Puddings Ice-cream Machine and Ice-cream Update

Blimey that's one noisy machine! I guess I won't be making any midnight batches of ice cream!

It turned out lovely though - took all of 10 minutes (ish) - just a straight vanilla made from onken fat-free yoghurt with an added measure of cointreau to make it a little bit special. I fancy doing a tia maria blend :D

I think you need to keep one eye on the amount of yoghurt you are using though, especially if you are eating it on your own. it would be easy to get through a fair number in the form of ice cream when you wouldn't eat that many on their own.

Thanks for all the lovely recipes - will give them a go (yum) :)

Circes said:
Blimey that's one noisy machine! I guess I won't be making any midnight batches of ice cream!

It turned out lovely though - took all of 10 minutes (ish) - just a straight vanilla made from onken fat-free yoghurt with an added measure of cointreau to make it a little bit special. I fancy doing a tia maria blend :D

I think you need to keep one eye on the amount of yoghurt you are using though, especially if you are eating it on your own. it would be easy to get through a fair number in the form of ice cream when you wouldn't eat that many on their own.

Thanks for all the lovely recipes - will give them a go (yum) :)

That's probably a good thing??

Enjoy it- the Onken apple and mango is gorg!! So too is the lemon curd

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Where di you get the onken apple yoghurt - I haven't seen that in any of the shops around here.

Circes said:
Where di you get the onken apple yoghurt - I haven't seen that in any of the shops around here.

Tesco

Pinkie1973 said:
Argh, got to my nearest Robert dyas they don't stock it. So sunny.and perfect ice cream weather too!

You can get it online - Argos do some

Kx ;)

You can get it online - Argos do some

Kx ;)

As kwise1 said argos do some hun, thats where mine came from. Its a magimix and its great. Does the job and u have fabby ice cream in 10 mins yumyumyum :D

206596_10150113942350667_528245666_6911387_2810049_n.jpg

Latset DESERT yumymyum
Sweet oyster thingy 3 syns
Chocolate & coconut icecream 1 syn :D made with tofu.... was soooo nice as a naughty treat x

furrystomper said:
Latset DESERT yumymyum
Sweet oyster thingy 3 syns
Chocolate & coconut icecream 1 syn :D made with tofu.... was soooo nice as a naughty treat x

That sounds like my bounty ICECREAM

Kx

That sounds like my bounty ICECREAM

Kx

It defo was hun. and very very nice it was too :D gonna have chocky orange 2mo night :)

furrystomper said:
It defo was hun. and very very nice it was too :D gonna have chocky orange 2mo night :)

Glad you enjoyed it- the lemon meringue pie one is awesome - Nom Nom Nom

Kx

I make icecream WITHOUT an icecream maker but reading this I probably will get one.

2 syn icecream

250g fat free fromage frais
100g quark (adds thickness and creaminess)
sweetner to taste (2tbsp)
highlights hot chocolate sachet.

Mix really well, put in freezer, stir EVERY hour. Ready in 4 hours (any longer or failing to stir will make it icy).

This is gorgeous icecream, nice as a mousse to if you chill in th fridge for 5 mins and sprinkle on ground cinnamon.

Icecream made with fatfree fromfrais and quark +sweetner is a fab base, nice with muller lights added or crushed maltesers etc, options are limitless!

ILoveCake said:
I make icecream WITHOUT an icecream maker but reading this I probably will get one.

2 syn icecream

250g fat free fromage frais
100g quark (adds thickness and creaminess)
sweetner to taste (2tbsp)
highlights hot chocolate sachet.

Mix really well, put in freezer, stir EVERY hour. Ready in 4 hours (any longer or failing to stir will make it icy).

This is gorgeous icecream, nice as a mousse to if you chill in th fridge for 5 mins and sprinkle on ground cinnamon.

Icecream made with fatfree fromfrais and quark +sweetner is a fab base, nice with muller lights added or crushed maltesers etc, options are limitless!

Have you tried it with Greek yog- it's dead creamy Nom Nom-

With an ICECREAM maker , be careful it's not too thick or it may have difficulty churning

Kx

Not long at all - mine only take 10 to 15 minutes! But of course you need to let the bowl sit in the freezer for up to 24 hours beforehand.

laetissimus said:
Mmmm - mouth watering,.... going to have to get an ice cream maker now - does it take very long to make?

Also depends what you are turning into ICECREAM and how cold it is to start with and also how solid you like your ICECREAM. Some take 10-15 others 30 mins

Kx

Where do you get the tofu from? i can't say i've ever heard of it or seen it. I've had an icecream maker for years and used it once for frozen yogurt. Wonder if you could make sorbet in it?

Back