Internet dating sites

Good luck - and as my mother always says to me before I go out on a date - keep your hand on your ha'penny !! ;-) x

Well ladies!

It was a disaster... He looked nothing like his photos - must have been taken 10 years and 5 stone ago, then he drank 5 pints while I was on water and then asked me to give him a lift home when I decided to leave at 9.30! When I refused he said well if I've got to get a taxi I might as well stay for a couple more... On a Tuesday night!

Needless to say I won't be seeing him again!

Oh well back to the drawing board lol :)

Oh lord, I have a string of stories as long as my arm ..... There was one who also looked 10 possibly 20 years older. And was dressed all in denim - jacket, jeans and shirt. And wore aviator glasses. I think he thought he was Tom Cruise.

However, I have also met some lovely people, so keep the faith! X

juju_doll said:
Oh lord, I have a string of stories as long as my arm ..... There was one who also looked 10 possibly 20 years older. And was dressed all in denim - jacket, jeans and shirt. And wore aviator glasses. I think he thought he was Tom Cruise.

However, I have also met some lovely people, so keep the faith! X

Lol!!! That's cheered me up knowing im not the only one - thank you!

No I'm definitely going to keep trying now that I've braved it once :) xx

LOL, well done Alex! Doesn't matter that he was an old alky, what matters is that you grabbed life and went out on a date! :D

Brilliant, look forward to hearing about the next one .... date not alky ;)

P x

Oh dear Alex, I suppose that he was on his best behaviour too Lol
Nevermind at least you had a go. I have some stories to tell from my year on Match, people do seem to use artistic licience in their descriptions of themselves. I met a policeman who ended the night by offering me illegal drugs. It was all going well until that point lol

Looking forward to the next installment. :eek:
Debs

Ok I've jumped straight back in and arranged a lunch date on Friday with another bloke I've been chatting to!!

Decided on lunch then it's easier to cut short if it all goes horribly wrong again lol!!

A
X

Awww sorry to hear it didn't work out, what a disappointment!! lol Glad to see it didn't put you off though, good luck with your lunch date on Friday....

Just to let you all know that my lunch date today went fabulously :) Went to Cafe Rouge for lunch (yay for an UD!) and talked non stop for two and a half hours. He's funny, clever and attractive :p and I'm seeing him again Tuesday :-D

What a difference from Tuesday night! It's restored my faith that there are some decent single 40 year old men out there :) xx

Excellent!! Well done :)
And even if it doesn't go like u plan in Tuesday at least you now know its all worth it for a good date!
And an UD - excellent planning lol x

Hi yoga 84

My brother got married from an internet site several years ago..met her in his 40s. remains happily married. His first wife went on to meet her second husband this way. An ex of mine after me went on to meet his wife via this route so it's absolutely possible. They say it takes seven dates. Meet for only an hour per time so stop you being dishearteneded. When you have got to seven....come here and we can discuss hats lol!!!!

Liz x

Sorry for earwigging, but I was just reading posts on JUDD & stumbled on this thread. I just wanted to say that I met my hubby via BBWdating.com or something similar. We've been married 5 years this December and been together for 9 years. We now have 2 gorgeous children and life is pretty damn good.

I met up with some lovely guys and some complete idiots (& liars!).

My advice would be to be open-minded about the kind of guy you're willing to meet. I would never have met my hubby if it wasn't for a friend checking out the chaps I was chatting to and Saying 'phwoar' about Darren. He wasn't my type, had a motorbike and little in common BUT with her encouragement, I met him & never looked back again!

Most importantly be safe & have fun!

Just to let you all know that my lunch date today went fabulously :) Went to Cafe Rouge for lunch (yay for an UD!) and talked non stop for two and a half hours. He's funny, clever and attractive :p and I'm seeing him again Tuesday :-D

Yo, Alex, is it a DD (date-day) for you?! ;)

P x

Paulinegin said:
Yo, Alex, is it a DD (date-day) for you?! ;)

P x

Yes it is - so as its an evening date this time in going to get my nails done and pamper myself a bit. We are meeting at Brindley Place for drinks and then an Indian (yay for UDs!!)

I'll let you know how it's gone in the morning :)

Back