Introducing the new Pro-points plan: *UPDATED TO THE CHANGES IN 2011!*

Hmmm seeing how everyones measurements have worked out so far, with some people being 11st summat and 29pp and others 15st summat and still 29pp seems it's more an even play with everyone now, which in someways is better as everyone feels equal but yet, in other ways it doesn't make sense to me? :-\ difference in weight... yet you get to eat the same amount of food?

Hmmm seeing how everyones measurements have worked out so far, with some people being 11st summat and 29pp and others 15st summat and still 29pp seems it's more an even play with everyone now, which in someways is better as everyone feels equal but yet, in other ways it doesn't make sense to me? :-\ difference in weight... yet you get to eat the same amount of food?

I'm beginning to feel a bit worried about how many (or how few!!) ProPoints I'll be on. There's only so much fruit a person can eat before they want an actual treat!

I guess I'll see in the morning...

I'm beginning to feel a bit worried about how many (or how few!!) ProPoints I'll be on. There's only so much fruit a person can eat before they want an actual treat!

That's what the 49 weekly allowance propoints are for hun :) the daily allowance feels to me like it's more just for meals, so breakfast lunch and dinner have 29propoints set. Then if you fancy a chocolate bar, crisps, take away etc you just take it from the 49 weekly points, but then once they have gone you can't save from anywhere else etc, i suppose it just about getting your head around the whole new change, tbh it doesnt really seem like a huge change same ways just different numbers, only difference is the values have gone up! and because of this then your daily allowance has to rise, then instead of saving points for treats it's already been worked out and given to you to do what you want with etc :) you'll get use to it, be better when WW come out themselves tomorrow to explain properly xxx

That's what the 49 weekly allowance propoints are for hun :) the daily allowance feels to me like it's more just for meals, so breakfast lunch and dinner have 29propoints set. Then if you fancy a chocolate bar, crisps, take away etc you just take it from the 49 weekly points, but then once they have gone you can't save from anywhere else etc, i suppose it just about getting your head around the whole new change, tbh it doesnt really seem like a huge change same ways just different numbers, only difference is the values have gone up! and because of this then your daily allowance has to rise, then instead of saving points for treats it's already been worked out and given to you to do what you want with etc :) you'll get use to it, be better when WW come out themselves tomorrow to explain properly xxx

Yeah, its basically what we all do anyway by saving points through out the week to have what we want at the weekend or whenever, but now they are making it official. If that makes sense ?

Yeah, its basically what we all do anyway by saving points through out the week to have what we want at the weekend or whenever, but now they are making it official. If that makes sense ?

yeh exactly i suppose it's to help you limit and control the amount of treats you have compared to proper meals etc, by giving us the weekly allowance they are saying, here go and have your fun, have your treats but only have this amount etc :) quite liking the sound of the plan tbh! I'll look forward to starting it in the new year :) oh and listening to the great results from everyone!

Yeah, I know that that's what the weekly points are for, but... I'm 18stone odd---it seems like I should be on more points than the folks who are on 29 (which was the old 18).

I keep telling myself that patience is a virtue!

I will be going tuesday but want to start tomorrow I can only go every week but my leader said that was ok, please if some can work out my points I would be grateful, I am 51 just 5ft 7 and weigh 15 stone. I hope I can buy the delux pack as I read on WW that they are limited.

marion

You will be surprised Marion, but you ARE on 29 pp per day plus 49 pp weekly:confused:. I just checked it for you on my calculator:eek:!

It just means that you need to plan smart and make good use of your 49 weekly allowance and your free fruit!

How many points were you on the old plan?

Hey,

I'm just curious to know how the points sort of tally up with SW. I've had a brief holiday on WW from SW but my head wasn't in the right place so couldn't get on with it.

I'm 5ft7.5 and 9st7 and 20, how many pro-points would this work out as? I'm guessing the minimumish at 29?

xx

yes, it's 29 pp plus 49 weekly

I think ww banks on the fact people who weight less would be needing less of the weekly allowance naturally than those who weight more, who burn more calories by just walking! And I think that the system is designed to not make your body cannibalise your muscle mass while you lose.

indeed Anthony! By the way, your daily allowance of pp is 41 plus 49 weekly pp :)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how many points I'd be allocated? I'm 35, 5'4 and 15st 6lbs. thankyou xx

you're on 32pp per day plus 49 weekly allowance hun:eek:

how old are you? I can tell you now!

I'm an online user. If you are able to could you please tell me how many I'm on?

26 years old
16st 1lb
5ft 5inches

Many thanks!

Can I be really cheeky and ask you to do mine if you're not feeling too swamped. I'm 41, 5ft 6 inch and weigh 16 St 13lbs. Than you very much.

I'm 33 and 18 10 as of last weigh in. Thank-you! Oh, and I'm 5 ft 4"

39 pp daily and 49 weekly

I'm an online user. If you are able to could you please tell me how many I'm on?

26 years old
16st 1lb
5ft 5inches

Many thanks!

assuming you're a girl,
35 daily pp and 49 extra of course

Can I be really cheeky and ask you to do mine if you're not feeling too swamped. I'm 41, 5ft 6 inch and weigh 16 St 13lbs. Than you very much.

35 daily pp and of course the 49 weekly :)

I'm doing no work at all, but my calculator will explode ;)

guys, age is massively important when you calculate the pp allowance: I tried to calculate with my stats at the max weight I was, roughly 15 st, and it came out that at 28 I would have had 35 pp, at 30 it would have gone down to 31 and at 35 (now) it would have been 30 only, after the age of 40 it's 29. That's why most people over 40 would be on 29 points!

It does make sense because the more you age the less your metabolism is active!

Is it lame that i keep checking the WW website to see if its changed yet and that i am now uber excited that it is "under maintenance" :D Am going to my meeting early this week, usually go on a Saturday, but going to go tomorrow (well later today) to find out all about the plan, YAY! What i don't get is why some people found out at last weeks plan and others had to wait till this week? Or was it only helpers etc that found out last week?

Is it lame that i keep checking the WW website to see if its changed yet and that i am now uber excited that it is "under maintenance" :D Am going to my meeting early this week, usually go on a Saturday, but going to go tomorrow (well later today) to find out all about the plan, YAY! What i don't get is why some people found out at last weeks plan and others had to wait till this week? Or was it only helpers etc that found out last week?

good of you margarino for choosing to go there tomorrow to learn the new plan!

Yes, us helpers found out last week so we could get used to it and help the members when the plan was officially launched!

Back