JUDDD - Introduce Yourself!!

stirky, youve given me the inspiration to try again :)

Thanks Harriet, just shows it really does work, if I can stick to it than anybody can! I love my food me lol! Good luck this time and let us know how you're getting on :)

Working to Maintain a Large Weight-Loss

For the past 4 years I have been working to maintain a large weight-loss.
My signature contains a graphic that shows my Weight Maintenance Plan.

17 years ago I was at my all-time high of 271 lbs when I had open RNY gastric bypass surgery, with no shortening of the intestines which means that all of my food intake continues to be digested...and every calorie counts. Within a year of that surgery, I lost down to 160 lbs, and maintained in the 160s for several years, but then the weight began creeping up and up. When I weighed in the 190 lb range, I realized that if I continued to eat as much as my body allowed, I would return to my high weight again and perhaps beyound. This is when I began to seriously diet again.

I found a computer software journeling program in which I began logging all my food intake every day. This program also gave me the calorie counts of the food. Over about a 16 month period of averaging about 1250 calories a day, I lost an average of about 1 lb per week to reach my ultimate goal of 115 lbs. Since that time I've been working to maintain in an area around my goal weight.

About 3 years ago I first learned about the alternate day plans of JUDDD and QOD, and off and on I have used them to help in this process. Right now I need to drop weight to get back into the blue area of my Maintenance Weight Range. Therefore, this morning I am again starting a JUDDD plan. I find the down days tough, and I welcome all of your support.
:angel:

Hi Brightangel, just said welcome in the other thread but will say it again, welcome to the juddd board!! Wow, your loss and maintenance really is impressive, well done you esp maintaining for so long. THat really is inspiring to all of us. Good luck this time round, sure you'll be back at your goal in no time :D

Hey there just wanted to introduce myself, I've been on slimfast for several months but have hit a plateau so figured I'd follow Stirky's lead and give JUDDD a go.
I'm doing things a bit differently as I'm doing up day (2000), down day (500), medium day (1200) as I find eating all the calories on an upday really hard! I figure its the variation which is important. So I'd like to keep a diary on this forum as I'm no longer following slimfast completely plus you all seem like a really nice bunch!

For the past 4 years I have been working to maintain a large weight-loss.
My signature contains a graphic that shows my Weight Maintenance Plan.

17 years ago I was at my all-time high of 271 lbs when I had open RNY gastric bypass surgery, with no shortening of the intestines which means that all of my food intake continues to be digested...and every calorie counts. Within a year of that surgery, I lost down to 160 lbs, and maintained in the 160s for several years, but then the weight began creeping up and up. When I weighed in the 190 lb range, I realized that if I continued to eat as much as my body allowed, I would return to my high weight again and perhaps beyound. This is when I began to seriously diet again.

I found a computer software journeling program in which I began logging all my food intake every day. This program also gave me the calorie counts of the food. Over about a 16 month period of averaging about 1250 calories a day, I lost an average of about 1 lb per week to reach my ultimate goal of 115 lbs. Since that time I've been working to maintain in an area around my goal weight.

About 3 years ago I first learned about the alternate day plans of JUDDD and QOD, and off and on I have used them to help in this process. Right now I need to drop weight to get back into the blue area of my Maintenance Weight Range. Therefore, this morning I am again starting a JUDDD plan. I find the down days tough, and I welcome all of your support.
:angel:

welcome to our little corner
I am sure you will do well and it will be great to have another poster to share ideas with
H xx

Hey there just wanted to introduce myself, I've been on slimfast for several months but have hit a plateau so figured I'd follow Stirky's lead and give JUDDD a go.
I'm doing things a bit differently as I'm doing up day (2000), down day (500), medium day (1200) as I find eating all the calories on an upday really hard! I figure its the variation which is important. So I'd like to keep a diary on this forum as I'm no longer following slimfast completely plus you all seem like a really nice bunch!

welcome to our little corner :):)
will you be using slimfast products on your down days

if so I would love to pick your brains over their products :)

you are right about the variations of the calories from day to day

I actually find it a lot easier than I thought I would :)

yeah I had a slimfast milkshake for lunch today out of convenience more than anything, planning to take food to work for a DD would be really hard so I figured I'll stick to my SF shake. I also want to keep in the medium days because I enjoy SF so much I want to combine the two diets but I know I don't want shakes on my UD and they are too much for a DD. I think my UD are just going to be relaxed days so best keep them for days off.

as you use them do you think it would make it easier to stick to dd - my problem is once I start eating I want to continue so I can go all day with just drinks and then eat one meal - if I were to use the shakes do you think they would make me feel hungry - I am thinking they are nutrient balanced but worried they would mean I NEEDED to eat (if that makes any sense to you)

i find that a shake fills me up plus it gets rid of sugar cravings. I think they'd be good to maybe have one midday-ish as a brunch that'll keep you going but without feel like you are 'eating'. I totally get what you mean about once you eat you need to eat. Just remember with the shakes they are around 220 calories which is quite a big chunk of you allowance on a DD. Hope that helps!

:wavey:Hello Pink Fluff, glad you decided to give juddd a go, certainly works for getting through the slimfast plateau so good luck with it girl.

I was thinking of still using slimfast products on this diet, but like you said the shakes are a lot of your dd allowance and it's nice to just be able to eat on an ud. I have used them sometimes, I have an awful lot of shake mix left lol! But then my smoothie maker broke and I haven't replaced it yet lol! Can't stand the shakes unless they are mixed with ice. But your MD idea sounds great, I'm going to have to get a new smoothie maker or blender and start using my shakes again. Been coping well with calorie counting food tho :D

Good luck and let us know how you get on xxx

Hi Folks,

I really like the sound of this diet, combining the days like that makes pefect sense to me!! I was on Cambridge and lost about 60lbs, I've put most of it back on now as once I started to eat 'normally' I just couldn't stop..

I am new here so any advise is gratefully recieved.

Hi Sarah.

It's only my second week on Juddd and so far I am finding it pretty easy. As you've done Cambridge before you'll probably find it similar on the down days. But because it will only be for one day it is a lot easier.

The tips I found most usefull on the down days is drink loads of water, eat as late as possible and make sure you write down and count your calories.

On the up days don't count calories, eat until you are full but not stuffed. And try not to worry about what you eat. The whole point is stop diet stress on the up day. So if you fancy a piece of cake you can have it.

The best thing is that if you crave a certain food on your down day, you can have it tomorrow, on your up day. Most of the time I've found that I don't really want it anymore once my up day arrives!

Have a good look around the juddd website, there is a link on the forum.

Good luck.

Sanghi.

Hi! I read about JUDDD today in the Mail and have feel it may be the answer for me. Have ordered the book and spent most of the day reading up online. I have faffed about with WW for most of the year. I have lost a little, but not much. I have a lot to lose and need lots of motivation!

Started today on a DD. It is tough, but was not really prepared, so had to eat what was in. Hope it will get better as I will be more prepared after my next food shop.

Very happy to find this forum and hope this is the long term answer for me.

Welcome welcome Koalabear!!! Wow that article was great today, we loved it :)

Yes answer is to plan ahead for dd's, really helps to know what and when you are eating, plus to leave it as long as poss in the day before eating. On up days you can enjoy them just be careful not to go too ott, which when you first start can be tempting lol! If you have any questions just shout, one of us will help.

Good luck hun xxx

Hi and welcome Koala. On a UD your brain seems to say 'watch what you are eating and dont ruin the hard work of yesterday' it's great.

Back