H.A.L.T!!!

fabulous, printed of and on the kitchen wall where i can see it. i will also be chanting it when i am out . found this part of the site to night and have found it the most exciting yet, its like people are in my head lol :eek:

A good one to remember. Could do with one for drink too as I am having to teach myself that I don't 'deserve' a drink just because I have had a hard day

what a great mantra. I'm terrible for eating my feelings so will have to memorize this one.

Always argued that slimming is much more than loosing weight but a change of mentality - like this one, going to try it this week :) I find myself eating sometimes because I'm bored and alone (not always bad - love fresh fruit and muller lights) but evenings are a killer for me! Getting better every day though x

What a great mantra, Ive written it down and taken a photo of it and put oit on my phone as my wallpaper :D

That is so true. I am working hard to try and understand exactly why I overeat and why I choose the unhealthiest of foods when I do.

Brilliant, I also always overeat when alone/bored! Or rather, I always used to, those days need to be over as of NOW :)

This is great - I had been doing well this week, then I became stressed and couldn't leave the cupboards alone! Now I'm going to put this on said cupboards, thanks!

I like "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." because I plan my meals and exercise in advance.

If you do what you have always done you will get what you have always gotten. -this one is good as I'm currently changing my eating habits and improving my fitness, reminds me that change is good :)

I also read somewhere that genuine hunger will occur gradually over time whereas emotional hunger will occur *suddenly*. This is good as it allows me to tell the difference between the two.

Deffinately going to use HALTS - I eat when I'm happy, bored, sad!! All the time!!

Also the sudden hunger of an emotion is so true - doind JUDDD and having some fasting days has taught me its ok to feel hunger, I won't collapse or die. Before JUDDD I did SW and was grazing all the time. Even when I was sticking to plan 100% I was still eating all the time for the fear of being hungry!!

me too

LIKE.. Can you do that in a forum.. Emotional Eating can certainly cause some problems. A.L.T is definitely emotional

Excellent philosophy! Bad habits are given room to flourish when we have an inactive mind and start to look for an easy outlet to occupy ourselves. Positive habits take effort and diligence and they will quickly fill the place of negative habits when we decide to act.

Eliminate all temptations, find stimulation engage in positive action and bad habits will quickly fall by the wayside.

Back