again due to being out and about, we were going to have lamb roast for dinner but it was going to take 3 hrs to cook and we got back to late so had to cobble something slightly less SW friendly together.

Breakfast- apple, 4 strawbs, 2 dollops of fat free fromage frais, 35g fruit n fibre with about 150ml milk

snacks- Apple, carrot, diet coke, sparkling water

Lunch- low fat super noodles, tsp fromage frais, 2 slices ham, few baby plum tomatoes

dinner- few pancakes with crispy aromatic duck and hoisin (15 syns), homemade sweet and sour chicken with egg noodles (looooooads of veg) (1 syn)

2 low alcohol beers (5 syns)
total syns: 21. But I haven't used all my syns on any other day so not too bothered.

Last edited:
Weigh day: STS. Quite annoyed with that because I've stuck to plan- only trip was yesterday and was still within weekly syns!

I think I am going to change my weigh day to Friday because it seems Monday hasn't given me enough time to get over the weekend which is the only time I really go to full syns and it's not nice starting the week disappointed

Ok so I have a slightly embarrassing update on my weigh in day (also feel like Im having a bizarre conversation with myself haha) but basically I hid the scales in a cupboard last week to stop myself weighing every five minutes so when I went to weigh this morning I just took them out and stepped on and got my depressing STS result, however my boyfriend said I should weigh again but in the bathroom because the hall by the cupboard is floored with uneven exposed wood floor and when I did weigh in the bathroom I was -2lbs, so hurray!! And thank god for having a boyfriend with a brain haha
I would LOVE to loose 3lbs next week but would be happy with 2 again.

I had real trouble with my scales making me different weights not only in different places, but also in the same place!

I got new ones and all is right with the world. They just make me 1kg heavier than the old ones so need to not dwell on that.

Well done on your loss xx

Thanks littleone, I was pleased!

Another day off full of syns, eeep!

Breakfast: 1 poached egg, smoked salmon, 2 pieces wholemeal toast(hexB)

Lunch: nothing

Snacks: carrot, 3 strawberries, couple of baby tomatoes, few spoonfuls of free chilli, um.. Think that's it haha.

Dinner: roast lamb, fat cut off, SW roast potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli cheese made with colmans sauce (4 syns) and extra 'light' cheese (4 syns), +milk (5 syns)
Small amount gravy (2 syns)
Mint sauce (1 syn)
1 low alcohol beer (2.5 syns)

some milk in tea (hexA)

Total syns: 18.5 ohh dear

I'll try to have a free day tomorrow I think :)

You've been under your syns on other days so you don't need to deprive yourself just for going over by 3.5. X

Well on your advice littleone I certainly haven't had a free day!

Breakfast: porridge (hexB) with sweetner and some raisins (should've weighed but didn't I'm thinking it was about 3 syns worth but I'll say 4) made with water

lunch: baked potato with beans and an apple

snacks: 2 baby tomatoes, about 4 cold roast potatoes with tomato purée (shameful straight in from work snacking!)

dinner: lamb curry made with leftover roast lamb, spices, tomatoes, onion, fat free fromage frais. 3 tsps of mango chutney (4 syns). Had quite a carb-full day so had low carb 'slim-rice' instead of normal rice.
Low alcohol beer (2.5 syns)

hexa- milk in three teas

total syns: 10.5

Snacking isn't shameful if it's free...get your head out of 'diet' mode and into 'health eating all in moderation' mode!
Good relationships with food will come but in the meantime diary is looking fab so well done! Xx

You're right littleone! I'm just so used to on and off dieting and getting angry at myself for eating any carbs! I think if you'd seen me run to the fridge in my work clothes and just scoff cold potatoes still standing in front of the open fridge you'd say it was a pretty funny sight though haha.

Right so today:

breakfast- weighed porridge oats 35g, part milk part water (hexB and some hexA) few fresh raspberries, tbsp jam (2 syns)

lunch - small tub of leftover curry and rice (no chutney this time), apple

Few cups of work tea (rest of hexA)

snacks- about 6 strawberries, muller goodies toffee corner thing (2.5 syns; and totally worth it for anyone struggling to completely give up corners)

Dinner- sweet and sour chicken stir fry homemade LOADS of veg (1 syn for the corn flour thickener) with slim rice

total syns: 5.5 very pleased with that considering I'm sitting here feeling pretty full and not craving a thing :)

Last edited:
Oh I quite often eat in front of the fridge haha!

Looks good today. It's certainly a way of life rather than a diet. I've been off plan for the past week thank to the huge amount of choc my parents got me (they know im on sw). But I'm still making better choices so it does get easier and you'll just instinctively and without realising change you're eating habits x

Another day, another feast...

breakfast: 30g sachet porridge oats, 4 sliced strawberries, 1 tbsp reduced sugar jam (1.5 syn)
made with a bit of milk and water (some hexA, hexB)

lunch: tuna salad with quinoa, 2 tbsp of asda counting Caesar dressing (1 syn)

snacks: melon/pineapple/mango selection. Goodies corner yoghurt (2.5 syns) snack a jack (3 syns)

dinner: salad (with free balsamic vinegar), corn on the cob, tuna steak, SW chips.

I realise I've had tuna twice today and appear to be single handedly depleting fish stocks!!! But I haven't had tuna for a while and do try to get the hand caught stuff!! (Not that the dead fish care but you know..trying..)

rest of hexA in tea

total syns: 8

Oh and to reply about your chocolate parents thing I've been pretty lucky this year because any other year I'd be the same but my parents live in Gloucestershire where I'm from and so they gave me an egg last time I saw them in early March which I obviously scoffed instantly and before I started SW so feeling like I've had my share already which galvanised me over the Easter weekend I think :)

Yesterday's food that didn't post for some reason:
I ended up going for a walk with the Boyf after work and we walked enough to be far away from home and ravenous so ended up going to the pub for dinner. I thought, here we go diet out the window, I have very limited self restraint in times like this but actually I don't think it went to badly at all!

Breakfast: same as yesterday (1.5 syns for the jam)
lunch: jacket potato with beans and side salad (1 syn for dressing)

snack: apple

dinner I can't be 100% on but these would be my guesses and I think I'm overestimating:
starter- smoked salmon with pickled courgette no bread or anything. There was a drizzle of beetroot and creme fraiche dressing so I'll add syns for that (1.5)
main- like a veggie bake lentils tomatoes chickpeas. No cheese no pasta. The only syns I can think of would be oil (I'll say 4)
and a bit of bread and butter (8)
half pint lager (6)
one glass red wine (8 syns)

so total: 30 syns but I really feel like that's a cautious overestimate

Back