Joes sausages

I had the chinese style pork steaks tonight they were lush just like bbq spare ribs, had them with free egg fried rice (i soooooo love extra easy, what diet? ) x

just looked at the site. Prices seem reasonable. Would be worried I would spend the min. and then not like the items though. My budget is too tight to play with right now lol

I'm lucky i have a local butcher who does syn free sausages and they're delicious :D:D

£59 does sound a lot, but equally the descriptions of his food sound delicious. I'm rubbish at buying meat because I resent how expensive it is BUT if you ever watch those programmes about the quality of different meats they will shock you into buying proper quality sausages...I might give Joe a chance when I'm feeling flush!

A REVIEW: Joes sausages!

hello everybody :)

I had my delivery yesterday, and tonight i had Pork & Apple sausages , mash and veg with gavey :) It was gorgeous.

I know some of you have concidered ordering but the price is steep admittedly, so i thought i'd give you a proper review.. start to finish! lol

so, i ordered a total of 17 packs between three of us - lots of varies different meats!, which was alot to remember, but the site is so easy to use, it really wasnt any problem.

When it came to paying, it could be quite confusing as it only has one button that says 'pay by paypal' - i, dont personally have a paypal account.. but it says in small print 'You dont need a paypal account to pay' but for some reason or another you just have to press the button!?
If you order 16 packs or over, you will qualify for free delivery. The bigger your order the bigger a discount you get.. - which is very handy if you'l be ordering in big groups.

It takes you through comfirming your order, you enter your card details and thats it, job done. They then give you the option to set up a paypal account afterwards if you wanted too.. you then recieve emails confirming your order, telling you what the bill will appear as on your statement etc.

You can then log onto joes sausages and track your order. If you order before 9am, you qualify for next day delivery, however i ordered at 1pm on monday, and my delivery came as expected on wednesday, by 10am.

The meat comes in a big brown box, within it is a polysterine case, containing all your meats, everything is shrink wrapped and cleary states what each meat is.. with different coloured packages for easy identification! to keep it all fresh there are little cool bags stuffed in, this is to ensure it stays fresh for up to 48 hours, on the chances that delivery is delayed. The delivery is made by ParcelForce, and they also send you confirmation to your email address.

The meats freeze really well and are super yummy.

I took 4 sausages out and defrosted, but they werent quite thawed by the time it came to cooking so i microwaves for 1 minute, wacked it them in the oven at 200* and they took about 20 minutes. They were gorgeous. I am SO excited to eat the rest of my meat!

They also include a full check list of your order and some joes sausages leaflets stating all the meats they offer for future reference, or like me.. i took mine to my sw group to share!

my only other tip is to time it for your meats to arrive when you start your SW week. It meant my weekly shop was cheaper as i planned all my meals around the food i'd ordered and didnt overbuy uneeded foods on my shop.

P.s - if you order the chinese chicken, i warn.. it looks like a bloody mess (literally) its not, its the chinese sauce!

xxxx

Fern, what a great review, going to make my order on payday, can the packs be split up and frozen?

Emma xx

Thanks for that, excellent review. I've been considering ordering from Joe's but was unsure. You've answered loads of my questions, thanks!

Fab review, thanks for taking the time to help us all... will get ordering tonight

I'd like to order but cannot justify the cost of the 6 packs (minimum order) let alone the delivery charge :( - was tempted to get the Sausages and the Burgers / Meat stick thingies...... Enjoy your meatfest - LOL ;)

Can I just ask, how did they compare tastewise with, say, supermarket low fat sausages, or Weightwatchers?

also, I notice you said you took four out of a pack and cooked them. Are they easy to separate when frozen then?

Thanks

How much is delivery if you dont order enough please?

Am really tempted

Great review chick! And accurate!! I'm coming to the end of my order- down to my last 8 chipolatas and yearning for more!! I'm waiting for payday and then once again I'll be in syn-free meat heaven!!!X

Thanks for the review Fern
Cant wait to be back in the UK and to try these!!!
It will be one of the first things i do. Put in my order for Joe's sausages LOL

Have been looking at Joe's site, and wondering what they are like.....

Thank you Fern, for a great review, will be a bit more confident in ordering now...

Jack_D

Just google Joes sausages and you'll easily find it

Back