Journey to find the slimmer me :)

1st pack underway.... Original oatmeal. It tastes nice but the texture is not so good! How do I get it smooth as I'm sure not all these lumps should be in it! :-/
WT x

Morning! Personaly i dont like the oatmeal/porridge as they remind me of lumpy chicken soup. I'm not sure what to suggest but didnt want to read and run. Have a great day!

I use one of those little egg whisks on mine. I don't like 'the feel' of any of the meals, but they taste ok! Good to read your diary. Good luck, I'm not far behind you, I started (again) today xx

I did whisk it but it was still a little lumpy! I'm on my 4th 'pint' (only water unfortunately!) and one pack down but am getting very hungry (or am I bored). Trying to deciding if I should have a soup now and then another pack later with veg and a bar tonight OR hold out with half a bar now then chicken and mushrooms with curry pack and cauli followed by the other half the bar........

Going for half a bar now! The curry sounds too good :)

I am filling up on coffee at the moment. I am having the chilli for lunch with some chopped celery (the only thing in the fridge that's left after Christmas that is on the allowed list!) Hot cafe latte late this afternoon and a chocolate shake this evening.

The curry is a bit runny and so I had it with mushrooms. I have to admit that I don't look forward to the meals and I am not keen on soups, I prefer the shakes, but I am sure I will get used to them in time. I will have too ;)

Hi :eek:
Hope you dont mind if I follow your diary, I am starting at a similar weight and have a similar goal!

I start on Monday as I am away for a family get together for the rest of this week!

Dee x

More the merrier Dee :) although it'll probably just be me moaning and complaining! Have you got your stats up? I'll get on the pc soon so can have a look. Good Luck!

I am filling up on coffee at the moment. I am having the chilli for lunch with some chopped celery (the only thing in the fridge that's left after Christmas that is on the allowed list!) Hot cafe latte late this afternoon and a chocolate shake this evening.

The curry is a bit runny and so I had it with mushrooms. I have to admit that I don't look forward to the meals and I am not keen on soups, I prefer the shakes, but I am sure I will get used to them in time. I will have too ;)

I'm the other way round, I'm not keen on the shakes so I've adding coffee to all of them so far! I'm hoping the meals are good so I can use those instead of a shake or I'm not going to get very far! I've not tried the soup yet either so am hopeful they're ok!

Well dinner was nice .... I think. I marinated the chicken in some madras powder before cooking it with mushrooms and cauli then poured on the curry (made as per instructions). The 1st mouthful was lovely but as I went on I found it a struggle to eat it all but not because it wasn't nice, I was just full up I think :confused: I think hubby jinxed me when he asked how many meals that was for!!
I've drunk 3.5 litres of water and had 2 coffees but I feel 'weird' tonight. A bit lightheaded and a dry/numb mouth. I'd quite like to just get into bed now but I have to nip out :(

Oh and I'm not too keen on the choc, vanilla and almond bar! I'm gutted I didn't get any mac cheese in my sample pack too, I really wanted to try that! Oh well I suppose I can just order some with the next order which I suppose I better start thinking about :D

After my other 1/2 bar later with a cheeky coffee that's day 2 complete :D

WT x

Hey

Stats are up so have a wee noses when your at the PC x

Glad dinner was nice! I'm itching to get started but know I won't stick it when down with family from tomorrow x

Mmmm your dinner sounded yummy! How did you prepare your chicken and mushrooms? Did you grill them? x

Hey CLou89 :D
I literally chucked everything in the saute pan with a little water and popped the lid on! I know the packs say no fried mushrooms but my interpretaion of that is frying with fat/oil/butter and as they cooked in water it's not frying :D

Oh that's a good idea, I was wondering why we can't fry? Can we not fry with frylight either? X

Hey

Stats are up so have a wee noses when your at the PC x

Glad dinner was nice! I'm itching to get started but know I won't stick it when down with family from tomorrow x

164cm.... what's that in feet and inches?
I had a dither about starting now or in 2 weeks as I've got my nephew's b'day this weekend and my daughters b'day next weekend but I thought (with the help of some on here) that I could be 7lbs down by then if I'm lucky and even if I slip up and have cake (I intend to!) then it should only be a minor set back and not too damaging on the scales :) I cheekily weighed in this morning and after 1 day I've lost what I put on over Christmas (3.5lbs) so I'm halfway to that 7lb already. Having said all of that if I were in your position I would be doing the same as you x I know lots of advice is to try to keep carbs low so you don't feel it quite so much when you start. Have a fab weekend and worry about it on Monday!

Oh that's a good idea, I was wondering why we can't fry? Can we not fry with frylight either? X

As long as you dry fry its fine :)

Day 3 (in the big brother house...!)

I woke up a lot easier this morning (only 1 snooze on the alarm!) but felt really rubbish (sore throat, stuffy nose etc) but I'm not sure if that's the lack of food or the cold coming back. I've had a cup of coffee and 1.5 pints of water so far and contemplating my first pack. I'm supposed to be off out today to a friends and I'm not sure what food/packs to take. I'm thinking a soup for lunch as it will be easier and then a bar as that can just pop in my bag for emergencies.
And a protien/veg/pack meal tonight with the family.

Warning! Ramblings to follow:

So far today I've wanted to eat food..... I'm not hungry, I just want to eat. I find myself thinking is it worth it? How bad is that on day 3???? I know I don't have THAT much weigh to lose and I could lose it slower on another diet but I also know that I won't stick to another diet. I normally get to week 3 and start to cheat a little and then by week 5-7 it's all gone out the window. I know in that time on this diet I could maybe lose 20lbs if I'm 100% and that would be 2 thirds of the way to goal.
My 5 year old daughter asked last night why I wasn't eating the same as them (they had pasta and meatballs, I had curry with chicken and veg). So I explained that mummy is eating differently so we can say goodbye to her wobbly tummy and she (again) told me she likes it because I'm cuddly! She's so sweet <3

I think maybe I'm a little emotional today as it would have been my dad's 80th birthday but he died just over 6 years ago (the week before I found out I was preggers with above daughter). So! Pull my socks up and carry on.

Good Luck everyone else
WT x

Wooo Celeb Big Brother starts tonight! Hehe.. This will be worth it - keep going :-D x

For lunch I had the lemon, yogurt and white choc bar and Oh My Word did I enjoy that! I know it's one of those that you either love of hate but I loved it :) I was going to have a soup but it wasn't to be (at a friends house and no microwave!) so I had 100g of lean ham :-( I've no idea if this is allowed or not but it was that or a big cheese sandwich! I know I would have prefered the sandwich though :-(
Dinner was mushroom pasta with extra mushrooms, a little leek and some shredded white cabbage (all sauted slowly with a pinch of Marigold veg bullion for seasoning) and it was delicious! The pasta was really tasty but my heart sank at the size of the portion :-(
I'm going to try a shake with half water later for a dessert and then an early night or I feel I'm going to fail.

I'm finding this really tough today and I want to eat **stamps foot like a spoilt child**! I've been so tempted all day and my thoughts from this morning have just carried on, upping momentum as we go.

I've had a large glass of Dr Pepper Zero and hopefully that will do the trick but I'm drinking water like there's no tomorrow and it's not distracting me :-(

As much as I want to eat though, I actually want to lose weight a little more at the moment; but I think I'm going to really struggle to get to the weekend :-(

For lunch I had the lemon, yogurt and white choc bar and Oh My Word did I enjoy that! I know it's one of those that you either love of hate but I loved it :) I was going to have a soup but it wasn't to be (at a friends house and no microwave!) so I had 100g of lean ham :-( I've no idea if this is allowed or not but it was that or a big cheese sandwich! I know I would have prefered the sandwich though :-(
Dinner was mushroom pasta with extra mushrooms, a little leek and some shredded white cabbage (all sauted slowly with a pinch of Marigold veg bullion for seasoning) and it was delicious! The pasta was really tasty but my heart sank at the size of the portion :-(
I'm going to try a shake with half water later for a dessert and then an early night or I feel I'm going to fail.

I'm finding this really tough today and I want to eat **stamps foot like a spoilt child**! I've been so tempted all day and my thoughts from this morning have just carried on, upping momentum as we go.

I've had a large glass of Dr Pepper Zero and hopefully that will do the trick but I'm drinking water like there's no tomorrow and it's not distracting me :-(

As much as I want to eat though, I actually want to lose weight a little more at the moment; but I think I'm going to really struggle to get to the weekend :-(

Ham isnt strictly allowed but it wont stop you/kick you out of ketosis.

I have 1 tweak on plan and thats that im allowed any type of lean protein as i dont like fish and im not a lover of chicken.

I allow myself 100g of any protein so 2 eggs 100g cottage cheese pork/ham chicken beef as long as its the leanest i can find.

I dont see the problem as long as its low in fat.

it was Tesco healthy eating ham and as I'm a real fat/rind phobic I won't eat it unless it's completely lean ;)

I had to sit and watch the family eat sausage and chips after I'd cooked it too.......I know there's 'spare' sausage sitting there! It's calling my name LOL!!!! :cry:

La la la la la De dum de dum de dum **fingers in my ears** :D

And why do I have a headache again?

it was Tesco healthy eating ham and as I'm a real fat/rind phobic I won't eat it unless it's completely lean ;)

I had to sit and watch the family eat sausage and chips after I'd cooked it too.......I know there's 'spare' sausage sitting there! It's calling my name LOL!!!! :cry:

La la la la la De dum de dum de dum **fingers in my ears** :D

And why do I have a headache again?

have you recently had a pack? Sometimes i find if i just have got into ketosis that sometimes the carbs in a pack can knock me back out of keto but that shouldnt happen after today.

I wouldnt worry :)

Back