Happybat says hello

happybat

I'm not sure if this forum does intro threads? I wanted to say hi anyway.

My name is Cat and I am starting what will be a long process - I anticipate it will take at least a year on total for me to let go the weight I need to lose (a bit over ten stone). I'm pretty new to LL but so far favourably impressed by the group and counselling element, which has already helped me to shift my thinking a little.

I'm just starting week four of LLT and did not, at the end of week three, achieve the weight loss I had been hoping for. It had been a really hard week (they are all hard weeks) and I really tried hard to make sure I was exercising (I started couch to five k and really kept up my kettle bell w/o). It's funny - I feel a bit guilty about caring so much about the weight loss - group is leading me towards thinking that attitudes to food and ways I abuse food are really more significant. But I do.

Anyway! Hello everyone, and I hope to get to know you all better.

happybat said:
I'm not sure if this forum does intro threads? I wanted to say hi anyway.

My name is Cat and I am starting what will be a long process - I anticipate it will take at least a year on total for me to let go the weight I need to lose (a bit over ten stone). I'm pretty new to LL but so far favourably impressed by the group and counselling element, which has already helped me to shift my thinking a little.

I'm just starting week four of LLT and did not, at the end of week three, achieve the weight loss I had been hoping for. It had been a really hard week (they are all hard weeks) and I really tried hard to make sure I was exercising (I started couch to five k and really kept up my kettle bell w/o). It's funny - I feel a bit guilty about caring so much about the weight loss - group is leading me towards thinking that attitudes to food and ways I abuse food are really more significant. But I do.

Anyway! Hello everyone, and I hope to get to know you all better.

Welcome happybat, it will be a journey of challenges and ups and down, but stick with it, you will be amazed at how quickly you will lose the weight. Clothes will be just hanging off you in no time, use lots of distractions like having a bath or getting your nails done.
Steady on with the amount if exercise you are doing while on total, it's not advised as you are having so few calories, although it's good to increase exercise gentle is better. Have a word with your councillor for guidance. When I was on total I started exercising and it slowed my weight-loss down, I thought it would speed it up and tone as well, but it didn't. I think it was about week 15 or so before I started again which was about right.
It's a long life long journey and everyday is a school day!
Good luck and keep string, you're worth it!!
Jx

Thanks so much for replying! You are completely right, both about the ups and downs, and especially about not over-exercising. I'm cutting back for the moment, and will take another pass at the running, I think, when I have lost a few more stone. Shame, though, the endorphin hit was wonderful....

I hope things are going well for you!

Hi happybat, I'm struggling a bit, trying to work through some ups and downs, felt really pround of myself tonight when I got petrol .... And didn't buy any xxxxx. Still not sure what makes my switch flip to, I don't care mode, it's not sensible and gets me when I'm at a low point. Had a couple of low days last week and ate at the weekend :( not good.
Have spoken to my councillor and agreed I will go back on total for a few weeks, feels like I'm a failure, but got to address it now.
Always told myself it was a once only thing, ll total, cw la vie I guess, cross that I wasted the money.... I'm still in a 12/14, but some are tight and need to lose about 20lbs, so this will give me a kick start.
Hope yr getting in well, and keep foccused
Jx

Hi there happybat and julz. Happybat - how are you getting on? I did LL a couple of years ago and lost almost six stone. It changed my life :)

Now after some ups and downs (your post rings so many bells with me, julz) I'm doing slim and save for as long as it takes to get back to goal. AND THEN I'M GOING TO LAY OFF THE CARBS! (stern note to self). I'm convinced I have addictive behaviour around carbs - sugar particularly. I "just have one" of whatever it is and then proceed to go completely mental and my cravings go through the roof. Ketosis is such a calm, centred joy, after months of faffing about.

Atkins and/or Paleo approaches worked well for me with maintenance by the way... it's only more recently where I've had a couple of this and a couple of that and before I knew where I was my trousers are too tight and I thought I should survey the damage. Eeek. At least facing up to it!

Hi spanglymum, I'm back properly, I'm really fed up with myself so going back on total, from today and can't wait for ketosis.
Ordered some slim n save last nite so looking forward to trying it. Seems to be popular and has some good flavours.
How you doing at the moment? I feel I need to restart my diary and get disciplined into posting regularly, it helped last time. I'm not sure how I feel, I have been thinking about doing total properly again for a while, start then just drop off the wagon, then go mad with carbs and rubbish. It's like a switch in my head and once it flicks I don't have any logical thoughts that work, and that makes me mad with myself.
Yesterday I went back to the gym for the first time since my holiday and it felt good, but did total all day, positive then 'remembered' I had some rubbish in the fridge that needed eating orbit would be a waste?
Anyway, it's all gone so today I feel more in control and will be on total, so know a headache is in its way but in 3 days I will be ok.
Take care everyone
Jx

How are you doing? I have had three weeks of insanity and need to get myself together. I could have written your post!! Help!

Back