Extra Easy Group Meetings and taking something for the slimmer of the week basket!

Our consultant asks that we only bring Fruit or Vegetables but every week you can be sure there will be mugshots, jellies, pink wafer biscuits and very little fruit lol

I think it would be nice to put something non food in - like some bath bombs, or similar! a treat for losing the most weight (within the SOTW rules!)

the class i used to attend , people would always put the mankiest brown narna, bruised apples and crusty dry oranges.

it just seemed an excuse to dump your dead froots.

lol
Very useful too! :clap:

Apples = Toffee Apple Ice Cream (1.5 syns on EE); Apple Betty (2 syns on EE); Luxury potato Salad (o.5 syn on EE)
Banana = Banoffee Pancakes (4 syn on EE)
Orange = Sweet Potato and Celeriac Gratin (1.5 syn EE); Honey Roast Ham (0.5 syn EE)

and that's just to name a few that can be found on the SW recipe pages :)

I think it would be nice to put something non food in - like some bath bombs, or similar! a treat for losing the most weight (within the SOTW rules!)

It's a great idea. One week I won SOTW and there was a really cute measuring jug in the basket. Which was really good for me because I needed to buy one. It's the little things :)

We had the same tin of Tesco value tomatoes in the basket several weeks running. The person who got it would bring it back and put it in the basket the following week. There was a small mark on the tin, so we knew it was the same one!

Eventually someone must have kept it.

We had the same tin of Tesco value tomatoes in the basket several weeks running. The person who got it would bring it back and put it in the basket the following week. There was a small mark on the tin, so we knew it was the same one!

Eventually someone must have kept it.
They were hungry! :giggle:

At my old group a lady there used to put in the small plastic tubs (4 pack) from the £1 section in Asda, fab size for keeping your daily allowance portion of cheese in or fruit etc also she would put in a plastic measuring jug that had all sorts of measuring scoops inside it, I think thats an Asda goody too. :)

I'd put in tinned mushy peas, tomatoes, chick peas, mug shots (being careful to only put in the free ones though), baked beans, coffee, passata etc The usual free stuff

The basket should be fruit or veg and it's all I allow in mine. Other stuff can end up going back and forth for weeks on end!
It should actually only be fruit.

The basket should be fruit or veg and it's all I allow in mine. Other stuff can end up going back and forth for weeks on end!
It should actually only be fruit.

What is SW's reasoning behind it only supposed to be fruit?

Our group brings only fruit, but so far it is always nice fruit (apart from green apples which I can't stand, but that's a personal taste thing, not because they are manky), but I do love the idea of little treats such as bath salts or flowers. I wonder how we could get that started up?

Do your consultants do raffles too? Ours does a little raffle with prizes such as mugshots, eggs, laughing cow triangle cheeses, or recipe ideas attached to one or two of the ingredients, and at Christmas she did a raffle where you couldn't buy tickets but had to earn them by either losing weight, staying to group or winning an award. The prize was a lovely SW entertaining recipe book.

If a bloke in my group won a bath bomb they wouldn't be very pleased! The basket is a gift from the group, it should be superfree, encourages eating of superfree etc.
if people started bringing random stuff in, I would ask them not to.

Good point re gender of winner Jay - I hadn't thought of that - and often, at this time of year, the winner is male!

I am only jealous - I am sure they work as hard on losing the weight really (they just make out they don't sometimes!!!) x

So glad I read this, no one's ever mentioned that we are supposed to put something in the basket and I just presumed that it was the leader who did it with some of the subs money!

So glad I read this, no one's ever mentioned that we are supposed to put something in the basket and I just presumed that it was the leader who did it with some of the subs money!

:sign0007: :giggle:

Dare you share just how many meetings you have been to? :whistle: :giggle: :8855:

exactly...maybe we are to be mind readers LOL

Am taking a season n shake rustic chicken mix, tonight, at 1 1/2 sins per person should be ok....

Wanted to take some other bits but as I will be around for a while, plenty of time....

Back