GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

Loaf looks nice :) Hope you're feeling ok.xx

LENTIL LOAF

300gms cooked lentils - I used a jar of ready cooked ones
1 onion finely chopped and cooked - I put it in the microwave with water to just cover and a stock cube and cook until soft and water gone or you could dry fry or frylite it.
1/2 red pepper - chopped
2 eggs - whisked
120gms cheese - grated - any kind you want, made mine up to 4 hex a's with some Philly I had plus hard cheese - as it makes 4 big slices
1 tsp coriander powder - 1 tsp cumin powder - couple cloves of chopped garlic - pepper to taste - dried mixed herbs.

Mix it all together and put into a loaf tin - I always use a paper liner so it does not stick. Cook in oven 180 for about an hour. If it starts to go brown just cover with foil. Cook until it is set.

If I have any left over cooked veg I put that in - you can change make it hot by adding chilli etc. We ate the first slices hot then the second half cold. It is also nice spread on toast etc.

2-LENTILLOAF.jpg

Talking to the Personal Trainer at the gym and he asked me to bring in a list of what I ate in one day. Took it in and he told me I am eating too much food to lose much weight. The list added up to almost 2,000 cals which he said was not going to give me much of a result (not what I was looking for). Some days there was too much fruit, dairy and beans etc. so when I got back I took another random day and that added up to almost the same so I have decided to go back to calorie counting this week.
Started Tuesday so will see how it goes for a while.

Yes I was surprised too BUT thinking about it - I walk in the gym and there is a bowl of free oranges on the desk. Come out and they are still there so another one, then the banana or sometimes 2 boiled eggs I take with me then the yogurt I might eat when I get home. This is all adding up the cals but all free on SW. Not had 2 hex so just eat a 30gm piece of cheese for the sake of it because I can and so it goes on. Too many chickpeas or beans etc.
So decided to knock some of the cals out and see what happens.

I lost my weight cal counting so not new to it - just got to find all the recipes that I cal counted years ago so eating random stuff at the moment but will sort it out today. No gym as it is Andalucia Day and Carnival Night today and everywhere shut so will stay home as everywhere will be busy so hopefully will have good internet and can sort it out.

Will let you know on Monday how things go.

It looks like the Personal Trainer was right.

I have eaten between 1300 and 1500 cals a day since last Tuesday - done the same gym except one less aqua class and have had a result. I have dropped 1.5 KGS which is 3.3 lbs which is the same as I lost in 3 weeks doing SW.
Have eaten the same kind of foods but in smaller portions and not snacked on fruit all day and only had 30gms of cheese instead of 2 as hex a's so looks like I will stick to Cals for a few weeks and see if it stays the same way.

Good Luck with your SW and I will come back next week hoping to record a result. Not looking for that drop every week but 1.5lb will be fine.

Well done on your great loss :D
I think everyone's body is different and it's about finding out what works for you. If calorie counting works for you and you're getting the results you want that's brill :) x x

Back