Homemade burger disasters - help!

I whizz a few pieces of lean bacon and onion in the food processor. Then I add mixed herbs, an egg and breadcrumbs made from two slices of bread (HexB), along with the extra lean mince into the food processor and mix it all together. Shape the burgers, leave them in the fridge to chill for at least half an hour, fry in fry-light.

Last edited:
bind with egg, mix with onions and chillis

Looks like they were a sucess then :D

I do mine very much the same as everyone else - I never use an egg to bind them anymore, always come out alright though.

i add some bovril onion peppers garlic what ever herb or spice that comes to hand and put laughing cow light in the middle :)

Im defo putting cheese in the middle next time!

I made burgers at the weekend and usually I use an egg to bind them but this time I tried some of the Nando BBQ marinade that Allie said about - it's not many syns and made the burgers stick together really well. I always chill them in the fridge for a while before I cook them too. Not sure if this makes a difference.

I use onion, garlic, cumin and lots of black pepper in mine. They're also nice if you chop up some sun dried tomatoes and add them to the mix but I haven't done this while on SW so not sure how many syns are in sun dried toms.

Mmmm cheese in the middle sounds yum.

Are they the ones from a jar in oil? Gonna be some synnage there cos of the oil but you could swap for roasted peppers from a jar they were in mine tonight and were delicious , they are in brine so FREE!!!

I made some today for our BBQ, I put a laughing cow extra light triangle in the middle (I find the normal reduced fat cheese doesn't seem to melt very well) and put a few pieces of sliced cherry tomatoes on top of the cheese. Then in the mince I put challots, onions (red), garlic and herb shaker, and burrito seasoning.

They were really good!

I add a tablespoon of Heinz BBQ sauce to bind the mince (1 syn). I add lots of red onion and salt and pepper too!

I usually add finely chopped onions, herbs (oregano/parsely) or spices piri piri for spicy burgers. or garlic! I usually beat in one egg and mush together with hands. I half cook them in a pan with Fry lite and then grill until cooked right through. absolutly gorgeous with SW chips!

I whiz mine in food processor too, with the onion and herbs or spices and worcester sauce or soy sauce.

You could also crumble an oxo cube into the mix to give a meatier taste.

If I'm making beef I use chopped onion, chopped garlic, chilli powder and mixed herbs and I bind it with egg. I also wrap them in lean back bacon if I don't think it's been bound very well.

For my turkey burgers, I make them thai flavour, so I put chopped red onion, sliced chillies (or chilli powder), grated ginger or (or ground ginger), fresh corriander (or ground corriander) and lime juice and zest.

I mix roasted and chopped red pepper, onion and herbs with mine but the secret for me for a really good flavour is to mix a stock cube with a beaten egg, beat until the stock cube has disolved and mix this with your meat mixture. I f I still have cheese from my cheese allowance, I make an indentation in the shaped burger and fold the meat around the cheese. The cheese melts as the meat cooks.....delicious.

I then line shallow yorkshire pudding tins with baking paper, fill the tins with the mixture, press the mixture down so you have a firm burger shape, spray the top with fry light and bake in a hot oven until they start to crisp on top.

This never fails. It might seem a load of messing, it isn't and is so worth doing. I did it last night with chicken and ham mixed with the red pepper etc.

This is the tin I use...

I always use cumin to flavour mine - I think it gives a lovely flavour to mince beef. I tend to use a tiny bit of beaten egg to bind, and shape them using a burger press which works fantastically. I then chill for an hour or so before cooking.

xxmooxx - loving the turkey thai burger idea, am definately pinching that!!

I add grated apple to my burgers: use turkey mince or pork mince or beef mince. Keeps them moist. Same recipe also works for meatballs. Which I open freeze and can use as an effortless dinner!

My favourite is
extra lean mince
1 tblsp mustard powder
1- 2 tblsp worcestershire sauce
2 tblsp bbq seasoning
half garlic clove
finely chopped spring onions
egg to bind
salt, pepper
sometimes i add a bit less worcestershire, maybe add oregano (fresh or dried). Once you figure out a 'plain' base you like you can pretty much bung any seasoning in to see what takes your fancy....

mmmm

i use extra lean mince put in blender with an onion, lazy garlic, tom puree, wostershire sauce, mustard powder, black pepper, oregano

don't use an egg as it is blended together! however was watching the heston blumenthal burger and fancy a mincer now!

If only i had the room to house everything!

Back