How to control eating on UD

But what if it keeps happening after doing JUDDD for many months? Unless I do some sort of Dukan style diet with JUDDD I cannot seem to control my binges when I try to start eating normally on UD's. In fact I have had one of those bad days today. :(

But what if it keeps happening after doing JUDDD for many months? Unless I do some sort of Dukan style diet with JUDDD I cannot seem to control my binges when I try to start eating normally on UD's. In fact I have had one of those bad days today. :(

Don't eat normally then - eat restricted instead. Some ppl struggle without rules, so invent your own rules for your up days. Or you could try calorie counting?

I think you are right DopeyAngel. I cannot seem to eat like a normal person and must restrict myself particularly with carbs. I feel like a very weak addict!:(

I think you are right DopeyAngel. I cannot seem to eat like a normal person and must restrict myself particularly with carbs. I feel like a very weak addict!:(

I was experiencing the same until a couple of weeks ago. I have made some rules for up days which seem to be working for me: must have 3 meals, must have my 5-a-day, no chocolate/crisps/sweets (junk), must have a 'pudding' (something fruit/yoghurt based) after tea. By the time I have followed these rules I am too full for a binge! I am also calorie counting but something clicked the other day where I tried to make it so I was 'full' on my up days (rather than seeing them as an opportunity for treats) and somehow it has worked and I have broken the binge cycle. It is really hard work but also really worth it. I have one up day at the weekend and allow treats on that day, so it prevents diet-fatigue. Not sure if this will be helpful for you but thought it may be useful from one fellow binge-eater to another :D

Yes, it is very helpful and it is very good advice. Well done that you have been doing this successfully. I have decided to do two DD's starting tomorrow and do as you suggested. I like the idea of one day a week of being allowed to have some bad food. Perhaps this will keep me in check. Thank you. Fingers crossed.

I think you should do some research as IF has been known to be detrimental to those who are inclined to binge eat, in fact i think i remember reading it was not recommended for some.

I think you should do some research as IF has been known to be detrimental to those who are inclined to binge eat, in fact i think i remember reading it was not recommended for some.

I agree - I calorie count to keep an eye on my UD but I don't have a tendency to binge - I know someone who does and I don't think the diet would have suited them. However they joined Over Eaters Anonymous OA and have recovered but avoid trigger foods completely. Good luck!

Back