i did it....now to management. uhoh.

Very brave Fenny, I've thought about having a colonic before but never been brave enough to try!

I'm glad you're getting on so well with RTM, keep up the good work! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for your comment tash. Looks like your doing great too. We can do it!

I have been thinking about why all my previous attempts at weight loss have failed. They all pretty much ended in a binge and me being unable to put it behind me and get over it.

Most recent- Jan 2012. Did ww and lost 3 and a half stone. Was v happy with self and being healthy. But my overeating never stopped, I would eat 2 whole mangos and half a whole watermelon in one sitting.....low calorie but a slight binge.
I had 2 binges during this diet, both caused by bran flakes.
At the end of this diet I started a new job which I found very stress full, I felt I constantly had to prove myself worthy and worked so hard with no me time.
Had a massive binge, triggered by white rice sushi and I was so ashamed (and insulin levels were everywhere). I felt I had failed and I never got it back. Put on 4 stone.
When I think back to this I can see that carbs cause me to binge, I think I am addicted. I will try to keep them to less than 100 grand in management.
Also, I have learned to manage stress better. I say my affirmations daily so my confidence is increasing.
I have realised that bin being is under my control. Its my choice to put food in my mouth. I always thought it was a compulsion and how I was 'wired' but I need to take responsibility.
I can see that when I had negative thoughts about myself it made me feel anxious which made me binge. With the help of CBT I will identify these crocked thoughts thus (hopefully!) Changing my feelings and behaviours.

Sept 2010- lost weight by being very restrictive. My motivation was a boy....which to start of was never going to work. My motivation now is to make myself happy, not anyone else.
I denied myself calories so that when I ate anything I felt was 'bad' I would binge.
I realise now that I should not allow food to have a personality. Food is not good or bad. It has no feelings. ITS JUST FOOD.

Sept- 2008- this was ww again. My first proper diet of healthy eating (had many others before this but they were very short and restrictive. So low calories that I couldn't maintain them for more than a few weeks. Once I did less than 500 calories for 10 weeks but this included 2 massive binges).
Did ww and was so happy. Am always happy when I feel in control and confident. This ended at Christmas. I ate lots on Christmas day then could not claw it back. I think having a binge makes it so hard for me to be good the next day, not just psychologically but physically. I think the sugar spikes and addiction make it harder.

It has been interesting thinking about these (just the main ones. Would take too long to go through all my failed attempts).
I can see that I am addicted to carbs. They cause me to binge. I need a diet plan that is low carb and NO white carb or sugar.
I can see that when I feel anxious I want to binge. I think CBT has helped this. And my gp has referred me for individual CBT so that should help more. I have also moved back to my home time so live 5 mins away from my sister and my mum. They support me in everything and will help me work through my anxieties.
Restricting excessively causes me to binge, as it makes me 'all or nothing'. I will eat at least 1500 calories a day in my diet plan. And I will include exercise so that I can have more.
I will limit my fruit to 1/2 servings a day. Fruit causes my sugar to spike and makes me want to overeat.

Today was good. Went to farm with my sister and the kids. My littler sister who lives in London came home for the weekend so it was amazing to see her.

Ate on plan, 3 packs, chicken salad, yoghurt.

So looking forward to Thursday when packs reduce....am feeling v bloated.
And I will introduce a bit more dairy (serving of milk) and 1 piece fruit.

Day 14 today, last day of week 2.
Yesterday was good. Had standard day 2 menu.....
Porridge pack, shepherds pie pack, yoghurt, salmon salad and vanilla pack.
Meeting last night and lost 2 pounds so 5 in total on rtm.
In the last few weeks of total I was only losing 1/2 pounds here and there so weight loss seems to have sped up with more food. Weird and wonderful bodies!

Meeting last night was good. We talked about awfulising.....which is something I completely do. Am such a drama queen anyway, but didn't realise how much I made small things seem so much worse in my head. I'm my pre ll days if I was running late I would make this a massive thing, feel really anxious about it and thus eat a whole bag of biscuits on the bus to stop the anxiety.

Tomorrow is start of phase 3. I will be adding in a piece of fruit (only one) and a portion of SF jelly. I will have onion and pepper and tomato with my salad.
And I will take away a vanilla pack.

So menu plan will be.....
Porridge pack
Shepherds pie pack
Yoghurt
Protein and salad (spinach, lettuce, onion, pepper, tomato)
Fruit and jelly.
Milky tea or coffee before bed.

I think this may be a hungry week and from what I've read on the forum week 3 is hard....am only having 1 piece fruit as this could be a trigger for me.

Hiya Tess, thanks for post.
Have lost 4 stone in total and am now 2 pesky pounds away from goal!
How are you doing?

So today was start of week 3...
I had porridge pack
Shephards pie pack
Greek yoghurt
Quorn and salad (with NEW onion)
Bluberries.

Was very delicious and enjoyed it all but just entered it on myfitnesspal and calories are only 550....very low for week 3.

Going to add a Muller light yoghurt tomorrow, so will be 650 ish.
And have a bigger protein portion. Mince and tomato sauce tomorrow. Can't wait.

Joined a gym today and went for a swim, going to swim again tomorrow and Sunday.
First bit of exercise since June last year....dear god am going to be in pain tomorrow!

That is amazing well done! How long did it take you to lose the 4 stone?

I have lost 2 stone and 6 pounds now, I feel so much happier but still have more to lose before my wedding.

It's great seeing your diaries and how well you are doing it is very motivating. This week I only managed 3 packs on 2 of the days as I wasn't well and couldn't get the 4th down, I really hope this dosent affect my weight loss. Do you think it could have an affect?

Tess

Hi Fenny
Just reading you've lost 4 stone , great , did you start on Total ? How has it been while on LL ? I had my first meeting Monday .
There does not seem many people on here on LL having trouble accessing LL my friend is too . Do you use that forum ?

Tess, I wouldn't worry about that at all. It won't make a difference. I had a week where I was ill and only having 3 packs and still lost. When is your wedding? How exciting.
Hiya JMC. Thanks for commenting. And congratulations on starting. How are you finding it?
I did total for 15 weeks and lost 4 stone, have lost a further 5 so far in rtm so am only 2 pounds away from goal.

Week 3 has been good. I have enjoyed having fruit in but have struggled a bit with knowing how much is ENOUGH (I don't think I have ever known this!)
Today I had
Porridge pack
Shepard's pie pack
Greek yoghurt
Quorn salad (have developed a new olive for quorn. Really gone off chicken as am finding it too heavy).
Strawberries
SF jelly.

LL rtm tries to get you to decide how much to have so does not give you rules on how many fruit/yoghurt snacks you can have.....this can be quite confusing and I have been reading some people have 3 fruit and 2 yoghurts....
I am just sticking to one of each a day. I think next week (week 4) I will add an extra to increase the calories.

Went to the gym today. First time exercising in over a year. Dear god, I will be sore tomorrow!
Managed to do quite a lot tho so am proud of myself.

Am still working through my beck book. I really do think its helping. I have written out lots of response cards to different situations/sabotaging thoughts and am going to stick them all up in the kitchen (may look a bit weird to guests!)

Have been planning my first NIGHT OUT this afternoon. Going to be the 8th June when I can drink. So excited to wear something nice and dance.

Thanks for the advice! I have weigh in tomorrow so am hoping for a good loss! My wedding is November 29th, I am so exited and know I will be well into management by that point.

I am a little anxious though as I have a wedding mid June where I am going to have a meal but am scared this will affect my plan. I have no intention of being unhealthy or overeating but the thought of eating real food before I get to the end of this journey scares me. What's your thoughts on this Fenny?

So glad your doing so well and bet you can't wait for a night out looking amazing and feeling so confident!

Hiya Tess. How exciting about your wedding. Is it all planned and ready?
Do you hope to have finished all of rtm by then?
I wouldn't worry at all about the June wedding. As long as thou stick to the light programme (protein and veg) you will stay in ketosis and still lose. In fact a few women in my group had a one off meal and it boosted their weight loss, keeps your body guessing. As long as you have no alcohol or carbs it will be a good thing.

I have had a lovely day today. Met up with one of my best friends in York and went shopping.
Purchased a SIZE 10 dress from top shop, never been a size 10 before. Felt amazing and naughtyly smug whilst wearing it!
Ate a lovely prawn salad and packet of blueberries. Think they are my new fave fruit.
Have got plums to have tomorrow and a quorn salad.
Things going well with rtm I think. Week 4 starts on Thursday, flying by, and I will be able to COOK my veg (mmmmmmm broccoli, aubergine, mushrooms. Can't wait).

Am really looking forward to going down to one pack. Have been reading through the whole rtm book and this does not happen until week 8. I have been thinking with my adult head and am going to cut down to one pack at the start of week 6.....I want to start living normally.....and by then want to be having a pack for breakfast, proper lunch (home made soup or salad) and proper dinner (fish and veg) and 2 snacks (one yogurt, one fruit).

Morning. Am up bright and early on a bank holiday (lighter life has done this to me!)

Have been thinking about what I have learnt through abstinence and rtm....

- that I deserve good healthy food. That I deserve to be happy and healthy. And I deserve to look fab. I want to look after myself. I have put my body through so much and now its time to look after it.
- that beck and CBT work (I was always skeptical). My response cards help a lot.
- that I can identify my sabotaging thoughts. A big one for me is that I'm not good enough, not worth it. I am learning to change this, with my positive affirmations and by being my own best friend.
- that I need to talk about it. I have a brilliant support network and have learned to talk about my feelings to them.
- that I can't have choice, it makes me anxious as I feel I need to try everything. When I start REAL LIFE I'm going to plan weekly menus and have only 1 breakfast, always porridge, 2 lunch options, soup or salad, then a bigger choice for dinner.
- I will have NO CHOICE for overeating. This will stop my inner struggle. As struggle will be pointless. There is no choice.
- that a sabotaging thought for my diet is 'its too hard, its not worth it'. It is worth it. Its everything. Its a choice between feeling great and looking how I want to eating ****, feeling **** and looking ****. I am happy now so IT IS WORTH IT.
- that I can do this. For the first time ever, I think I can maintain. Its so easy but so hard. Everyday I will make the choice to be happy, healthy, in control and to look good.

I still have lots of learning to do but I'm pleased with how far I have come.
January 22nd I felt worthless, ugly, disgusting, self hatred. I would cry all the time and push my friends away. I wore the same thing everyday (stretchy skirt and black top) and found life hard.
May 27th I feel positive, happy, FABULOUS. I love getting dressed each morning, I love life. I feel like I have so much to offer and I love myself, I am confident. I feel powerful and in control. I have lost 4 stone and like what see in the mirror.
I thank lighter life. It has really changed my life.

1 pound down this week. Woooooo.
Week 4 starting tomorrow.
Not much change.,,,,allowed to cook veg but otherwise am sticking to same daily menu plan. Still enjoying going slow with few changes.
Porridge pack
Shepherds pie pack
Greek yogurt
Protein and veg
Fruit portion
Sf jelly.

And 3l water.

Food has been delish today, first day of week 4.
Stir fry tuna veg. Makes such a difference that its hot.
And APPLES now allowed.
Trying to start 900 cals a day this week. But only 840 so fast on my fitness pal.

Very busy but lovely day today....no time to prepare food or food shop.
I ate , porridge pack, shepherds pie pack, yoghurt, quorn stir fry with loads of red onion and pepper, strawberries and SF jelly.
Calorie intake 822. Bit low still, aiming for 900 but didn't have time.
Tomorrow I think I will add in an extra. I will see.

Not much to report, coming to the end of week 4. Had most delicious dinner today, prawn stirfry with soy sauce and ginger. Fabulous.
Ll meeting has been cancelled this week but have enough packs to last me till next and know what week 5 involves.
I think for the last 3 weeks I'm going to do rtm a bit more 'my way'.
Week 5 I'm going to have 2 protein meals, 1 fruit snack, 1 yoghurt and only 1 pack. This sounds like plenty of food. I think it should be fine.
I plan to have porridge pack in morning, protein (tuna or egg probs) salad for lunch, yogurt, then protein and cooked veg for dinner, followed by piece of fruit and SF jelly.
I am going to drink once this week and once in week 6.
Week 6 is pretty much the same but I will add in all veg and all fruit. Stick to 1 ll pack.
Then week 7 and 8 I will go down to no packs and start my management diet....swapping ll porridge for rolled oats PROPER porridge.

I have been exercising every other day (gym, swim or class) and quite liking it. Have always liked swimming, feel so much more confident in my cossie....

Weather has been gorgeous, makes such a difference. Work has been so busy which is great but have had to book next 3 days in office to catch up on my paperwork. Tomorrow is going to be LONG and BORING I fear, have never been one for computers.

Hi Fenny, great to hear how well you are doing! I have started exercising and am feeling so good! Did you exercise whilst on total?

I HATE my computer.....just wrote out massive post and computer turned itself off. Ahhhhhhhh.

Oh well, short one apparently.....

First day of week 5.

I ate
Breakfast- Ll porridge pack
Lunch- Salad and cottage cheese.
Pudding- Yoghurt
Dinner- roasted veg and quorn
Pudding- apple and blueberries
Snack- SF jelly.

Cals still low for week 5. 910 today and am aiming for 1000. Will plan better tomorrow, maybe carrots and dip as snack.

Also as I have been upping my exercise (every other day for an hour) I think I should increase cals a bit more.....not sure.
Tess, how are you? I did NO exercise at all on total, was too unmotivated. So am making up for it now! And enjoying it.

Has been lovely to eat more like a normal person today (my sisters kids actually clapped and gasped when they realised I wasn't having shepherds pie for lunch!)
Can't wait to make the porridge pack actual porridge.....only 3 weeks.

Morning. Bright and early.....

Today is half way through week 5.
Am enjoying this week (tho hungry at times so defs out of ketosis).
Am having 2 meals- salad for lunch and cooked for tea. Makes me feel so much more normal and am enjoying buying/preparing the food as well.

So, I went out last night and had my first alcoholic drink since new year. Was drunk after first but then did not really enjoy the feeling, and gave me slight tummy ache. I think I should have introduced it more gradually, not on a NIGHT OUT. Only had 4 drinks, 2 vodkas, 2 rums so not much at all but was totally ready to go home at 11 and have a cup of tea. Dear god, I'm a geek.

Am out again next week so will not drink again till then.

Feeling OK today, body knows it has been drinking but not hungover. Am going to the gym with my mum this morning. Yesterday morning I got up at 6 to go for a 40 min run in the sun. This is so un me but felt so good after. Am still reading beck and this is helping with my sabotaging thoughts about exercise 'I can't be brothered, I hate it, I can't do it, I'll give up'. I realise its essential to maintain my weight and I CAN enjoy it.

Fenny I love reading your posts you are giving me extra motivation at the moment and I can't wait to be at the place you are!

I am doing well and am exercising quite alot. I go swimming 3 times a week and walk for 45 mins on 2 days of the week so want to keep that up whilst on total and then when finished.

Glad to see how well you are doing Fenny! X

Thanks tess for your lovely message. It's sounds like your doing fab. Am so pleased for you. And exerciseing so much is great. How much have you lost in total now? Are you finding it hard?

Had my weigh in tonight, lost another 2pounds which llc was not too pleased about. Am starting week 6 on Thursday so only 3 weeks left and should not really still be using.
I think my calorie level is still v low- 1000 in week 5 but have been scared to increase it too quickly and ll does not give any calorie info or advice.
Week 6 I will do 1100. Week 7 1200 and week 8 1300, then I will continue rtm and up the cals by 100 each week will I maintain. I just need to be very vigilant and watchful (tho should be ok as naughtily obsessed with scales at the moment. Weighing every morning. Think this is ok during rtm but then will try and do every other day instead).
Am still exercising, gym yesterday and swimming tomorrow morning. Makes me feel really good. So endeavour to keep at it.

Am going to london on Friday for the weekend, staying with my sister. We have planned the theatre (if we can get cheap tickets) Friday night, portobello market shopping sat day and out for cocktails sat night. CAN'T WAIT.
Have been trying on outfits this evening and am so proud of how far I have come and what a difference 5 months make.

Back