Healthy Weight for someone who is 5 ft

Thanks for all the replies and I think I will wait until I lose more weight to decide (still have a long way). That way I can see how I feel and look whilst being in a healthy BMI range.

I know lots of people have reponded already, but I use this one Fuel the Mind, because it bases it not only on height, but also on bone structure.

That is a very interesting link. It shows that I am a small frame and my ideal weight is between about 7.5 stone and 8.5 stone. My target of 8.5 stone fits in with this. It's interesting to see that for a large frame at my height the top weight is 10 stone. I'm just below that weight but still feel quite overweight. It just shows how important your frame size is.

I know lots of people have reponded already, but I use this one Fuel the Mind, because it bases it not only on height, but also on bone structure.
That's really useful- I never knew how to calculate what size frame you have. I'm 5ft 3", a curvy size 10 and weigh 138lbs (9 st 12lbs). I set my target at 9st 7lbs but I'm struggling to get any lower. Having done the frame calculation, I see I'm large and should be 131-147lbs, so maybe I'm where I should be.

Brilliant, thankyou - it shows me that I have a large frame so my weight should be between 128lb-143lb.
I feel great at this weight 133lb so will probably call this my goal.

I'm also 5 ft nothing, and I'm aiming for 9 stone and will see how I feel when I get there :)

So I'm not alone in the 5 ft nothing world :)

Cmeloseit: Surprised myself with the weight dropping, but I do have quite a bit to lose, so I suppose that's why. I do keep a food diary, but not online. Can send you a week's worth as I'm typing it up for my mom too this weekend.

I'm 5ft5 and I've set my target to 10 stone as it's right in the middle of a healthy BMI for my height :D At least I think it is.
I've never been that slim, so I may decide to stop before then, but I would really like to hit a healthy BMI because I have a heart condition.

ETA: According to that Fuel the Mind link I have a medium frame, so 10stone would be towards the top of a healthy BMI. But, that'll do:whistle:

Glad the link helps, general (including SW) BMI charts put me down to as low as 7 13, impossible, I tried, 8 6 was the lowest. Using that chart I'm a medium frame, so my target of 8 8 is spot on. My OH would be around 8 2 at the lowest, just not ever going to happen, a target of between 9 11 and 10 1 makes it much more acheivable with her larger frame.

Back