how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Good luck Broadsbean!

The answer is a pound at a time, and give yourself the time to lose the weight - I'm sure it didn't arrive overnight, and despite all of our wanting it to, it won't go overnight either!

There was a link on the off topic section last week, but I think that many of the real life people you meet here like Lily42 are as inspiring if not more so.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-off-topic/227571-wow-sw-member-news.html

Hi Mandy

You can do this sweetie we are all here to help and support you. You are doing brilliantly sweetie.
Panic attacks are horrid.

Have you read 'feel the fear and do it anyway' by Susan Jeffers? If not its well worth the read :) I am currently rereading it as have fears of so many things and I real feel it helps.

Another thing that helps me is 'revival remedy' from crystal herbs> I buy the spray one and keep it in my handbag. Prefer it to rescue remedy. Might be mind over matter who knows, but it works for me :)

xxxxx

evening all,and once again thanks for the support.Missy i am indeed doing EE. The peas and sweetcorn were just a stop gap until i could shop, figured they were better than nothing. I Rather like EE cos i really couldn't be bothered with red and green and remembering which day i was on :rolleyes:
Meal plannig is easy at the Mo cos i am off work :eek:
won't look half as good when i go back lol. I actually like to cook sometimes it is just to much effort after work I also work shifts with irregular break times which take really careful planning !
But i will worry about that when the time comes. I am a little house bound at the mo and cooking fills my time.
Lily i read your diary last night and as i said on it, i was inspired thankyou x (especially for the recipies i have borrowed:D
todays menu

Brunch x2 syn free sausages, x2 thick cut extra lean bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes a dry "fried" egg
and beans.

dinner lean roast beef, sw roast pots and parsnip, cabbage carrots and baby sweetcorn 2 very small yorkshire puddings (4 syns) with lilys syn free gravy :D
low syn Eton mess , fresh strawberries and rasberries, meringue nest (2.5 syns) mixed with a vanilla and choc sprinkles yog.

S two Alpen light bars HEXb 2 mini baby bel HEXa.

hubby has cooked a lot today as finally realised i wasn't myself:rolleyes::sigh::rolleyes: Don't you just love men !!!
Have dug the WII out tonight and i am about to embark on a bowling challenge with the teen Exercise of a sort cos i really get into it, may have a game of tennis aswell.
Hope every body has had a lovely sunday x

Mandy x

evening all,and once again thanks for the support.Missy i am indeed doing EE. The peas and sweetcorn were just a stop gap until i could shop, figured they were better than nothing. I Rather like EE cos i really couldn't be bothered with red and green and remembering which day i was on :rolleyes:
Meal plannig is easy at the Mo cos i am off work :eek:
won't look half as good when i go back lol. I actually like to cook sometimes it is just to much effort after work I also work shifts with irregular break times which take really careful planning !
But i will worry about that when the time comes. I am a little house bound at the mo and cooking fills my time.
Lily i read your diary last night and as i said on it, i was inspired thankyou x (especially for the recipies i have borrowed:D
todays menu

Brunch x2 syn free sausages, x2 thick cut extra lean bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes a dry "fried" egg
and beans.

dinner lean roast beef, sw roast pots and parsnip, cabbage carrots and baby sweetcorn 2 very small yorkshire puddings (4 syns) with lilys syn free gravy :D
low syn Eton mess , fresh strawberries and rasberries, meringue nest (2.5 syns) mixed with a vanilla and choc sprinkles yog.

S two Alpen light bars HEXb 2 mini baby bel HEXa.

hubby has cooked a lot today as finally realised i wasn't myself:rolleyes::sigh::rolleyes: Don't you just love men !!!
Have dug the WII out tonight and i am about to embark on a bowling challenge with the teen Exercise of a sort cos i really get into it, may have a game of tennis aswell.
Hope every body has had a lovely sunday x

Mandy x

Hi Mandy,
I too like the EE plan, it works for me so as I said, if it ain't broke then don't fix it lol
your menu looks great, as for borrowing recipes from me, I mostly borrowed them from someone else, love this site we all get to pay it forward!
My hubby cooks most of the time and he's a dab hand at it too with me barking orders from the sidelines lol...seriously though and I would deny it if repeated, he is a better cook than me and I think I am pretty good myself (oops swollen head just whacked the door jamb lol). Hun men never notice anything, you have to spell it out for them and if they do then hang on to them cos they are rare lol.
Glad you popped over for a peak, I keep being told I am inspiring, I thank you, am seriously surprised by it, but aware that I have at last got my head round this losing weight lark and more importantly got my head in a good enough place to follow it ..at last and if i can do something that inspires people I am only to happy to do it !
Good for you going on the wii, it's so much fun, you barely even notice that it's actually exercise ...I love it ..speak soon have a great evening xx

Hello broadsbean, well done on a fab start. I too have a very long way to go - just remember one day at a time, babysteps baby steps and we'll all get there (feels like it might take an absolute age, but hey just enjoy the scenery along the way!)
I don't get to pop on as often as I'd like at the mo but I'll keep in touch as best I can, take care xxx

Ok reasonable day, haven't been out so feeling good:D. Cooked a very big pot of speed soup this morning and i do mean big:eek:. Was a bit nervous about it as i don't really like beans but decided to give it a go. It is surprisingly nice. had a big bowl for lunch as did hubby. I think tomorrow i will have it as a base for a pasta bake, think it would be really nice with bacon added.
Had my first attack of the munchies today, possibly boredom but managed to satisfy it with some lean boiled ham.
I think i am stressing a bit cos it is my daughters 21st birthday at the weekend and we have a party planned and at the mo i really don't want to go!!!
:mad:
any how todays diary

B 3 slices of ww brown danish (hexB) with dairylea light cheese triangles x3 (hexA) banana

L bowl of speedy soup with 3 crackerbread (3 syns)
melon mango and kiwi salad

T lean pork loin chop with noodles and a HUGE portion of mangetout.

S lean slices of roast ham , strawberries and the left over melon.

have also had 2 1/2 litres of water !!!!:D
i can actually go all day with out drinking, so this is a massive amount of fluid i have been up those stairs so many times !!!!!

Well done, you are doing so so well!

I understand the panics, the not wanting to go out, but it *will* get better, I've been there,I am there still in many ways, but that's a more complicated story I won't bore you with.

I think you are so brave 'going it alone' - remember though you aren't *actually* alone, there are people here to listen & help.

I'm the same this week with shopping, I don't get paid over summer which makes money v tight but am trying to get recipes with stuff I have in :/

When's wi? *anticipates happy post*

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ok, weigh in is today, weighed at 1/2 9 with hubby, (cos he has joined me )
i appear to have lost 15 lb not sure i believe this :eek: but hubby has lost 7 so maybe.
to be fair a lot of that will be water loss cos i no longer have puffy feet !

15 lb

wow, certainly spur me on for next week :D:D:D:D:D
thanks guys your support and advice has been fab xx

mandy x

ok, weigh in is today, weighed at 1/2 9 with hubby, (cos he has joined me )
i appear to have lost 15 lb not sure i believe this :eek: but hubby has lost 7 so maybe.
to be fair a lot of that will be water loss cos i no longer have puffy feet !

15 lb

wow, certainly spur me on for next week :D:D:D:D:D
thanks guys your support and advice has been fab xx

mandy x

:wow: WHAT???:eek: that's absolutely amazing, wtg both you and hubby, keep up the great work...most I have EVER lost in 1 week was 10lbs ...amazing what we can do when we try and you must have been so good this week...keep it up babe and let me know what you did cos I am sticking like mad right now (2st lost since feb I need to lose more quicker lol got a wedding to go to!!) and could do with some new ideas ...AMAZING!! REMEMBER THAT! xxx

WOW!! that is fantastic, you must be so proud of yourself!! Your hubby has done fantastic too, im amazed for you :)

I only wish i had some of your self dicipline....i gained a lb this week...i think it was that huge bar of dairy milk and the 2 whole tubes of prongles that helped tho lol....ahh well maybe this week lol

I definitely need to move in with you! It's my first week & I've only lost 1lb..better than a gain though I guess! xx

thank you everybody, as i said i think it is mainly water but i am still happy with it :D
If nothing else it has spurred me on for this week.
hubby is chuffed to he has left all meal planning up to me and keeps making me laugh by saying can i have.........:rolleyes:
Ithink the world has gone mad today and have had the news on most of the day, I hope you are all safe and not caught up in the riot. I made my 17 yr old come home by 5 today as there are facebook rumours of trouble, i doubt it will amount to anything but you can never be too sure can you. The teen just thinks i am mad but he is home where i can see him.;)

Ihave used more sins today than normal as a treat but have stayed with in my limit, have had 3 jaffa cakes and not felt the urge to finish of the packet.

meals today:

B x6 cracker bread with ham and a dairylea light triangle (2.5 syns)

L boiled egg, peashoots, toms,cucumber,spring onions. Grapes

T pasta and bacon bake (speedsoup as sauce) cheese topped using
42g of low fat chedder per person, leafy salad.

S x3 jaffa cakes (7.5 syns)

only managed i lt of water today so will be busily drinking this evening !!
the speed soup made a lovely sauce for the pasta bake, the teen was very put out when he realised he had had it !!!:D

meal planning now for tomorrow, what to do with the chicken breast i have taken out so off to the recipie page x

mandy x

Congratulations on such a fantastic loss. I think we'll all be moving in.

Got my bags packed...ummm address please...pretty please :) :p

think i got out of bed on the wrong side this morning !! hubby has gone to work teen out with his gf, feeling a bit down, now this is my prob, i eat when i am down or bored or stressed. Today i have all 3 !! Need to go out to sort out daughters cake for sat and it has to be me no excuses ! already had a panic attack resulting in tingling to my lips, really need to get a grip of myself. I am writing it down inorder to try and straighten out my thoughts. Think i am going to go do some house work in order to distract myself x

Back