For those who asked, here is my food diary for the week...

SAT - 4 syns
Breakfast - coffee at group
Lunch - 2 Hifi Light bars and yogurt
Dinner - speedy spaghetti bolognese

SUN - 8 syns
Breakfast - muesli
Lunch - greek yogurt with honey and watermelon
Dinner - speedy spaghetti bolognese

MON - 6 syns
Breakfast - coffee and yogurt
Lunch - mushroom, avocado and poached egg on toast
Dinner - pasta n sauce

TUE - 13 syns
Breakfast - yogurt with berries and honey and a Hifi bar
Lunch - mug shot and salad
Dinner - beef stir fry with rice noodles

WED - 7.5 syns
Breakfast - yogurt with honey and a Hifi bar
Lunch - chicken salad
Dinner - mushroom omelette and sweet potato chips

THU - 1 syn
Breakfast - coffee, apple and a Hifi bar
Lunch - sweet potato with cottage cheese, chicken, tomato and cucumber
Dinner - salmon fillet with onion and sweet potato gratin and Parmesan on top plus broccoli and asparagus

FRI - 12 syns
Breakfast - muesli and an apple
Lunch - chicken and rice noodles and an apple
Dinner - mushroom, spinach and cheese omelette and a large glass of red wine

Cinnamon French Toast

I tried out the recipe from the new Slimming World magazine and it turned out lovely.

Cinnamon French Toast with natural yogurt, raspberries and strawberries (image below)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 13
Cinnamon French Toast

I tried out the recipe from the new Slimming World magazine and it turned out lovely.

Cinnamon French Toast with natural yogurt, raspberries and strawberries (image below)
Hi Jen, French toast looks great will be trying that tomorrow, also where can I buy scan bran I fancy setting myself a new weekly challenge x

Here to sub! Good luck on your journey, you'll be there in no time, doing brilliantly xx

Made the French toast today after my 7 mile walk ... Really nice , next time I may add a bit more cinnamon and sweetener.
I used a little less sweetener and more cinnamon than the recipe called for and loved it. You can easily adapt it to your taste. I've just bought a zero calorie maple syrup which I'm going to drizzle over next time I make it - can't wait! :D

I used a little less sweetener and more cinnamon than the recipe called for and loved it. You can easily adapt it to your taste. I've just bought a zero calorie maple syrup which I'm going to drizzle over next time I make it - can't wait! :D
Zero calorie maple syrup.... Where did you find that ? I love maple syrup on pancakes but I'm more than happy to try it on French toast

Well done for your first week loss!

My diet history is very similar to yours, when will we learn huh... I'm back for another restart at a similar weight to yours, at the moment doing food replacement (I currently hate my life and the whole world haha) just to get a few stone shifted asap and then I want to go a more sustainable diet so I'm nosing through all the slimming world diarys to see if it is something I could do

Well done for your first week loss!

My diet history is very similar to yours, when will we learn huh... I'm back for another restart at a similar weight to yours, at the moment doing food replacement (I currently hate my life and the whole world haha) just to get a few stone shifted asap and then I want to go a more sustainable diet so I'm nosing through all the slimming world diarys to see if it is something I could do
Hi, we never learn do we? Because the fatty foods are just so delicious!

I tried Exante but didn't get past lunchtime on day one. I lost around 10 lbs on Slim Fast in March but I found is too difficult. I love food too much and that's why I think Slimming World is the perfect one for me.

If you love variety in your food and don't mind cooking then I would definitely recommend Slimming World. You can make healthy versions of your favourite meals - Slimming World roast potatoes are amazing! - which actually taste really good (not like the low cal ready meals in supermarkets which are just small portions of blandness).

In a strange sort of way I'm glad I weighed in at my heaviest ever because now I can collect all of my shiny sticker awards and certificates without explaining "I've lost an extra stone on top of that".

I'd say go along to your nearest group and see what you think. There is a free joining voucher in one of the woman's weekly mags this week (might be Bella) and you can get fairly substantial losses in your first few weeks. I'm hoping to lose 7 stone on Slimming World then also follow the plan when I decide to start a family throughout pregnancy. Fair play to you for being so strict with yourself but with Slimming World you can be kind to your tastebuds and waistline at the same time - I don't work for them, I promise!

Let me know how you are getting on and if you do decide to join xx

Slimming world definitely does sound like something I could do, I am only planning on doing exante for 4 or 6 weeks, to just give my weight loss a really good kick start but to be fair if I could have the same kind of loss you have had, slimming world would do that anyway!

Back