I lost some weight!!!

LOL yes a bit windy :p Your mexican salad sound nice, shall have a go one day :)

You must feel good about losing a whole 10 BMI points? I think i intend to do the same as you - having days off sometimes and definately the odd boozy night too :)
Thanks luv
x

Thanks Rose :)

Think I will have a day "off" tomorrow, well not quite, I have 1000 cals saved from the last few days, and If I row tonight and tm I can earn another 700 at least, having Lunch out with Dad tomorrow so think I can afford to have a couple nice dishes :)

Made the mistake of not eating enough for breakfast again today and was hungry most of the day

Must remember breakfast like a King!

Lost another 1lb, so am now just about the lightest I have been in 2 years, it feels a bit strange, as if I didn't really beleive that was possible :p

Thanks so much both of you :) Really enjoyed my lunch out with Dad yesterday, was absolutely gorgeous all of it, well worth going 400 calories over for the day, I can earn that back in excercise

As I was out all day yesterday barely did any excercise at all yesterday and am feeling a little bit resistant to it today so think I should just bite the bullet and get back to it

Maybe I should spend a little bit of time today writing down all the reasons I want to lose weight, or all the problems that my weight is causing, am wondering if that might re-ignite some enthusiasm

Would love to hear how anyone else keeps up their enthusiasm?

Today I can feel a distinct difference in my waist, in that there is the smallest hint of one now :p -that does feels good :)
Thanks everyone :)

Negative affects of being the weight I am

My tummy has become so big that i have difficulty bending down when sitting to do shoes etc, it feels like a big pillow getting in the way

My fitness level is appalling, can be out of breath and exhausted just walking for the train (an 8 minutes walk!)

I can no longer dance as much as I like to as it is too exhasting and I get very very hot

Have been really uncomfortably hot whenever the weather is warm or I do any excercise or enter clubs that are packed

My generously sized and stretchy jeans have been very tight around the middle and my belly sticks out over the top, waist band cuts in and is very uncomfortable when I sit down

My problems with sugar levels have increased with me being so exhausted that I often found it impossible to stay awake all day - sometimes falling asleep twice in a day

Eating even small portions of carbs would leave me feeling utterly exhausted including the day after

Someone posted a photo of me on facebook and all I could see was my belly sticking out more than my chest

The way people treat me has changed and have been more likely for some people to treat me with little or even no respect

Have lost some confidence

If I ever want to have a go at some activity - fairground rides or something sporty - I'm usually too large to even think of it!

Shall come back to this if it is possible and add more as I think of them :)

Last edited:
hi Hun
I can relate to all of those reasons on your list. when i started i posted all my reasons on page one of my diary, and it felt so good finally admitting them to myself :)

I keep motivated mainly by being on this forum!!!! and accepting that i no longer want to be so unhealthy and look so frumpy and unattractive..life is just too short to be as sad and miserable as I was 6 months ago!!!!
More motivation for me.....i had no quality of life, no social life, no proper family life etc etc ALL due to my excess and unhealthy weight!

I can vividly remember the photos of me taken last october in disneyland, not posed photos, just one or two i got caught in!!!! I looked so bad, huge and unhappy...we go again in 6+ weeks, i'm still big, but not as big...and never want to look like i did in the previous pics EVER AGAIN!

So that's what keeps me going hun, just set a mini goal or think what reason from your list REALLY annoys or upsets you the most, and keep it in your mind in times of struggle! :)

have a great sunday!

Well done Blossum on writing such an excellent list. Like Rose I can sure identify with everything you are saying.

Thing is you will never need to feel that way again as you are doing so well with your plan. Inspiring stuff, excellent.

Great list blossum, I can relate to all of them, especially tying shoe laces. Also my mums borderline diabetic because of her weight and I'm rapidly heading in that direction myself if I don't start taking control.

I think there's a difference between determination, motivation and enthusiasm. I feel the first for the reasons on your list, get the second from this site, but cannot feel enthusiastic yet.

Rose's enthusiasm shines through - how do we get there?

Keep going blossum, you're the lightest you've been in 2 years, what's your next mini-goal? X

The enthusiasm comes from knowing that this time it is really working..and those pesky pounds and stones are melting away :)
It has taken me many years to feel the enthusiasm that I seem to have found, or maybe it found me this time????? :)

Both of you will slip into enthusiastic mode without even realising it..the more pounds you lose..the more the enthusiasm shines through! :)

Good luck this week Blossum and Smills! Have a good one :)

hi Hun
I can relate to all of those reasons on your list. when i started i posted all my reasons on page one of my diary, and it felt so good finally admitting them to myself :)

I keep motivated mainly by being on this forum!!!! and accepting that i no longer want to be so unhealthy and look so frumpy and unattractive..life is just too short to be as sad and miserable as I was 6 months ago!!!!
More motivation for me.....i had no quality of life, no social life, no proper family life etc etc ALL due to my excess and unhealthy weight!

I can vividly remember the photos of me taken last october in disneyland, not posed photos, just one or two i got caught in!!!! I looked so bad, huge and unhappy...we go again in 6+ weeks, i'm still big, but not as big...and never want to look like i did in the previous pics EVER AGAIN!

So that's what keeps me going hun, just set a mini goal or think what reason from your list REALLY annoys or upsets you the most, and keep it in your mind in times of struggle! :)

have a great sunday!

Thankyou Rose :)

Funny how facing something head on feels so much better than trying to hide from it :) I like what you have to say about motivation, it seems like you have really bitten the bullet and are determined, tand that's insoiring to me :)

I am going to have a good think about what I shall hold onto as the worst thing about being overweight and use that in the difficult times
Thanks again, and I hope that you have a fabulous time when you go on holiday this time, that you have lots of fun and say goodbye to the old you
x

Well done Blossum on writing such an excellent list. Like Rose I can sure identify with everything you are saying.

Thing is you will never need to feel that way again as you are doing so well with your plan. Inspiring stuff, excellent.

Thanks Barb :)

Very nice of you to say that I am doing well, am having a slightly more difficult day today as am very tired, but am eating right so hopefully will feel back to normal again soon :) Am thinking of asking bf to go for a walk with me so that I still get some excercise in today

Thanks, and hope you have a great week
x

Great list blossum, I can relate to all of them, especially tying shoe laces. Also my mums borderline diabetic because of her weight and I'm rapidly heading in that direction myself if I don't start taking control.

I think there's a difference between determination, motivation and enthusiasm. I feel the first for the reasons on your list, get the second from this site, but cannot feel enthusiastic yet.

Rose's enthusiasm shines through - how do we get there?

Keep going blossum, you're the lightest you've been in 2 years, what's your next mini-goal? X

Thanks Smills :)

Diabetes is probably one of the things that really got me to thinking that I must try to do this now - so maybe that can be the thing that i remind myself of when I'm struggling - not sure, in a way am tempted to pick a positive thing to think of in difficult times rather than a fear inducing thing.. will have to think it through

Am sorry that you are not feeling enthusiasm yet, and yes it does shine through in Rose, think it would be lovely to get to where she is!

I have managed to feel enthusiastic about this some of the time, not all of it yet, but shall work on it

Thanks again and hope you have a great week
x

Thanks Kate, hope you are too :D

Has been a mildly difficult few days - at first I thought I had put on 3lbs waaah? Then realised it is TOTM so, panic over, but it did dent my confidence a wee bit. Am proud to say that I have stuck to diet and excercise even though I felt a wobble in enthusiasm on Monday

Now just got to wait for end of TOTM and hope that those pesky pounds will come back off :)
cheers all :)

*Rant on*

TOTM = waste of several days per month! Seriously!! Who evolved the first period?! 30 day month - 2 days wasted due to being an emotional she beast, stomping around breathing fire for a day then spending a day extinguishing all fires with crocodile tears! 1-2 days wasted due to cramps and feeling generally RUBBISH. up to 5 days wasted when aunt flo comes to visit. That's 9 days of rubbishness and in those nine days of rubbishness due to water retention and being so hungry you could chew off your own foot, weight loss slows right down and disappoints and makes us feel even worse!

*rant off*

:D:D

WOW i am opinionated this morning! WELL DONE for sticking to it mrs! i am 100% sure that it will show up on your next WI!

What day is your WI btw?

Kate x

LOL thanks both :p Well the 3lbs appeared on Monday, each day since one of them came off and today the last one came off along with another 2lbs woo! :D

Last week when I lost 1lb, I became the lightest I've been for a couple of years, and I half thought that gaining this 3lbs was proof that I wouldn't be able to deviate from the pattern I have been in for the last 2 years (going up and down from 17st 8 to 18st 8 - Untill I realised was TOTM anyway

Still I really did start to doubt that I would be able to lose anymore. I even had a mini comfort eating session on Monday night - (still within calorie allowance but it felt out of control)

Anyway am so glad I didn't give up and so now am 17st 5!
Very pleased :D
Thanks all
x

Back