Isabella's journey (taking the scenic route) to 9 stone

Thanks Honey-J, hope you've had a productive day!

I need to catch up with everyone else's diaries.

I've not really stuck to my diet very well today but going to start recording again anyway and count from tomorrow.

Breakfast Mocha made with skimmed milk, instant coffee and low cal hot choc.
Lunch
Carrot soup
A piece of baguette with light flora & smoked salmon. A packet of crisps.
Afternoon coffee
Skinny cappuccino and piece of Victoria sponge cake
Dinner
Quorn mince with vegetables and mash

I faced the scale this morning and weighed in at 10st 12lbs so I've gained 4lbs in 3 weeks, which I'm actually quite happy about because I thought I'd have gained more!
I'd say that's a fab food day Belle.. Well done xx

Hi Everyone,

I decided to start a new diary because I like reading other people's and I've realized I keep forgetting to log a couple of my food items each day and the calories will add up!

9 months ago I was 13 st 5, now I'm 10st 13.5 and I'd love to be around 9 stone and a size 10.

Oh also I have issues with binge-eating and find it very hard to get through a week without a binge and my calorie intake is usually quite high but I try to make up for it by exercising.

Bella xx
Bella how did you lose your weight previously from 13.5 to now? Was it calorie counting how many calories did you have each day please ? X

Hi Honey-J,

Thanks for your support :) I really hope I can get back on track after 2.5 months of messing up.

I roughly counted calories in 60 calorie units (old weight watcher's points) and had about 30 points (so 1800 calories) a day (because my TDEE/BMR was a bit higher at 12 and 13 stone), ran for 20-30 minutes daily and went for two 25-40 minute dog walks. I also made sure all the chocolate was hidden!

I'm feeling quite low today- I'm pretty sure that PMS isn't helping but I think that I've felt worse since I quit running too.

Food for today:
Breakfast: A piece of toast with sliced banana
Lunch: A bowl of carrot soup. Two eggs and two pieces of toast
Dinner: Leftover mince and vegetables

I'm feeling quite low today- I'm pretty sure that PMS isn't helping but I think that I've felt worse since I quit running too.

Food for today:
Breakfast: A piece of toast with sliced banana
Lunch: A bowl of carrot soup. Two eggs and two pieces of toast
Dinner: Leftover mince and vegetables

Hi Bella. Sorry, haven't been on here much lately but just a quick message to say I hope you're feeling better!x How come you quit the running?

It's helped me to think that most other people on Minimins have had binge eating issues at one point or another -I was starting to feel abnormal because I tend to binge rather than just over-eat (if I eat one extra treat I think everything is ruined and carry on over-eating).

Hey Bella, read the rest of your diary today and this bit really struck a chord with me. One of the things I've started to realise this last couple of weeks is that a lot of people eat the way I do - it's just that no-one talks about it (in person anyway!). It's both sad and kind of heartening to realise that I'm not on my own with this.

I'm the same as you - I don't overeat, I either diet or I binge with no in-between. Going 100 calories over my target can easily kick off a binge becuase I've ruined my diet so therefore I binge. I'm trying to sort that out but it's my defualt setting after so long eating like this. I do eat really well when I'm on holiday, just with my husband and removed from all the stress of daily life (I'm a major introvert so being around people all day is tiring and stressful for me) so eventually I would like to find a way to 'eat like I'm on holiday' all the time! How, I don't know, but that's the goal and I will not quit!

Starting afresh today- 1st May!

Weight: Est. 10.13-11st (wrong totm to weigh)
Breakfast: porridge with a tsp syrup
Lunch:

Last edited:
Thanks Sarah, how are you?

Hi Belle, I definitely relate to the 100-calories-over leading to binge issue. What do you usually eat when you're on holiday? Are you less likely to have a set-plan when you're off work? Maybe it's the fact that you're trying to stick to a plan the rest of the time that triggers the binge-eating? I find being around other people (apart from friends/family) for prolonged periods really exhausting too- have you tried recording your binge triggers alongside your food diary?

I'm restarting today as I've been bingeing most days this week and it's the 1st May so it makes sense. I've got an extended-family reunion on 9th June and a week's holiday in Scotland (North Berwick- which is a little seaside town near Edinburgh) at the end of June so I'd like to lose some by then. Ideally I'd like to get below 10st 6 (I was 10st 7 a month a half ago!) as soon as possible. I'm not going to make any grand plans at the moment because my main goal should just be to stop the binge eating and start to eat normal quantities of food for meals and snacks.

Hi Belle, I definitely relate to the 100-calories-over leading to binge issue. What do you usually eat when you're on holiday? Are you less likely to have a set-plan when you're off work? Maybe it's the fact that you're trying to stick to a plan the rest of the time that triggers the binge-eating? I find being around other people (apart from friends/family) for prolonged periods really exhausting too- have you tried recording your binge triggers alongside your food diary?

I'm restarting today as I've been bingeing most days this week and it's the 1st May so it makes sense. I've got an extended-family reunion on 9th June and a week's holiday in Scotland (North Berwick- which is a little seaside town near Edinburgh) at the end of June so I'd like to lose some by then. Ideally I'd like to get below 10st 6 (I was 10st 7 a month a half ago!) as soon as possible. I'm not going to make any grand plans at the moment because my main goal should just be to stop the binge eating and start to eat normal quantities of food for meals and snacks.

I can do the whole eat when I'm hungry, stop when i'm full thing on holiday, plus I tend to be more relaxed about food. I started doing a CBT program to overcome binge eating last year ( did really well for about 8 weeks then freaked out and stopped but plan to have another go when I feel ready) and it did say that the major cause of bingeing is overly restrictive dieting plus unattainable perfectionist standards and I can see the truth in that in my case. I am learning my triggers now so thats progress.

Hope the restart has gone well - it's nice and neat to start on the 1st lol! Sounds like you have some good goals to work towards but I think you're right to just aim for eating normal quantities while you regroup. Good luck, x

That sounds really good- was it group CBT? or self-help CBT? I would really like to try it for binge-eating (I've had one-to-one CBT for other problems in the past). That's great that you are able to stay on track when things are calmer. :)

My restart was ok yesterday but I'm doing a little better today.

Breakfast: 1 piece of toast with flora and jam
Lunch: Tomato soup
Small tortilla with 40g cheese
Quavers
Dinner: Spaghetti with med vegetable sauce, cheese, salad and spinach
Dessert:

How are you getting on today?

That sounds really good- was it group CBT? or self-help CBT? I would really like to try it for binge-eating (I've had one-to-one CBT for other problems in the past). That's great that you are able to stay on track when things are calmer. :)

Glad to hear you're back on track :) I've had a good couple of days too thanks, and feel like I've put Thursday behind me now.

It's a self-help program, though it does say you can use it with a therapist if you struggle on your own, which I might consider. I struggle with admitting that I binge but might feel more able after making myself be honest about it on here.
It's called Overcoming Binge-Eating by a psychology professor called Christopher Fairburn. It's got 5 stages to it - I made it through 1-4 really well but I think I started 5 too quickly. You're supposed to stop strict dieting in stage 5 and add the foods you avoid back into your diet but I didn't cope well with that bit. When I do it again I think I'll spend more time on 1-4 and then really slow down adding foods back so it doesn't scare me too much. I want to get to a healthy weight before I start so that I'm not worrying about losing weight and trying to stop bingeing at the same time.

Hope you have another strong day today - can't believe how miserable the weather is today!

You should have a look at paleo. ...I did it when I started my diet back in September and it helped me to get in control of my eating habits. ... it is strict and quite limited but after a couple of weeks you get into the swing of it. ... I stuck with it for a while then slowly added other food in. ... touch wood I've not had a binge anywhere close to my old standards!

I'm still staying away from alcohol now as that I know will be my downfall! I only drink if I'm out for a special occasion now x

Hey Bella - just a quick msg to say I hope you're doing ok :wave_cry:

Back