Journey to a new me........

Thanks for reading and your positive comments. I'm still eating too many syns and fall off the wagon on a daily basis but I am doing better than I was pre slimming world and although my journey may be a long, scenic one at least the weight is beginning to come off instead of on!

I think the for and against list has been the most powerful thing I've done to motivate me. Yesterday for example I had a big argument with my husband, stomped out of the house fuming and my first thought was food and bingeing. I drove out of the driveway with my mind full of thoughts of McDonald's drive thru and stuffing my face to feel better and stop me feeling so angry when I suddenly thought to myself....what if I don't eat anything? What if I take some deep breaths, go and see my dad, have a nice cup I coffee and try to deal with my feelings without food? And I did! I coped without food and bingeing and had a nice day with my dad and ate lunch and then dinner on plan. It felt weird as I am so used to using food to cope but I felt very proud!

I have 3 small children who are 5,3 and 2 and this in itself creates a lot of stress. A huge amount of my weight gain has been due to the stress of having small children so close in age and using food to cope with stressful situations. My youngest starts nursery next week for 2 mornings a week so I will finally have 2 mornings to myself. I'm hoping this will help my journey as I'll finally have some me time! Yay!

I hope everyone is having a good day. I'm throwing a children's halloween party tomorrow Morning for my children and some of their friends so there will be lots of temptation but I've also planned to make some sw friendly food. I'm off now to start my preparation! X x

Ahhhhhh! Just eaten my body weight in snacks whilst preparing food for the party tomorrow and now my husband is on about getting pizza tonight. He just doesn't get it! Ok....I need to step away from the food and carry on with my planned dinner of Quorn burgers and salad. I CAN DO THIS! X

You CAN do it, bit of determination and will power, which you have already showed you can have by visiting your Dad and not McDonalds! :)
I remember the times when my kids were small they are 14, 18 & 19 now, but you didn't have any time for yourself:sigh:
but maybe when you get those few hours a week it will give you a bit of breathing /thinking time to sort more things out....I know it was a relief when i finally had time to myself! :)

Keep trying , you will sort it out soon :)

Well done on your loss! I am with you on pizza cravings they are one of the things I miss most as I could quite easily demolish one by myself :/ . Stay strong and remember your syns are there to be used on stuff you enjoy no need to feel bad for indulging a little ;)

Hiya hope your week has been better. Just wanted to subscribe as I have similar view on food and use it to deal with stress. I too have been messing around with the plan for tha last few weeks on my own. Went to a group today and still came away and ate 5 Jaffa cakes. What's that all about! Lol! Good luck and hope this week has improved for you.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back