I want to lose weight but.......

Hey J4ffa!
How muxh weight are you looking to lose? That makes a big difference on how much your skin will be problematic...
I read up about tjis to start with too and have moisturised lots but also exfoliating the the shower with one of those rough sided spounges- this really helps brush off old skin cells and helps promote the growth of new ones and thus helps elasticity of the skin. I moisturise a few times a week/when I remember, ocaisonally oil my whole body while wet out of a shower (only takes a minute then drip dry pretty fast as the oil helps!) and I've used 'rescue oil' (poundland equivalent of bio oil- works miracles on stretch marks and scars too!)
I have lost nearly 7st- over a third of my original weight- and the skin issue isnt bad at all :D my tum is very slightly loose but not bad, and my arms have really tightened up with weight exercises (bingo wings got droopy!)
These routines take minutes- I scrub my tum, arms, thighs and bum for about a minute every time I shower, really easy routine to.get into, then keep pots of cheap moisturiser in bathroom and next to bed and sofa so I can apply it while watching tv etc- takes 20 seconds to rub cream into torso.

Weight trianing helps too, pressups are great all round for tummy, thighs, chest! I couldnt do them at my heaviest so would press off the wall - I built up to them like this in a matter of days.

As I think someone else said- losing weight slowly really helps your skin/body adjust, it is better for keeping the weight off in the long run too, so they recommend aiming for no more than 2lbs off a week.
I've been doing slimming world and usually get a couple of 1-2lbs losses a month and then a big lodd like 4-5lbs and a maintain during PMS. I highly recommend slimming world- you never go hungry, nothing is off limits amd it teaches you a way of life to keep the weight off, rather than a temporary restrictive attitude that makes you feel deprived.
Good luck in your journey :) and if you still think the skin might be an issue- you probably wont notice it for at least the first 5st, so dont be scared to lose a chunk to get healthier! The real sag happens after mamoth losses. :)
X

hey tetris cheers for the info will look into that and im looking at loosing 10 maybe 11 stone its above what the doctors say i should be but i have never been the skinny guy also will change some of the fat into muscle well thats the idea.... but what happens is different hahaha

also congrats on the weight loss also the idea of slimming world does sound good but still unsure

What are you unsure about with SW?
I personally didn't like the groups- went to one and got the info booklet then did it from home... Minimins is such a great place for support that I didn't feel I missed out on the group stuff.

I think the saggy skin thing tends to be a problem mainly when people get quite thin... Like on The Biggest Loser they end up bloody skinny- no wonder they sag! But yeah, 7st and no problems here. x

I duno it just dosnt sound like something a guy would do i know i know i bet theres loads of guys that do it..

Yeah i get ya iv seen most people that have gastric band that end up having the loose skin i think thats what got me worried il soon find out

hey fraggle its gioing good i went sunday and then again today wanted to go yesterday but started a new course so wasnt sure on what time the breaks where so decided to go today instead and feel abit blaahhhh atm more tired but its expected... hows yours going

Going good actually. Did a spinning class this morning and got slimmer of the month last night at slimming world. The little awards help me hugely as very competitive and frankly a sticker addict ha.

congrats hun yeah i get ya but still hmmmmmmn spinning class oooo saw one happening as i left the gym looked fun the last time i did one i ended up falling off the bike and just laid there for 10 min

I love spinning, biggest person in there but really enjoy it. It helps as pretty much dark in the room. Also helps is my trainer so teaches it so it gives me a bit of confidence. Love the feeling afterwards. I love circuit as well but can't do at the minute as injured my shoulder kickboxing. It still seems weird to me that I love it all but I really do. And honestly the best way of losing weight is to be accountable every week. Any weight loss club is proven to work for the members that stay for meetings. The doctors even prescribe them now. Shame we don't live a bit closer or would drag you to mine ha.

id be washing my hair every night haha havnt done circuit training before watched it just never done it

Circuit is fab, you will have to try it. Have you been shopping yet and got all your healthy food yet?

I got abit in its just breaking the habit of making easier food or getting easier bad food

The last time i started loosing weight i ended up doing jiu jitsu to break up the normal training and it was amazing until training one day when this guy went to throw me and i ended up landing on the back of my head then i packed it in as not a fan of waking up couple hours later

Ah you see as a sleep deprived mum who works nights I would relish the extra sleep ha. Yeah I enjoy kickboxing but not sure I want to go as far as someone actually hitting me!! I am a bit of a wuss. You need to find alternatives to what you like. What is your favorite meal? I am sure there is a healthy alternative just as nice. I am in the process of making a chocolate cake with no fat. I aren't entirely sure I am optimistic about it ha!

hahaha having a non fat chocolate cake is a waste id rather have no cake.. atm im into chicken so looking at making a few pots of chicken n rice... also hahaha that part didnt bother me as you always had face guards on so you never got hit but other than that it was great its a full-body work out which i enjoyed

But then I will never have any cake again and frankly that could make me suicidal!! Not tried it yet so it could be terrible. Just got back from the gym though so feel bad eating it now ha!!

pahahahaha i knew it id rather be bad and do a proper chocolate cake then make up for it later and ahh cool cool i did the gym tonight pushed it abit more but thats good you never know your limits until you push through it just tired and sore now

Good on you, I missed the gym tonight. Have a huge shoulder problem and was terrible last night so had to have it manipulated back into place again today. Having to take a few days off but can't wait to get back to it then. Feels fab to be sore from the gym :)

Thats easy dont do any shoulder work so simple cardio and leg work no excuse hahaha and yeah it does feel good i like the buzz you get plans are to leave it tomorrow then get it done saturday

Back