JUDDD 2.0 The Return

Ok finished up this week at 10.4/15 gone, I am pleased with this it's a record for me. Getting back into normal rotations so today and tomorrow UD then back to my DD's Sat, Mon,Wed.

Had a brilliant DD yesterday, some tough spots late afternoon and just before bed, but got through it with a cup of bouillon, just 1.4lbs off for the week but thats my pattern, first tiem round on judd I barely lost (.22lbs) in week 2 so taking the positives.

4.6 to go to get back to my pre holiday weight was hoping to have it done by the end of the month, that might be a struggle though we'll see how next week goes for me.

Ok finished up this week at 10.4/15 gone, I am pleased with this it's a record for me. Getting back into normal rotations so today and tomorrow UD then back to my DD's Sat, Mon,Wed.

Had a brilliant DD yesterday, some tough spots late afternoon and just before bed, but got through it with a cup of bouillon, just 1.4lbs off for the week but thats my pattern, first tiem round on judd I barely lost (.22lbs) in week 2 so taking the positives.

4.6 to go to get back to my pre holiday weight was hoping to have it done by the end of the month, that might be a struggle though we'll see how next week goes for me.

That's fabulous LW. You are really in the zone now. I bet you are close to your pre holiday weight by the end of the month. :)

Only bounced .4 of a lb after my ud yesterday body must be thinking about losing some more soon :D so very pleased with that still 10/15 gone really hope to be close to pre holiday weight by the end of the month. Another ud for me today but not planning on going nuts.

Uuursgh so not back in the zone, had my 2 planned UD's and then yesterday turned into an UD because I let myself be persuaded to go out for lunch as we were out and about, admittedly I could have said no, but I think it was the novelty factor of actually being out of the house with no demonstrations and no crap going on in the streets.

I don't know what to do this week now as I feel I've made a mess of the week already, I was awake half the night deciding on my next move. If I do a dd today my head might feel better but it wrecks my rotations for the week, the best plan I can come up with is not to have any UD's this week and keep them as MD's ( so circa 1200 per day) fast tomorrow and Wednesday as usual.

What is becoming clear is that I am still having trouble getting into my normal UD/DD pattern, and Saturday DD's are not happening when Mr Lanark is here, because obviously he's off and wants to relax, which means drinking beer and eating out, I am going to have to change the way I deal with Saturdays I think or move the whole thing to 24 hour fasting.

I have realised as well I am going to have to start counting cals on UD's, if for nothing else to measure how I am getting on and if I am going over, I simply can't afford to go over during the week if I am going to have the type of weekends I inevitably do, I've been against CC'ing from the start but I think it might be time to get real about that one too.

Uuursgh so not back in the zone, had my 2 planned UD's and then yesterday turned into an UD because I let myself be persuaded to go out for lunch as we were out and about, admittedly I could have said no, but I think it was the novelty factor of actually being out of the house with no demonstrations and no crap going on in the streets.

I don't know what to do this week now as I feel I've made a mess of the week already, I was awake half the night deciding on my next move. If I do a dd today my head might feel better but it wrecks my rotations for the week, the best plan I can come up with is not to have any UD's this week and keep them as MD's ( so circa 1200 per day) fast tomorrow and Wednesday as usual.

What is becoming clear is that I am still having trouble getting into my normal UD/DD pattern, and Saturday DD's are not happening when Mr Lanark is here, because obviously he's off and wants to relax, which means drinking beer and eating out, I am going to have to change the way I deal with Saturdays I think or move the whole thing to 24 hour fasting.

I have realised as well I am going to have to start counting cals on UD's, if for nothing else to measure how I am getting on and if I am going over, I simply can't afford to go over during the week if I am going to have the type of weekends I inevitably do, I've been against CC'ing from the start but I think it might be time to get real about that one too.

Yeah it's the Bank Holiday weekend here as you obviously know and I've already changed my dd to today instead of tomorrow in case Mr Ladybird wants to go out. I would ignore the fact you had another UD and just go to normal rotations from now. MD are too much like normal dieting really and I'm not sure how effective they are. I tend to stay the same on MD ccing. To me the whole point of JUDDDing is being able to be flexible. So you had an extra UD day - don't worry and move on. Maybe if you feel like counting on UDs for a few of them it will put your mind at rest to exactly what you are having but once you know and adjusted accordingly there's no need to keep doing it. I never count UD and think it's the DD's that matter.

*kicks tumbleweed out of the way * where the heck is everyone?

Last edited:
School holidays and a bank holiday.... they've all gone out to have lives :)

I have binned tomorrow's DD cos I will be at home. I will attempt a MD but won't sweat it of it doesn't come out that way.

You probably really know that a weekend DD is never going to work if OH needs to chill - and yours most certainly does at the moment. Don't worry, just keep coming here and us lonely old lags will be here to support you.

Most of all remember, you can't fail this, it fits round your life not the other way round. That's why long term it will work. This week was just a short term eek! I know as was the holiday etc, but you have got to give yourself permission to wobble before you can issue the command to get on with it!

Oh, none of that said what I meant. Shut up moaning, it happened, you're living in interesting times, deal with it!

:D

There's plenty of people on minis- nearly 1220, but few of them are active here! Fellow JUDDDers appear to have bailed out. It's been quiet on this section for months. It might pick up when the lose a bit for Christmas panic starts. :)

There's plenty of people on minis- nearly 1220, but few of them are active here! Fellow JUDDDers appear to have bailed out. It's been quiet on this section for months. It might pick up when the lose a bit for Christmas panic starts. :)

Lol yes the xmas rush, I have to admit I about ready to bail myself, stress & JUDDD don't mix well for me at all, looking at alternatives now :confused:

I think the general quiet is down to the school hols. It must be really hard to do proper fasts when you have kids. And now we have a bank holiday weekend and lots of people suffering diet fatigue. People will be back in the next few weeks. And if we don't get an actual Christmas rush i know we'll get a New Year rush. I mean it wouldn't be the New Year without someone making a weight loss resolution :)

My kids are here all the time. No back to school here. It is harder tho. Baking is particularly trying. So are you thinking about doing something different LW until things calm down?

** I'm here too ** just doing 1 fast/ low kcal day at the mo .. May add more later once I'm back in the swing if it :)

My kids are here all the time. No back to school here. It is harder tho. Baking is particularly trying. So are you thinking about doing something different LW until things calm down?

Yeah I am kinda, because although I haven't said on here I've had quite bad anxiety/stress symptoms and I have felt that DD's make them worse. The last fast I did was Wednesday and I've spent the last few days with palpitations, weak knees and generally feeling like I was going to have a panic attack. I had worked out a while back that fasting whilst stressed was bad if not impossible, but me being me has pressed on with it anyways. I read a bit about it and I think it's something to do with too many stress hormones running around my system and then I go and fast which stresses the body even more and ends up me feeling like a basket case.

So bail! Give your self permission. You know you aren't 'failing', you are setting priorities and being sensible in difficult circumstances.

Set yourself a sensible task, to maintain(ish) and stay safe and sane.

There is, imo, absolutely no sense in setting yourself up for failure. It makes you feel awful, helpless. And you have enough going on without adding self imposed stress to your life.

We can wait for you :)

Yeah I am kinda, because although I haven't said on here I've had quite bad anxiety/stress symptoms and I have felt that DD's make them worse. The last fast I did was Wednesday and I've spent the last few days with palpitations, weak knees and generally feeling like I was going to have a panic attack. I had worked out a while back that fasting whilst stressed was bad if not impossible, but me being me has pressed on with it anyways. I read a bit about it and I think it's something to do with too many stress hormones running around my system and then I go and fast which stresses the body even more and ends up me feeling like a basket case.

Yes that's right about the stress. I find it harder when stressed too. I can only say what you said to me after I had pneumonia which was have a break until you are in a better place physically and mentally. It's no good doing it if you feel awful and it's making things worse. Things are very extreme for you at the moment and you body is obviously saying no. xx

Hmm yes I think I will stick with SW until next week and see if I feel any better in general, this weekend is supposed to be a tester here to see if the troubles are over, if we get through this one quietly then normal life might be back on the agenda.

The curfew has been shortened for us and doesn't kick in until 9pm now except Fridays where it's still 7pm, so some improvement at least.

I think my body has just been in fight/flight mode for too long and thats why I am feeling awful.

Hmm yes I think I will stick with SW until next week and see if I feel any better in general, this weekend is supposed to be a tester here to see if the troubles are over, if we get through this one quietly then normal life might be back on the agenda.

The curfew has been shortened for us and doesn't kick in until 9pm now except Fridays where it's still 7pm, so some improvement at least.

I think my body has just been in fight/flight mode for too long and thats why I am feeling awful.

It sounds like it. I've lived in circumstances that have caused that too ( the floods in 2007 to name one and an earthquake while living abroad) and that was only a week or so of upset but I felt terrible by the end of it. I would wake up in a cold sweat and my heart racing. It took a few weeks to feel normal again and in one case months. At least with SW you won't gain ((hugs)) xx

Back