January TS buddies

Well done everyone for making it through the day so far. Had one shake so far as I find the hunger pangs are worse in the evening & that is when naughty thoughts of food start to pop into my head. Having porridge in a little while & will probably have a caffe latte with vanilla & coffee later tonight. Stay strong

Hi Peeps - can I join? I'm a January starter too - Day 5 for me and so far so good... not feeling hungry so I am really hoping that I have reached ketosis

I'm Deb and I am planning to move to Australia in August so I have 7 months to lose 8 stone. I have did Cambridge Diet about 2 years ago and lost about 7 stone but unfortunately I put about 4 stone back on :( So here I am to do this for the last time and I am really glad to to some company on this crazy journey!

I have never stayed on TS for longer than 10 days so my first goal is to make it 2 weeks. My weigh day is on Wednesday so fingers x I get a good result.

Good luck everyone :)

Hi Deb. You can lose 8 stone in that amount of time so stick with it. Come on here regularly for extra support Where about are you going to in Australia. I Just came back from visiting my sister in a place called Falcon in Western Australia. Such a big & beautiful country. Just think of how good you will feel arriving at the airport that much lighter.

Hi all can I join in?

All my food packs arrived today so I'll be starting on exante tomorrow. I did lighterlife about 7 years ago and dropped almost 6 stone but over the years I'm ashamed to say have piled most of it back on :(

I'm 40 in April and really want to shift 2 stone by then, so that's my main focus.

A stone by the end of Jan would be fabulous so I'll aim for that to start with.

Good luck everyone x

Hi Karla, welcome to the forum. Snap, I did LL seven years ago too. This is much the same except you need to come on here regularly for the support. It is a very good forum with lots motivational tips. Good luck tomorrow, you can do it.

Last edited:
Hi Karla
I'm on day 1 today and it's not been to bad but I've been kinna busy with work and other bits. I think for the first bit im just gonna be focusing on getting thru each day step by step.
Welcome to the group x

Start Weight: 194lbs
Goal Weight: 140 lbs
Total Loss so far:
1st goal - get thru day 1
2nd goal - get thru week
3rd goal - lose 14lbs

I only have soups, shakes and bars, went for a bumper pack. May get some meals in a couple of weeks.
Just had the Thai chicken soup, quite difficult to mix. I knew it wouldn't be my favourite flavour, but was better than I expected! Had lots to drink, so far day one is better than expected. i daresay day 2 will be tougher.

Thanks for the welcome every one, lets keep each other going!

Tiggy, stock up on some headache pills just in case. You might start to feel cold too so plenty of hot drinks will help.

Thanks for that Susie I will take some to work with me tomorrow!

Good advise Susie, I'd forgotten about the headaches and feeling cold! Must remember the paracetamol tomorrow ;)

Hi all, day 1 for me too. I'm doing working solution but hoping to do as many days as I can manage of total (using the theory that its better to plan to do WS and have a bonus TS day than to plan to do TS and have a "failure" of a WS day). So, my goal is for the next 4 weeks and its to stick to a minimum of working solution for the whole time. 1 day down - 27 to go :)

Well done jobe, sounds like a good plan to me. Hope day 2 goes well.

PS tiggytoo I had the thai chicken soup today too, put it in the blender and it came out perfect! Thought I'd try the blender as I found the Tom one a bit lumpy yesterday with just the whisk

Sent from my C6833 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done goingtosortit. Have a good day tomorrow

Hi everyone! i wanted to start my Exante on 1st Jan but didn't start until it arrived on 3rd, however i had other meal replacements on 1st and 2nd, so i'm still going to have my first weigh on on 8th (tech day 6 of exante but 1 week on diet) wish you all good luck this month! :)

Day 1 starts here....

I actually had a tomato soup for my dinner last night so I've technically started already, but this will be my first full day ;)

Weighed in yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to have only put 2lb on over Christmas! My start weight is still horrid but it's not as bad as expected so small mercies and all that!

Good luck Karla.
Going to sort it, I whizzed the soup with a hand whisk as I had read in several places can be difficult to get rid of lumps. Choc shake today and going to work armed with paracetamol! Thought I would wake in the night feeling hungry, but didn't! So happy with that!!

Keep positive on day 2 everyone!

Morning all. Day 6 and things are starting to click into place. Managed to get back on the bike this morning and cycle to work despite the end of days style rain. It was harder work than usual so I just took it easy.

Time to go and make my shake.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi everyone ?

I'll join in with this - I really want to lose at least a stone before the end of January! Optimistic I know lol!

I'm on day 6 and have been 100%. Only 3 packs and gallons of water have passed my lips and to be honest I've found it easy, too easy, it's got me wondering whether I'm actually in ketosis or not because I've not had any headaches or other ketosis type symptoms. Hmm

Anyway good luck to everyone who's on exante and I look forward to seeing some good results for everyone!

Shaunna x

Hi All, Hope you dont mind me joining!

I started at 12.11 and my goal is 9.5/9 stone by my wedding in April.

Today is day 7 for me and I had my first weigh in - Week 1 loss = 11lbs

Weight now at 12st.
:D
This week has been hard, but i am now in ketosis and not feeling the hunger so much.... just the boredem makes make me crave and fancy food... its clear food is more of a mental need for me!

My first goal is to get in to the 11s - i have been stuck going up and down from 12s to 12s + for years

Keep going guys! x:)

Back