How to Slim Fast

Why can't slim fast be used as soul source nutrition? Surely it's more or less the same as following Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet, etc.

Right now, I am unable to work but am desperate to try a VLCD. Trouble is, I cannot afford the cost of the above mentioned diets? At least Slim-Fast works out cheaper if you just have 3 shakes a day?

Hope you can advice...

Linds

Hi

No it's not the same as LL; it's nutritional make up is different and is not intended to be a TFR. You have an extra 900 calories a day on slimfast between dinner and snacks so the cals from slimfast are actually only about 50% of the total cals for the day.

LL have actually just brought out a LL Light plan which is similar to SF (allows a meal and snacks) showing again how different the two plan types are.

Do not risk your health; SF is SF, LL is a Total Food Replacement - they are not interchangeable.

Hope that helps

Gg

good information, thank you have only just started slim fast (monday this week), it makes you very aware of calories in food and it has put me off a few foods, i find it very good as well that if u need a treat u can u jut got to wok out calories. Hope i can stick to it

Can we have unlimited veg and salad? Or do we have to count the calories, the same as fruit? :)

count all calories in all food that passes your lips :)

hi i am collette im new to slim fast but old pro at diets unfortuantley,i have been on atkins but havent been loosing any weight so came off hence slimfast , can anyone help me why do i wee loads....
lisa i had xenical i hated it i just didnt seem to go far from loo .xxx

Hi

The more regularly you drink water the more regularly you will wee as your body will stop hoarding water as it will trust that more is going to come. It should ease off a bit eventually as you will lose any "retained" water over the first week or two

thanks for all the info, im starting this today xx

This is extremely helpful, thank you. I now know that i have done it wrong today ooops! I have noticed some of you have goals on your signature how do i add goals to mine? Thanks x

Excellent thread - thank you so muh for the information. :)

Hi
quick q!

I boiled up some new potatoes- then roasted them with 2 teaspoons of oil.

I had about 6 of them potatoes and counted them as 200 cals- does that sound right to you?

Thanks in advance!

Xxxx

not sure if I rate myfitnesspal!

Had carrot and coriander soup today- if you type "carrot and coriander soup" result is 500+ cals for a bowl!

If you type "carrot coriander soup" result is 139cals per bowl!!

Can we Really trust it? I don't know what to go off with that!

OMG you dont understand how much that has helped me.

Thank you so much xxx

what are the calories in salad and veg? x

Back