I know its early but....

Slimming world makes Christmas very easy if you want it to be. Im going to be 100% all festive season and flexible 25th 26th, 1st and 2nd.

This Christmas pudding is only 219 cals per portion , I will definitely be trying this one :)

Low Fat Christmas Pudding
Serves 10 | Prep 20 min | Cook 20 min

Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories (kcal) 219.6
Carbohydrate (g) 42.7
Protein 3.7
Fat (g) 1.6
Fibre (g) 1.8
Enjoy a portion of Christmas pudding without worrying about how much fat it contains.

Ingredients
75g Currants, Average
75g Sultanas, Co-Op*
115g Raisins, Seedless, Average
50ml Brandy, 37.5% Volume
75g Cherries, Glace, Average
75g Flour, White, Self Raising, Average
? Tsp/1?g Cinnamon, Powder
50g Breadcrumbs, Average
50g Sugar, Light Muscovado, Sainsbury's*
1 Tsp/2g Lemon, Peel, Raw
1 Tsp/2g Oranges, Peel, Raw
115g Apples, Sliced, Average
115g Carrots, Grated, Asda*
1 Tbsp/10ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh
2 Egg/112g Eggs, Medium, Average
60ml Milk, Skimmed, Average
2 Tbsp/40g Molasses, Average
60ml Brandy, 37.5% Volume
Method
First of all soak the dried fruit in the brandy overnight.
Shake the cherries in the flour and add mixed spice, cinnamon, breadcrumbs, sugar and gravy browning.
Mix in the grated zest, apple and carrot along with the lemon juice. Add the soaked fruit.
Beat the eggs with the milk and molasses, slowly add to the mixture, stirring well. Mix gently but thoroughly.
Place in a 1.2 litre ovenproof dish. If you wish to microwave the pudding, place an upturned plate over the dish and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then microwave for a further 5 minutes. if you wish to steam the pudding, cover with foil or pudding cloth, and then steam gently for 3hours.
Once cooked allow to cool and then wrap in foil and leave in a cool dry place until required.
Before reheating, prick the pudding several times and pour some more brandy over the top. Steam for 1-2 hours or microwave on high for 10 minutes

Tuck into healthy mashed potato
SERVES 6
PREP TIME 10 MINS
COOKING TIME 25 MINUTES
PER SERVING 138 CALORIES, 3G FAT (saving 120 calories, 14g fat on ordinary mash)
800g King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and quartered
½ small green cabbage, finely shredded
1tbsp olive oil
50g extra-light cream cheese
Black pepper
1. Put the potatoes in a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until they are cooked through. While they are cooking, place the cabbage in a pan of boiling salted water and simmer for 10 minutes until tender and cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and return them to the warm pan, add the olive oil and cream cheese, and mash very well until everything is well combined and there are no lumps. Tip in the cooked cabbage, grind in some black pepper, and stir through with a fork.
Sneaky tip: Bulk out the mash by adding shredded cabbage - it reduces the calories and adds to your five a day.
For a change, try swapping some of the potatoes with swede or sweet potato - it will lower the GI, too.
50g butter adds 62 calories and 7g fat per portion, whereas the extra-light cream cheese is 8 calories and 0.4g fat.

Not really a Christmas recipe but I LOVE Bakewell tart so will definitely be trying this one.

113g (4oz) Low fat spread
113g (4oz) 0% fat Fage Yoghurt (or 50/50 crème fraiche)
22g Splenda - or your favourite sweetener
4 eggs
2tsp vanilla essence
170g (6oz) ground almond
1tsp baking powder
250g raspberries (sweetened if tart)
Flaked almonds to decorate

If you prefer to be gluten free, then all you need to do is replace the baking powder with gluten free baking powder.
Method

Preheat the oven to 350oF\180o\Gas mark 4;
Mix the spread, yoghurt, and Splenda together well with a hand whisk;
Add the eggs, one at a time;
Blend in the vanilla essence;
Mix together the ground almonds and baking powder and add to the egg mixture a little at a time;
mix well;
Pour half the mix into a greased 9" cake tin;
Add the raspberries;
Cover with the rest of the mix;
Decorate with the flaked almonds;
Bake for around 50 minutes.

A light dusting of icing sugar will set this off nicely (for those of you who wants to brave the challenge).

To check whether the cake is cooked, insert a knife into the cake if it comes out clean it's cooked - if not whack it back into the oven for another couple of minutes.

oh im going to try the potatoes and cabbage it sounds lovely x x

The three bites thing sounds like a good idea. Think il be doing this

good idea for a thread :) Im planning on not counting calories xmas day, might do my treadmill in the morning still - and use the lighter options - OH and I are doing our own thing this year so there wont he hoards of food which our usual xmas's are :)

well tried the potatoes and cabbage lovely thanks bex
im going to enjoy the festive season but im going to be careful as i know when i stop watching what im putting in my mouth i struggle to get back into a routine so im going to exercise and just make wise choices and im working over the festive season so i should be ok :D

Well in the past 2 weeks, despite all the temptations of Christmas I have lost 10lbs, so that's me almost at a 5 stone loss :) almost half way there , I can do this :) xxx

Back