It's Now Or Never

Wow well done! 5lbs is awesome also that rice in your tum must've been heavy! Heehee!

Wow, 5lb is fantastic! Know what you mean about the sinking feeling of how long the journey to skinnyness may be, but hopefully we will all get there before too long xx

Well I did wonder at that, but I had my meal before last week too. I try and eat with my son Monday and Wednesday after school, as I'm working the other days. It's our family meal time. It might only be the two of us, but its just ad important as if we were a big family. :)

Ok, am gonna try and write this from my phone, so bear with me if there are lots of typos.

Breakfast: frozen fruit (including cranberries, which were really tart so I added low cal sweetener), branflakes (HEb) plus shape yoghurt.
Snack: clementine
Lunch: couscous, roasted veg. Apple for afters.
Snack: banana
Tea: clementine, quorn beany casserole, 2 corn on the cob (i loved them, delish!). Banana for after.
Skimmed milk in tea throughout day (HEa)

Work manic again. A whole bunch of functionality doesn't seem to be working correctly and its all getting very fraught. Still, I'm so busy its taken my mind completely off the lattes and choc chip cookies.

Anyway, sleepy time now.

P. x

Wednesday Jan 26th
Breakfast: mixed frozen fruit, a little sweetener, shape yoghurt, branflakes (HEb)
Snack: couldn't help myself - thin omlette made with 1 egg and a little dash of milk from HEa allowance. 5 rashers of lean back bacon (grilled). 1 clementine. Maybe I should really call this an early lunch. I just had the munchies and wanted savoury stuff.
Lunchtime snack: mixed fruit, sweetener (1 tspn) and another shape yohurt
Dinner: 3 quorn sausages, 2 corn on the cob and some of these SW chips I keep hearing about.
I will no doubt snack on more fruit throughout the day (apple, banana or clementine).

Skimmed milk for my HEa.

It's my homeworking day today and naughtily have still not got off my butt and gone swimming. Won't happen now, too much to do before I pick the bairn up from school. My day was thrown as I woke up late, due to being awake half the night worrying about work, and then had to take my son to the doctors just to check his ongoing cough out (his father was whinging about it at the weekend). So the day has been a bit odd really.

Gonna get on with my work now for the next 2-3 hours so that I can finish off with a clean conscience at half three. I've then got my son's friend over for tea. I shall get the ironing done whilst they're playing, so that I can have my evening to myself once he's gone.

BTW - if any single parents are reading this - have you ever been to, or known someone that has gone to a gingerbread group? I am considering going to one near me, in a bid to get a bit more support with the whole single parenting lark. Thought it might help stop me stressing and worrying over things which are quite normal....

Thanks! :) xx

Last edited:
What's a gingerbread group? I don't think you sound miserable at all! Your food sounds great too. Are you still feeling all full? Let me know how the chippies turn out! My favourite new chip dip is quark (nicest one is from Morrisons I think) mixed with chopped up chillis but the chillis you get in a jar! Mmmm!

I had syns too - I nicked one of my sons Geobars (the apricot one) - 6.5 syns. I actually felt guilty having them too. It was quite tasty though, and I made a point of slowing down and trying to savour each bite. :) But Ive been peckish all day today for some reason. Didn't have my usual stodgy lunch so maybe that is something to do with it. About to crack on with the chips right now.

Gingerbread is a single parent charity. They local groups throughout the country. I just dread turning up and it all being a bit needy.

I'm happier now as I have just had a chat with my sons teacher. He is having issues with his writing - but they were trying to go down the SENCO route. So having convinced them that is not appropriate (which it isn't) - we can now focus on the issue in hand, namely building his confidence and writing skills up. Trouble with him is that he's a very bright boy, and he's never had to try at anything in his life. But he has struggled with the writing and he just doesn't know how to cope with that. We have some challenges and tasks now, at home and school - which he has bought into (partly down to bribery on my part) and means we have something measurable. I'm happier for having a plan though. :)

2 weeks ago I'd have bought an Indian takeaway to celebrate that! :D

Good on ya Pinkie. You sound like you are a really great mum. I wish for my sake as a teacher there were more mums like you around!!! How old is your son? xxx

Thursday 27th January

Well I'm pretty proud of myself today - foodwise at least. One of the guys in the office bought cake for his birthday - and these are seriously nice cakes too. I even went with him to get them! One chocolate swirly cake, and one lemon chiffon cake. Oh the lemon chiffon is to die for. (Konditor and Cook if there are any Londoners reading - though of course, don't go there yourself!!!). I didn't have a single nibble! Not a crumb, or even a sneaky whip round the edge of the box with my finger to taste the icing. I have been incredibly busy at work, which always helps. But I stuck to my lunch and fruit. Can't believe I didn't buckle. But I'm pleased anyway.

So food for today:

Breakfast: usual frozen fruit, branflakes (HEb) and shape yoghurt
Milk in tea throughout day (HEa)
Snack: apple and clementine
Lunch: couscous and roasted veggies (need to get diff ideas for next week I think)
Snack: clementine and banana (no cake!)
Dinner: 2 packs of stir fry veg (with some frylight, soy sauce and a dash of worcestershire sauce), 3 quorn sausages sliced and fried in frylight. More frozen fruit and a shape yoghurt for pud.
0 syns today.
6.5 syns this week.

I just don't do cooking after work. I get in too late, have to sort both of our lunch boxes out for the next day - cooking is never going to happen then. A quick stir fry is about as far as I go! I feel much better for having the veggies though - I love my veg.

Am going to bed with my various SW books/leaflets etc and am gonna think about what I could try next week. Like I say I need to try some different lunches. But the couscous did work well this week in that I made a batch of it and a batch of roasted veg on Monday, and that did me for 3 packs up for work. It makes my life easier. The trouble with my salads when I used to do them (when I have lost weight before) - is that they seem to time consuming and my evenings after work are long enough as it is. Maybe I'll feel different when the weather improves.

So I shall get my thinking cap on there.

I'm out tomorrow night at football. That will be fine in itself, but I need to think of something I can eat on the fly, so is convenient - but also doesn't kill the diet. Obviously I have loads of syns available to me, so may have to eat into that (geddit, geddit!?) :D

Anyway, I'm off to bed now - very full after all the veg and fruit. But I'm sure it must be good for me.

P. x

Mobile attempt again.

Had football last night and a really nice evening as it goes. We won 2-0 yay! I go with my Dad though, and his business partner came along too yesterday, who was on good form. So it was a good giggle. Also bumped into various other friends on the way to the game, so the usual banter with them. Just rounded it sll off to a good night. Plus the foorballer that got MoM (Tamika Mkandawire) is actually a bit of a sort close up - result! Lol Footballers aren't my cup of tea to be honest, but I think its always a pleasant bonus when there us some nice scenery for a change. :)

I was sooooo busy yesterday. Only just made the game really. But ended up eating a small slice of 'the cake'. Didn't have anything else all evening though. So my food.....

Breakfast: frozen fruit, shape yoghurt and branflakes (HEb).
Snack throughout day: 2 bananas, 2 apples, 3 clementines, milk in tea (HEa)
Lunch: couscous, roasted veg, 3 quorn sausages - sliced and fried in some frylight.
Tea: small slice of lemon chiffon cake (i'm calling it 20 syns).
Late snack: couple if time pieces of hit and spicy chicken.

So I think that names me 26.5 syns so far this week.

And I feel great today as I have no hangover. :)

Those cakes are gorgeous! I doubt it was 20 syns but if you want to be absolutely sure you will definitely be safe at 20! Was it yummy?

Glad you had fun at the footie. Hope you're having a nice weekend Pinkie. xx

Tried writing this last night, and then my stupid HTC decided to reboot unexpectedly. Dammit.

Anyway, I'll quickly write up what I've eaten. But OMG I managed to spend £100 (after staff discount) on my food shopping this week. In order to stay in budget my remaining weekly shop CANNOT go over £53. That said, I have a little stock up now in the freezer so maybe it will get better. Bloody hope so!

Saturday 29th January
Breakfast: frozen fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape yoghurt
Snack: skimmed milk in tea throughout day (HEa), banana
Very late lunch: savoury rice, carrots, green beans
Dinner: lamb and chicken shish kebab (oh god it was heavenly!), large white pitta bread (9.0 syns), LOADS of shredded salad veg (I asked for a double portion)

Total syns for day: 9
Total syns for week:35.5

Sunday 30th January:
Breakfast: 2 quorn sausages (grilled), 2 rashers of back bacon (grilled), baked beans, 1 grilled tomato, mushroom, egg fried in frylight (for first time ever done to my perfection too, yummy)
Snack: diet coke, 1 apple, 2 clementines, 2 x Alpen light bars (HEb), milk in tea throughout day (HEa)
Late lunch/tea: roasted leg of lamb (from this months' mag), potatoes, curly kale, carrots, green beans. Frozen fruit and shape yoghurt for afters.
Later snack: 2 clementines, banana

Total syns for day: 0
Total syns for week:35.5

Tonight will be beef stir fry (my sons favourite) with egg noodles. Not sure about lunch yet - trying to think of something quick for my superfree business.

Feeling a little better all the time with this diet. I notice in some ways I'm eating less, but I'm eating healthy nutritious food rather than junk rubbish. So I guess that's actually satisfying my bodies nutritional needs, hence I feel fuller and stay fuller for longer. (I am a big believer in listening to your body and it's cravings - something I first noticed when pregnant - so I believe that if I am giving my body what it needs, I am less likely to be on the want for food all the time. Really, it's a miracle I'm a lardy bum in the first place, if I only I listened to my body properly eh?) Hope at least some of that made sense :)

Weigh in tonight, so I'll write back later with my new weight (fingers crossed it's a good one) and food for the day.

Toodlepip!

I know what you mean... I generally feel much better in myself, even though my weight loss so far has been little. It's definitely making me feel more confident, and I was chuffed on Saturday morning when my mum said that she could definitely see a difference. Although I can't.

I'm weighing in tonight, too - so here's to Lumpy Monday! Let me know how you get on :) xx

Back