Here we go again!!!

Yes I started on the exante today. Wierd that the packs taste so different to LL ones.

Going OK so far - had a shake for breakfast, a bar spread over several hours through the day (could never have done that with a LL rasp and cranberry bar lol), half a rather yummy thai soup for tea and will have the remainder shortly. Lots of water and way too much black coffee, but survived OK and quite pleased with myself.

The exante is new flavours and quite different to LL so I feel reinvigorated somehow. Got a busy few days ahead, but not food events so I hope to be in ketosis by the start of next week.

Looking forward to trying all the new flavours. I actually don't want to like them too much as I want to see the packs as fuel not food. I'm rereading my Foundation book and also reading a book called the Sugar addicts diet - which I may try to follow for long term maintenance. Got to think myself out of the sugar binges as depression was definitely settling in.

Good to hear you are doing well. xx

glad your first dayhas gone well

i found the exante packs very creamy compared to LL and quite bland but because they are bigger they can easily be split into several smaller meals which can help!

good luck for tomorrow with it
x

Hi Daisy and TI

I'm in exactly the same position as you guys - been exercising more than I ever have in my life - and loving every minute of it, it's actually been a struggle to have one day a week without exercise. However, even with all that exercise I put 15lbs on since last August. My portion control is definitely an issue, as is my newly acquired (through LLife and giving up smoking) sweet tooth.

9 days ago I started the Dukan diet (thanks to another thread on here from Daisy!) and in the first week lost 5lbs! I am actually finding it really easy, and if anything am struggling to eat enough as I'm so full! However, it is having an effect on my exercise - I am exercising as often, but not for as long or as strenuously.

Anyway, wishing you both lots of luck getting back to where you want to be - I'm with you all the way! :) xx

hi there!
- you will have to let me know how you get on with the dukan diet - it was the calculator thingy on that which really made me think i might be striving for the impossible. It reckons i should be 9.7 i think it was, which is much more sensible than the 7.8 or whatever my bmi suggests!
i'm glad its working for you

daisy x

HI there! I ordered the Dukan diet book on Monday! Like Daisy I found the recommended weight was a lot above my original goal that I got to on LL. It'll be really interesting to see how you go on it. I'm thinking it may be useful for maintenance ideas.

I also ordered the sugar addicts diet book. I am definitely one of these and since LL I have had massive sugar binges like I NEVER did before LL. Really really need to address this if I am going to manage life at a healthy weight.

Day 3 of Exante today and going fine. I unexpectedly like the toffee, fruit and nut bar a lot more than the chocolate and orange one. I even like the mushroom soup :). I agree the flavours are a bit bland, but that's fine. So long as I like enough of the packs to make the value box worthwhile ;). Some of the LL bars made me physically gag.

I did pinch a chip from the kids last night, but one was enough. I also had a few sugar free chewing gum pieces in the car (7 hours driving on my own yesterday). I don't see this as failure. I thought about what I was doing and feel comfortable. I need to be a bit less rigid and stop the all or nothing thinking which leads to guilt and more eating. I acknowledge the thoughts and control the actions. No guilt.

I will weigh myself tomorrow morning as though I had a pop-in. Hopefully the glycogen will be fast disappearing. Not felt hungry or had any headaches or other side effects so far. Got a weekend of exercise with the kids ahead.

Daisy - how are you going?

hi
am still doing ok. on a day 4 ( although this is really day 5)
ive just had a meal as i realised i need 2 2day - not sure if I will be hungry later tho ..so it might end up as another day 3

i did have a tiny piece of cake at work today, which was lovely. I know I shouldn't really have done, but it was a little slice, and it was plenty. As I'm not in ketosis it hasn't 'spoilt' anything and I'm just off for an hours walk/jog so I will easily get rid of the extra calories

I'm going to make sure that i exercise off all treats in the future. I still want to have the occasional cake, biscuit whatever, but I do need to be really strict about paying it off against excercise.

hopefully I will eventually come to the conclusion that that extra biscuit really isn't worth having to do exercise for and I will stop picking - thats my plan anyway!

I was 2.5 lbs down on my scales this morning (in 4 days) which I'm happy with as it's not really too difficult as fruit and yoghurts are allowed which keep me happy!

glad exante is going well

daisy x

Hi TI - So it's not just me with the sugar binges since LL then! I didn't TOUCH sweet things before LL, now I am constantly craving chocolate and cake! And conversely, never touch the crisps, sausage rolls and cheese etc that got me needing LL in the first place. Guess it's all those shakes - I remember thinking they were hideously sweet when I first went on to abstinence, by the end I thought they were delicious!

Let me know what you think of the book - in my opinion it's very easy to read, a little bit patronising in parts, doesn't always seem to translate quite well, but overall very easy to dip in and out of. Still going strong on it, and think I'm about 6 or 7lbs down now, after 10 days - so pretty good.

Daisy - well done on your 2.5lbs, and I think you are absolutely right - we need our treats, we just need to be very careful how we balance them. My treats were far too big - if I'd have exercised for 7 hours a day solid I don't think I'd have worked them off :eek:

I have just signed up for a few personal training sessions at my gym - I am doing a 400k bike ride next year, so need a LOT of training, and as part of that I am going to have some diet and nutrition classes (I haven't told them I'm currently doing Dukan!!) so we'll see how that goes too.

Anyway, carry on the good work both - it's going to be a stunning weekend, so at least we'll be gettting plenty of exercise if we're out and about! x

its me too with the sweet stuff!!!

before LL it was cheese, crisps, pasta - now its cakes and biscuits

how strange!!!

great you are doing so well on dukan - i may well look into it further when I have lost a few more pounds!

daisy x

I think it's the downfall for most of us to be honest, the sugary stuff. We notice the effects a lot more because we actually deprived our bodies of it for so long - so in essence when we do have sugar now it's AMPLIFIED against the backdrop of having had eliminated it completely from the body.
I know from myself I went on a massive sugar binge for the last three months, having god knows how many chocolate bars in one day for weeks. But, it does end actually. Sugar, some say - is a poison. After so long I've built up a small immunity to it again so I don't crave it as much (plus I'm actively avoiding 'mainsteam' sweets like chocolate). I still have the occasional craving for biscuits and cake, but I find that I can stop myself and not HAVE to finish the WHOLE lot... There's a sense of calmness now.
So have faith, and forgive yourself. Beating yourself up about it all only makes the whole thing worse.

And - stay on the sugar-free gum/sweets! It really helps. Coming off sugar will make you eat everything in sight, but a pack of sugar-free Worther's isn't the same as 10 chocolate bars. Plus you're not feeding the 'Sugar-Addiction'. Feed the Sweet-Tooth. As much as it wants of the sugar-free gum (I love the fruity flavours!) and slowly, it will be less desperate. You will feel better.

All of you are doing fantastically well. And never worry, there's always someone out there exactly in the same boat!

x

How's everyone doing? I have had a biggish blip last night, but getting back to it today. Sclaes show an 11lb loss in 4 days, but I expect that might change after last night. Baked a banana loaf in the evening to use some overripe bananas the kids won't eat. THey like banana loaf tho. I was fine with it all and it was cooling in the kitchen while I took a sit down to watch Casualty. Well, my mum called just at that point - she always picks the wrong moment and from the past I know she is a trigger for me. Following the inevitable fraught telephone conversation I headed straight for the kitchen and tucked in. Ate the lot! Then went looking for chocolate my OH has stashed. Felt terrible last night, but sclaes heartenend me this morning and I know why I'm back on packs.

Hope you all doing OK. I'm off out to exercise with the kids. xx

t_i hope you are back on track now.

i lost 4lb last week which i was pleased with.

on saturday and sunday i relaxed a bit, had a beer and an indian takeaway at my nieces birthday - had a starter instead of a main, chick pea bhaji (curry like) no rice or naan plus i had been for a 1.5 hr bike ride so i think that was OK.

sunday I did a 1.5 hour walk and had a piece of carrot cake - so again, paid back my calories.

today i have stuck to a day 5 of the refocus and i think its gone well. The scales were the same as on saturday so i suppose the glycogen will be upping and downing as it does.

I haven't done any excercise today, but noteaten anything which needed excercising off. I will go to triple class tomorrow

hope everyone else is doing OK
Daisy x

Not wanting to be left out, I too had a bit of a blip at the weekend!!! Nothing totally horrific, but just bits and pieces - a few chips here, a bit of bread there, and a (fair) few vodka tonics ;)

Not sure what it will have done to the scales, but off to LL tonight for weigh in, so will see there. Have kept the exercise up so hopefully it's not too awful.

Have you got the Dukan book yet TI? Let me know what you think when you do.

Have a good week everyone :) xx

Well done LL. Got the Dukan book but not looked at it yet - working through the Sugar Addicts diet one at the moment.

It's been a week of two halves for me - good for 4 days, less than good for three days. I weighed this morning and am 4lb down on last week. Should have been a lot more, but that'll do as it's in the right direction. Working on a better result from a continuous focus this coming week. xx

well done guys.

on my scales i was 9.11 this morning, so moving the right way still!

keep it up girls!

Daisy x

Great stuff Daisy. Just shows there is room in our lives for some relaxation, just not too much :).

hi there
scales this morning say 10.3 oh dear me. 6lbs on in a week.
flippin eck.
the weekend which was fab has had an awful toll on my eating. I ate sweet stuff to keep me awake for 36 hours - and have been craving carbs ever since.

i have just been shopping for 5 hours and found nothing i liked.
how different from this time last year.

i have had to shop as none of my summer clothes fit. this time last year i was buying 6 and 8s.

This morning it was mostly 12s with the odd 10 here and there.

Its been a bit of a shock - good i suppose, as i need a kick up the bum before it slips too far.

i'm off to somerset tomorrow for the weekend, which won't be easy and then the following weekend i'm on a girly weekend away, so really going to struggle.

i feel a bit down, but am going to sit down and work out my excercise and healthy eating plan

daisy x

HI ladies - good to see you all still here and posting, just popped in to say hello really so

Hello :)

hey sean!
hows things going with you?
nice to hear from you
daisy x

Back