Grunka Lunka's SW Food Diary

Grunka Lunka

Hello! Right, I've decided to create a food diary here as I've been falling off the wagon lately and writing it down in a book or on a piece of paper just isn't working. I always come on this site in my spare time so I think I'll have more luck putting it here. I'm not going to record my food every day as I'll get fed up doing it but I'll post here as and when I think I need to. It'll also help me with meal ideas as I've forgotten a lot of the meals I've cooked over the past few months so keeping them here will give me ideas if I'm feeling uninspired :)

So today...

Breakfast:
Strawberries (S), Blueberries, Melon (S), strawberry Muller Light
Total: 0 syns

Lunch:
Home-made vegetable soup (carrots (S), celery (S), chicken stock, rice)

Dinner:
Pasta thing I made up (pasta, garlic, mushrooms (S), spring onions (S), basil, chives, bacon, fat free fromage frais, pine nuts (HEB), cheese (HEA)

Snacks / drinks:
Banana, black coffee, Hifi bar (3 syns), S&V Snack-a-Jack (2 syns), digestive biscuit (3.5 syns), fresh edamame beans.

Total syns for the day: 8.5 :)

Last edited:
Good day yesterday! Hopefully today will be just as good.

Breakfast:
Apple (S), Satsuma (S), Melon (S), vanilla Muller Light

Lunch:
Home-made vegetable soup (carrots (S), celery (S), chicken stock, rice)

Dinner:
Mashed potato, SW sausages, broccoli (S), Brussel sprouts (S), gravy (4 syns)
Total: 4 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Banana, black coffee, Babybel (HEA), Almonds (half HEB), Hifi bar (half HEB), biscuits (10.5 syns), jelly beans (2 syns)

Total syns for the day: 16.5 - oops!

Last edited:
Yesterday not so good but could have been worse.

Breakfast:
Apple (S), Satsuma (S), peanut & caramel Muller Light

Lunch:
Banana, peach (S) (didn't have time to stop for lunch today :( )

Dinner:
SW Cottage pie (mashed potato, beef mince, carrots (S), peas, onions (S), herbs & seasoning), Brussel sprouts (S), cheese (HEA)

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, wine (~15 syns)

Total syns for the day: ~15 - may be slightly more due to wine but I managed to not snack on anything after the wine! Big step for me! :D

Eugh, I've got a horrible cold at the moment but managed to stay within my syns yesterday. Today...

Breakfast:
Satsuma (S), banana

Lunch:
Mushrooms (S), garlic, 1 slice toast (half HEB), margarine (2 syns), cheese (HEA)
Total: 2 syns

Dinner:
Vegetable stir fry (S), half a Mattessons reduced fat sausage (7 syns)
Total: 7 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, lemon green tea, chamomile tea

Total syns for the day: 9 :)

Last edited:
Didn't have the other half of my HEB yesterday as I went to bed super early to try to shake this cold. Oh well! Today...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), Satsuma (S), raspberry & cranberry Muller Light

Lunch:
Home made vegetable soup (carrots (S), celery (S), chicken stock)

Dinner:
Rice, onions (S), peppers (S), carrots (S), peas, sweetcorn, chives, Mattessons reduced fat sausage (7 syns)
Total: 7 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, Babybel (HEA), Hifi Bar (HEB), edamame beans, French Fancy (5.5 syns)

Total syns for the day: 12.5 :)

Last edited:
Yesterday was good and I was super psyched to find that French Fancies are only 5.5 syns! Was a really nice treat :) Weigh-in this evening! So...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S), strawberry Muller Light

Lunch:
Rice, onions (S), peppers (S), carrots (S), peas, sweetcorn, chives

Dinner:
SW chilli (many S foods in this), baked potato, cheese (HEA), margarine (4 syns)

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, edamame beans, HiFi bar (HEB), Babybel light (2 syns), Graze box (7 syns), chocolates (6 syns), jelly beans (1.5 syns)

Total syns for the day: 20.5 - whoops! It was weigh day though ;)

Last edited:
So, little slip yesterday but most of those syns were after I weighed in haha! Lost 4lbs last week so another week like that would be nice! Today...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S), raspberry & cranberry Muller Light

Lunch:
Leftover SW chilli (many S foods)

Dinner:

Total:

Snacks / drinks:
Banana, black coffee, edamame beans.

Total syns for the day:

Hi shiv247, thanks for the comment! This week has been easier for me as I've had a cold and it made me lose my appetite so after dinner I've just been going to bed and not snacking. Usually I struggle with snacking in the evenings. However, what I'm trying to do is find syn-free alternatives to the things I usually snack on. This week I've gone for edamame beans as the fresh ones are free and I love them! I also try to keep my breakfast and lunches syn-free so that if I do snack in the evenings, I've got more chance of keeping within my syns. You'll see above though that I'm by no means perfect and have crept over the 15 syns more than once!

One of my other downfalls is alcohol. If I drink, that piles on the syns and then I tend to snack on all kinds of rubbish after that. I'm therefore trying to limit my alcohol intake so that doesn't happen. I have struggled a lot over the last few weeks, since Christmas really, but I think I've just about cracked it and am back on track now.

Right! One week of no evening snacks! Here we go!

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S), grapes, toffee Muller Light

Lunch:
Sandwich (bread (HEB), cheese (half HEA), cucumber (S), tomato (S), lettuce (S), margarine (1 syn)), carrot sticks (S), cucumber sticks (S), cheese Snack-a-Jack (2 syns)
Total: 3 syns

Dinner:
Omelette (eggs, onions (S), olive oil (2 syns), cheese (half HEA and 1 extra syn)), baked beans, mushrooms (S), gherkins (S)

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee

Total syns for the day: 6 :)

Last edited:
Had a successful day yesterday! No evening snacks, yay!

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S), vanilla Muller Light

Lunch:
Sandwich (bread (HEB), cheese (HEA), cucumber (S), tomato (S), lettuce (S), margarine (2 syns)), carrot sticks (S), cucumber sticks (S), salt and vinegar Snack-a-Jack (2 syns)

Dinner:
Nothing! Didn't get home til 10pm and was in such a bad mood I went to bed.
Total:

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana

Total syns for the day: 4 :confused:

Last edited:
Well done on breaking the evening snack barrier! :D

Not a great day yesterday and today's not looking great either. Stupid work. Went out for a drink at lunch, was supposed to get lunch on the way back to the office but spent so long queuing in the Post Office to post a parcel I didn't get time to get any lunch. Great. However, our office has free fruit for staff to eat so there was something available, even it was only a few grapes and a pear (vom!) So...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S)

Lunch:
Gin and tonic (3.5 syns), banana, lemon wedge (S...lol!), pear (S), grapes
Total: 3.5 syns

Dinner:
Cottage pie (mince, potatoes, cheese (HEA), carrots (S), onions (S), beef stock, cornflour (1 syn) ), peas, mushrooms (S), HiFi bar (HEB - dessert :) )
Total: 1 syn

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, camomile tea, chai tea, vodka and tonic (1.5 syns - gave most of it to Mum)

Total syns for the day: 6 :)

Last edited:
Yesterday wasn't so bad in the end. Saturday today so need to avoid the temptation of the kitchen cupboards!

Breakfast:
Apple (S), strawberry Muller Light

Lunch:
Rice, Stagg vegetable chilli, gherkins (S)

Dinner:
Pasta, SW burgers, tomato sauce (Fry Light, garlic, onions (S), tinned tomatoes (S), red pepper (S), chilli (S), herbs), cheese (HEA plus 2 syns), HiFi bar (HEB)

Snacks / drinks:
Sparkling water with squeezed lemon wedges (S), black coffee, Graze box (6.5 syns)

Total syns for the day: 8.5 :)

Last edited:
Had a good day yesterday, managed to stay out of the cupboards for the most part and the snacks I did have were between lunch and dinner and within my syns so happy about that! Today...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S), raspberry & cranberry Muller Light

Lunch:
Sausages (3 syns), eggs, mushrooms (S), tomato (S), baked beans, bread (half HEB), toast (half HEB), margarine (1 syn)

Dinner:
Last nights leftovers (pasta, SW burgers, tomato sauce (various S foods), cheese (HEA))

Snacks / drinks:
Water with squeezed lemon wedges (S), black coffee, gherkins (S), wine (3 syns), pop chips (0.5 syns)

Total syns for the day: 7.5 :)

Last edited:
Think I ate more than I usually would yesterday but still stayed within my syns and didn't snack after dinner so hopefully it'll be ok. So today...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S), mandarin Muller Light

Lunch:
Stagg chilli (2.5 syns), rice, cheese (HEA), gherkins (S), HiFi bar (half HEB)
Total: 2.5 syns

Dinner:
Home made vegetable soup (chicken stock, carrots (S), leeks (S), celery (S)), rice, almonds (half HEB)

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, wine (12 syns - oops!)

Total syns for the day: 14.5 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Fell off the wagon a bit for the past few days. Only lost 1lb last week, which was a little disappointing but I'm back on it now. No weigh-in tomorrow as I'm in a meeting so got just over a week to undo whatever I did this weekend.

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S), 0% fat natural yogurt, oats (HEB), mixed spice

Lunch:
Itsu Noodle Pot (1.5 syns), carrots (S), spring onions (S), peas
Total: 1.5 syns

Dinner:

Total:

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana,

Total syns for the day:

Last edited:
Right! After a 2 week falling-off-the-wagon break from SW I'm back on it and no worse for wear since I still managed to lose 1lb, putting me at my lowest weight so far (this time around!). So, here we go!

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S), raspberries (S)

Lunch:
Salad sandwich (2 slices bread (HEB), margarine (3 syns), tomato (S), cucumber (S), lettuce (S)

Dinner:
Baked potato, onions (S), baked beans, sausages (9 syns - stupid Porky Lights!), sauces (3 syns), cheese (HEA)
Total: 12 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, Fanta Zero

Total syns for the day: 15 :)

Last edited:
Well, yesterday went ok since I was able to restrict myself to 2 sausages rather than 3 for dinner so managed to stay within my syns for the day. Today should be ok too since I'll be late home so won't have much of a dinner later.

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Chicken and sweetcorn wrap (wrap (HEB), chicken, sweetcorn, light mayo (4 syns), lettuce (S)), mushrooms (S), edamame beans

Dinner:
Pasta, sausages (9 syns....grrr!), margarine (2 syns), cheese (HEA)
Total: 11 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana

Total syns for the day: 15 :confused:

Last edited:
Hmm yesterday wasn't brilliant because I had no speed foods with my dinner. It was 9pm when I got home and there were some leftover sausages so just threw them in some pasta, ate it and went to bed. Maybe today will be better.

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Chicken, sweetcorn, mayonnaise (2 syns), lettuce (S), cucumber (S), spring onions (S), celery (S), edamame beans

Dinner:

Total:

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana

Total syns for the day:

Back