JUDDD Questions and Answers

Hi everyone, thank you for those of you that have made me welcome already, and to those I am yet to *meet* Hello! I've a veteran on minimins but new to JUDDD so my diary is in the silver section (link on my signature). So I have a question for you experts. Do I need to count Gaviscon Liquid on my down days? I had a couple of glugs on yesterday down day and I am worried about the calorie value and if I should have counted it.

Kay x

Hi Kay

I'm struggling to find the number of calories in Gaviscon but I am reading Dr J's book at the moment and he makes it clear that up to an additional 100 calories on a Down Day will not affect weightloss. Therefore, I wouldn't worry about it .... :D

Hope this helps.

P x

How many calories does a dose contain? I have tried and failed to find a value for it? I wouldn't think it would contain enough to ruin your day though x

I cant find the values anywhere on the net, and the bottle is little help either. I guess I am just worried that it is quite thick and reasonably sugary I would think. Shall I just forget it and see how the first week pans out? I dont take it often but yesterday was one of those days when I couldnt have done without.

I appreciate your help, and watch this space for results!

K x

I dont take it often but yesterday was one of those days when I couldnt have done without.
K x

Ooh, a blast from the past!! Frequent acid reflux was one of the quality-of-life issues which, in combination, pushed me to the point of no return with my weight. I was chomping Rennies by the bucket-load, and started taking Gaviscon before bed every night, in the hope that I would be able to sleep through, and not be woken by that uncomfortable burning sensation.

I started my new lifestyle in January, and by about March, acid reflux was a thing of the past. I love my new healthy lifestyle.... and I'm starting to love fast days/DD's too.

Barbara

New question about the ID's (I hope it's new anyway I have searched the forum!)

Are IDs to replace up's or down's in the pattern.

After my induction I am hoping to stick to:

Sunday - DD
Monday - ID
Tuesday - DD
Wednesday - ID
Thursday - DD
Friday -UP
Saturday - UP

Does this seem ok??
Obviously if I'm going out randomly mid week for a birthday etc I will be swapping days about - flexibility is great about this way of eating!

This is a good question Im wondering the same thing??

Morning Cai and Missie

I thought IDs were for "emergencies", that is when DDs threaten to morph into UDs .... didn't think they were meant to be part of the plan on a very regular basis.

I'm sure one of the wise women of the board will correct me if I've got this wrong :D

P xx

Paulinegin said:
Morning Cai and Missie

I thought IDs were for "emergencies", that is when DDs threaten to morph into UDs .... didn't think they were meant to be part of the plan on a very regular basis.

I'm sure one of the wise women of the board will correct me if I've got this wrong :D

P xx

Thanks as I was getting confused lol :-/ was going to try an ID day today but no point really?!

Maybe what ppl do is count their weekly UP days so limit to the 2000 and then relax and don't count their weekend UPs??

Hmmmm....food for thought there - luckily I'm on an UP day now lol xxx

As I understand it you really need the pattern of a UD and DD to shock your body and turn it to burn your fat, by doing ID and DD you will trick your body into thinking is heading for a famine so it will start to slow right down to conserve as much energy as it can. ID's are to be used occasionally as an emergency instead a DD. Reemember is the sudden drop in calories not necessarily the calorie deficit.

passionflower said:
As I understand it you really need the pattern of a UD and DD to shock your body and turn it to burn your fat, by doing ID and DD you will trick your body into thinking is heading for a famine so it will start to slow right down to conserve as much energy as it can. ID's are to be used occasionally as an emergency instead a DD. Reemember is the sudden drop in calories not necessarily the calorie deficit.

Totally understand it :) its an UP UP and away day for me today - that will be a shock seeing as I was planning in limiting!! :)

Thanks for all responses! Lol. It's easy for me to get the wrong end of the stick sometimes ha ha ha cx

Don't beat yourself up on getting the wrong end honey, this plan is different and challenges everything we've been told about food before. For most of us the eat less lose more was rule number one when we tried to increase a loss. Thank God we don't have to starve ourselves again xx

Last edited:
passionflower said:
Don't beat yourself up on getting the wrong end honey, this plan is different and challenges everything we've been told about food before. For most of us the eat less loose more was rule number one when we tried to increase a loss. Thank God we don't have to starve ourselves again xx

So true!!!
I'm thinking that me week day UPs I will 'limit' to the 2000 cals and then just not count at the weekend and see how that goes!

That is of course starting in September when I am back at work lol - every days is a weekend at the moment lol xxx

Great advice girls, it really is different to everything you have learnt about dieting and it takes a bit of time to get used to it Cai x Like Mon said its def not just about the cal defecit in my case there often isn't one! its the Up and down , the swing as we call it, that shocks the body into using its fat stores not saving them, crazy I know but some of my best losses are on weeks where I have had rather a lot on my UPs, but I always stick under 500 on my DD s strict about that ! Not that I am saying to gorge yourself but just remember you are NOT dieting on your UP days, a lot of Juddd is psychological you will stick to it long term if you have good UP days x

Really helpful - thanks, basic facts - just what I need.

Is it ok to eat nothing on a DD? Was thinking of doing it one day a week so wouldn't be all 3 DDs x

Back