Here I am on my way

I lost 6lbs!!!! Had my second meeting with the consultant yesterday Really pleased

Well done that's superb :)

Current loss: 33lbs and 27.5inches

Hi to all,

I'm on day 5.

Feel ok, mind in the right place at the moment. So I'm confident and love reading the comments and posts to give me encouragement.

Is it normal to feel odd not having any 'physical' food?? what I mean is I have nothing to hold and eat. I'm finding that odd.

also, I'm finding out that I drank (red especially) out of habit, get in from work, open a bottle and always on a Sunday afternoon. Going to find this different but I do have bit to do around the house and do have a hobby, so Ive lined up some things to do when normally I would have feet up on sofa, watching some rubbish on telly, with bottle and maybe a bowl of olives by my side!

Dawn

Hi to all, I'm on day 5. Feel ok, mind in the right place at the moment. So I'm confident and love reading the comments and posts to give me encouragement. Is it normal to feel odd not having any 'physical' food?? what I mean is I have nothing to hold and eat. I'm finding that odd. also, I'm finding out that I drank (red especially) out of habit, get in from work, open a bottle and always on a Sunday afternoon. Going to find this different but I do have bit to do around the house and do have a hobby, so Ive lined up some things to do when normally I would have feet up on sofa, watching some rubbish on telly, with bottle and maybe a bowl of olives by my side! Dawn

10% of this diet is physical hunger, 90% mental. It's all habits and what you'd usually be doing. It's like quitting smoking and having nothing in your hand. But it frees up time to do loads of other things. And think of the calories and money your saving.

Rather than thinking what you would have been doing, start thinking about what you can do instead! Paint your nails, have a hot bath, read a book, do some card marking etc, anything other than eat

Thanks Lizz,

Yes that's what I've been trying to put together, lists of things to do or a stroll round the block things like that. Its a change of life really a? Not popping into asda or Tesco for a bottle of wine or some 'bits' saving me money so far.!

Dawn

Thanks Lizz, Yes that's what I've been trying to put together, lists of things to do or a stroll round the block things like that. Its a change of life really a? Not popping into asda or Tesco for a bottle of wine or some 'bits' saving me money so far.! Dawn

I fill backers up on my shopping apps and then delete them! It keeps me distracted lol xx

Hi all :wavey:

I have just started day 2 and am surviving ...... just! Keep trying to make myself busy so my thoughts don't stray to food. Yesterday was not so bad, tried the rice pudding for dinner - the taste was awful but consistency was great and seemed to fill me up - not sure if I would have another again. This is my 3rd attempt at CD, lasted a couple of months both time and did well but did not do maintenance and the weight crept back up. I even resorted to a gastric band but things did not work out for me so here I am again. I have a holiday coming up in 6 weeks so will be on plan until then, have 3 weeks off then will get back in until Xmas when I should be at my ideal weight.

Good luck all

Sharon xx

Hello Sharon,

You did it once so you can do it again!

This is my first attempt in this diet and first weigh in tom. so fingers crossed.
Finding it ok, although I have picked a rough week to start, lots of free food, drinks, sweets and treats at work. BUT I have been very good (never before) and I've had nothing!!

Do you mind me asking, why the gastric band didn't work for you? I thought it was a definite certainty it works? I don't know a lot about the to be honest just what I've seen on telly etc.

Well, Good Luck and we all start here I guess ;)

Hello Sharon,

You did it once so you can do it again!

This is my first attempt in this diet and first weigh in tom. so fingers crossed.
Finding it ok, although I have picked a rough week to start, lots of free food, drinks, sweets and treats at work. BUT I have been very good (never before) and I've had nothing!!

Do you mind me asking, why the gastric band didn't work for you? I thought it was a definite certainty it works? I don't know a lot about the to be honest just what I've seen on telly etc.

Well, Good Luck and we all start here I guess ;)

Hi there,

Good luck for your first week.

The band hasn't worked for me as it was nothing like I thought it would be. I thought you just ate smaller portions and felt full. How it works is that the band is fitted at the bottom of your oesphagus (sp?) and presses on the nerve endings. When you eat it touches the nerves then goes back up again about 7 times and so your brain thinks you have 7 mouthfuls and not 1. The problem is different foods act differently depending on the texture etc. You also have to have fills to try and get to your sweet spot where it is not too lose nor too tight. Foods like mashed potato and wetabix go straight through so are a no no, also liquid foods like soup. Bread get stuck and so does pasta sometimes and rice. You are only supposed to have a bite the size of a thumb nail which is near on impossible and meat and chicken no bigger than the size of a rubber on the end of a pencil. Where I went wrong is that I had too big a mouthful and didn't chew to the right consistency so then food would get stuck and I would have to make myself sick to get rid of it. Then because I was hungry I would eat food I knew would go through ok like crisps, biscuits, chocolate, wine etc. Bananas and oranges are awful for banners too due to the texture of a banana and the skin on the segments of the orange. I am just not disciplined enough for the bite sizes and food choices. Saying that though, I know someone who did really well and it was the best thing she ever did!

WOW....didnt know any of that. I also thought the band was round the top bit of stomach, then you couldnt eat as much. Bugger that! LOL

:eek:

Back