I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!! TARGET!

You look fab x

well done

thank you for the encouraging words these diets do work they just need self discipline. Well done on reaching your target

That is amazing- and really inspiring (especially for someone like me at the beginning of that journey)
I want to write that down - Chose which hard you want!

Keep it up :)

Ha - I so identify with that! An example...on Monday I went out for lunch and had a cheese sandwich and a few fries. Normally I would think ' Well, I've eaten cheese, bread and fries so I might as well write off the rest of the day now and stop off at Waitrose and pick up sone Kettle chips and a trifle. ' What I try very hard to do these days is think like a thin person... A naturally slim person would think ' that was a nice lunch. I'm full now and I won't eat again until I'm hungry...' and then they'd just get on with the day.

So I did this and had some Ryvita and fruit at about 6 ish when I started to feel a little peckish. Must admit, it feels weird to do that though.. battling against old, ingrained habits plus my tendency to eat compulsively. I've also been here twice before - lost a lot of weight and then back on it goes. This is the first time I have considered what it means to maintain though.

And re your 3 X 2 stone to go.. well, so did I last may, near as dammit. And trust me, if I can do it, anyone can. Application, vigilance at all times and make yourself the complete priority.

That is something I really identify with- I need to start thinking like a naturally thin person. When I started this diet and until a week or so ago I was saying "when I'm off this diet I am going to eat [insert long list of food]" I have now identified that I am going to have to top that and start thinking that I can eat what I want but in sensible amounts and not all the time. I am a stone off target, halfway there and really struggling back on it today though.

Only a stone off target ? Try really hard to keep your focus - it's worth it ultimately

Yes - unfortunately maintenance doesn't mean you can suddenly eat what you like ! Having a treat can't be every day sadly - unless you want to put weight back on . I am maintaining 9 stone 1 by being very strict durin the week - and I mean strict !! - and having a treat or two at the weekend . Again , I don't give myself two days ' off ' I just have a pudding once or pasta or a glass of wine . Not all of those and not all weekend .

So it's accepting that that's the hardest thing. And I write down everything I eat . Maintenance is harder than dieting

Well done thats amazing, I love your advice it has definetly inspired me to get on with it and stop moaning about being overweight.
:) xx

Hello! Ah you can moan - par for the course on a diet!

I see from your stats that you want to lose 7 stone 12 lbs and you want to do this via SW?

A few tips for you - feel free to ignore completely, but they're ideas that worked for me...

1. Amend your goal weight on here. If I were you I would make my goal weight 17 stone 13lbs. Obviously this is just a first mini goal but you would be surprised at how motivating this can be for you. It's achievable and you'll feel great when you hit it. Then .... amend your target again. Maybe 16 stone 13 and so on and so forth. Doing this means you never feel overwhelmed.

2. My controversial tip! Don't eat SW's 'free' foods of pasta, potatoes and rice. SW folk jump on me when I say this but really - don't eat unlimited quantities of these foods. No white carbs and an eye on whole wheat carbs. I'm NOT a low carber or anything - I actually believe in everything in moderation - but I see so many STS or half pound losses and it's usually down to mounds of pasta.

I'll shut up now. Thanks for commenting

Well done greta grip I'm an awe of what u have achieved and u look amazing

I totally agree with what u say about the free food on sw it's so true! It's all very much about portion control and surely all that pasta rice and potato will lead to a carb overload

I really Enjoyed reading your a very inspirational woman!! I am on my third attempt at Slimming World. I did lose over 4 stone but put stone back on. tried doing it at home with no support. So fresh start this week Weigh in Wednesday so fingers crossed a good weight loss. Its reading Journeys like yours that keep me focused. xx

Back