Here i go again! Will i do it this time?

Rhibennett said:
Thanks Jue. That's very kind of you. I'll hold you to that lol.

Thanks Missfortissmo. I do feel proud of myself for doing 40 mins. Yay me :)
Thanks also for the tip about eating before bed. I'll try to make sure I do that unless I'm exercising etc. That's really handy to know. X

Ur more than welcome am here any time day or night x

I'm sure I will be spending a lot of time on here too rather than going for the bad food so if I can be of any help to you or just fancy a natter give me a shout x

Well it's the first morning of me properly trying and really going for it. I've decided to veer slightly off the ww plan and combine the ww plan with the optislim plan (similar to slimfast) so i will have a shake for breakfast and lunch and then a normal healthy dinner. I think i need to try and curb my food addiction so hopefully the shakes will help that a little. I've had the first shake this morning and so far so good. Fingers crossed it continues like this. I really need to stay motivated and focused. x

Good morning :)

How are you this bright, sunny morning? All good i hope!

here's to an official 1st day, we are all behind you!!! :) :) :) :)

Have a good one and if the dreaded hunger pangs kick in, keep busy, clear out cupboards, phone a friend :), DIY, a bubble bath, a manicure, read a slimmingmagazine, go for a walk, get online and chat to us!!!! etc etc

Well done on the gym workouts, hats off to you, so impressive that you did it and coped with M.E. too!

Loving the determined attitude, keep it up! :D

Morning RR,

I am very well this morning thanks. How are you?

I have to admit i am feeling hungry but luckily i am at work with no snacking food around so i'm safe lol. I've been on here whilst at work (i know naughty me lol) but i am finding that being around others wanting to loose weight motivates me and stops me wanting to walk to the shop or eat rubbish.

I am feeling very determined today and actually starting to enjoy the exercise. It does have an affect on my tiredness levels but i badly want to loose weight so i am trying to focus on that rather than the ME at the moment as hopefully long term it might help my ME. Not sure if that's a good way to look at it or not but i am going to give it a try as nothing else has worked so far.

How are you doing today? xxx

good thanks! :)

sun is shining again, i'm just off my exercise bike and planning my day with my wee boy! I hope your eating plans works for you and you get results very soon. I know some people on here are very successful with the food replacement shakes and when you are eating, try to fill your plate with lots of veg, and snack on some fruit, or raisins.
My downfall in the past, was anything savoury, i haven't got a sweet tooth, but crikey, i sure had a savoury one!!!! :) I snacked on crisps, nuts..and too many takeaways ;).....what is (was) your guilty pleasure????

I try to pile my meals up with loads of free veg as it does def help with the hunger pangs.

I have a really sweet tooth so my guilty pleasures are def chocolate, cakes, puddings and i also love cheese which is a big no no. Also when i am struggling with my ME i do opt for the takeaways quite easily which isn't good. I need to find a way to cope so i don't give into these things. How do you manage to stay away from them? x

I try to pile my meals up with loads of free veg as it does def help with the hunger pangs.

I have a really sweet tooth so my guilty pleasures are def chocolate, cakes, puddings and i also love cheese which is a big no no. Also when i am struggling with my ME i do opt for the takeaways quite easily which isn't good. I need to find a way to cope so i don't give into these things. How do you manage to stay away from them? x

I think i have 'taught' myself to avoid them or chose a healthier option :) In my case, it has been mind over matter, i keep thinking of me getting bigger by the day by continuing to eat them, or be stricter and say NO!
sugar free jelly, sucking frozen grapes, Pink 'n' Whites (fat free marshmallowy biscuits) a fresh fruit salad, fat free ice lollies, frozen juice drinks etc etc may keep the sweet cravings at bay.
Your body eventually adjusts to a new habit, i used to eat ryvita minis as a substitute for crisps, but now i don't need them at all..i've weaned myself off crisps after eating them for over 40 years!!!! ;)

Everything in moderation is the trick, so you don't have to deny yourself fav treats completely if you don't want to, or are struggling, a wee packet of maltesers or a milky way won't do much harm now and again. I also love cheese, but now i only eat fat free cheese and laughing cow light cheese spread.

As you lose weight, reward yourself with non food treats, a new hairdo, new shoes, manicure, a new handbag, some jewellery.

I go to the hairdressers every 4- weeks for my colour and trim. I hate looking at myself in the mirror and tend to look away, but recently i can see a reduction in the 'chins' and i can almost see my cheekbones again! So it is a double treat for me.
My takeaway 'money' is going towards the house and garden. I'm going to buy some fence panels at the weekend, and after that, i'm painting the lounge, bathroom and stairway! Avoiding the takeaways is hard, but now if the family are having one, i sit in another room with my healthy meal, or go and read a magazine. To be honest, they don't have them nearly as often now, hardly ever in fact, so its not a problem....AND i can now walk past the chip shop and smell the fat, rather than having the urge to join the queue!
We can ALL achieve what we want in life, if we really want to..its taken me forever to realise that...i made excuse after excuse to come off diets, and ended up over 21 stone..so if i'm not going to do change my ways, no-one is going to do it for me! :)

Good luck, keep on track, keep focused and keep going! :D

Thanks for giving me some great tips for curbing the sweet cravings and rewarding myself. I will def give those a try. Maybe the rewards will spur me on to keeping on track. I fear that the saying No to bad things is going to be the hardest habit to break but i am determined to try. I also need to try and change my mentality that if i do slip up one day, its not the end of the world provided i get back on track as i often beat myself up and then get into a whole vicious comfort eating cycle. I CAN and WILL do this. xxx

YES YOU WILL :)

you are right, its all to do with bad habit breaking and good habits forming, its not easy, especially in the early days, but believe me, it does become habit, weight loss spurns you on and before you know it, a new way of life and lifestyle has emerged! :)

You seem the perfect inspiration for me RR so thanks very much. Right i am off for my lunch break at work (yes strangely i have been finding time to work in between posting lol). Chat in a while. x

You seem the perfect inspiration for me RR so thanks very much. Right i am off for my lunch break at work (yes strangely i have been finding time to work in between posting lol). Chat in a while. x
So totally agree with you Rhi, Rose should open her own slimming club.
Rose you really are an inspiration and you probably dont appreciate yourself enough :flowers:

awww thankyou so much ladies :D (blush!) Lovely comments, you've made my day :)

...supporting and advising lovely people like you, actually helps me too!

step inside my slimming club, "Weigh To Go" hee hee..all welcome!

Lunch-time...hooray!!!! :D

Ha Ha yes i agree with Misspiggy. You should have your own slimming club as you are so good at motivating and supporting others. Love the name weigh to go. LMAO. Very good.

I understand how you find helping others helps you. I find that with my depression. I like to help others and it makes me feel useful so i end up feeling better about myself too.

How are you doing today MissPiggy?

I have just had my optislim for lunch and an apple so doing well so far. x

I'm feeling bad. I've not got the energy to do the Zumba fitness thanks to this horrid illness. Maybe the exercise plan is a bit much to start with and I should build up to this. What do other people think? I was feeling so determined earlier but feel awful that I'm breaking my plan already. Been good food wise today though. X

That's true. I'd not thought of injuring myself. Maybe I'm beating myself up too much. I've exercised for the last 4 nights running so maybe I deserve one night off. Thanks x

Thanks Lady. X

Definitely build up to it! I might start with 20 minutes of something light every day or even just every other day. Besides, you don't want to injure yourself!
I agree with missf, and doin too much right away might be really difficult to maintain, wait till you feel completely recovered, you are doin great with your food intake so dont be so hard on yourself. x

Back