Has anyone managed to lose weight from their calves?

LisaC

Gold Member
I've seen lots of posts before where people have said they have big calves & find it hard to buy knee high boots etc. I've had chunky calves since I was 12, I'm now 26 & becasue they're so bad I can't wear shorts, skirts or dresses that are on or above the knee. It's not that I "think" they look bad, my calves really are out of proportion & look horrible. If I wore a pretty knee length dress all people would notice was my calves. I know you can't spot reduce when you lose weight. I just wondered if anyone who has lost a lot has noticed their calves slim down along with the rest of them?

My friend has said my calves are solid but they're not, the backs of them are very flabby which would lead me to believe I could lose that fat in that area as I gradually lose the weight?

Yep - I could never get knee high boots to zip up - after 2 stone lost I could get them on at a squeeze and after 3 stone (Target) I could get them on and off without even unzipping them!

Yep - I could never get knee high boots to zip up - after 2 stone lost I could get them on at a squeeze and after 3 stone (Target) I could get them on and off without even unzipping them!

That's great thanks. I've seen a lovely dress that I'd love to buy to wear when I'm at target, but its on the knee & if I never slim my calves I'll never wear it, just don't want to waste my money.

Not me unfortunately! I'm really peeved about it tbh. I bought some wide calf wellies which I can just about squish on but they're not very comfy and most boots from regular shops are still a no-no. Would love to know how to lose a couple of inches off each one so I'll watch this thread with interest!

I lost it off mine, when i lost 3 stone before, i couldn't do up knee high boots, but then i went shopping and saw a pair i loved but just discarded them cos i thought they wouldn't fit but mum made me try them and they did up with ease, and they weren't wide or anthing. So yes, you can, but i've no idea how cos i didn't do any specific exercising for it, actually back then hardly exercised at all.

I've not had fat calves, but thought it might help to let you know I'm on day 15 on the shred and mine have gone down by 3/4 inch and they weren't 'big' to start off with. So may reduce yours even more.

I'm always looking up exercise to reduce the size of your calves but lots of the things recommend would actually build the muscle & bulk them up...that's the opposite of what I want! I love my 30 Day Shred so I'll carry on with that & hope they shrink!

Mine have reduced in size and toned up due to swimming and walking in the last six weeks. Good luck with the shred. I hope it helps.

Back