Jelly Sweets the SW way

Hello. I made these today following this recipie: From Miss to Mrs: Jelly Sweets, The Slimming World Way
I thought the molds were a cute idea so I got all my favourite moulds out and mixed up two lots of jelly and poured them in and left them to set for about 5 hours. The were set like jelly. But when I tried to take them out the mould they were all sticking to it. I didn't manage to get a single one out in one piece.

She said to use 6 leafs, there was 12 in the packet. so I used 6 for each batch, but I did expect them to be a little harder. They were definitely more chewy then jelly but not massively.

Does any one have any advice? I tried using hot water but that melted them & ruined the designs but didn't really help release them!

It's not that big of a deal but I really wanted them to look nice too!

Thank you! :D

I just poured mine into a lunch box sized tupperware container so the jelly mixture was only about 1-2cm deep then when set I used a knife and cut width ways across the container and made 'snakes', my 5 year old daughter hasn't stopped eating them!!

The first time I did it I used the flexible ice cube trays, I used the long thin ones that you can put into bottles, but like you I couldn't get them out in one piece. The tupperware worked a treat though.

Hmm made this today and it doesn't seem to have worked. I'm guessing it's because I just chucked the gelatine sheets straight into the boiling water/jelly mix when I should have softened them in cold water first.
Thing is because it's a bit thicker and has a funny harder 'crust' to it, it doesn't even taste that nice as jelly. Never mind I'll try again tomorrow I think!

Back