JUDDD to finally get to goal

Weigh in at 170.8lbs so must have had a Christmas gain of 2 lbs and just shifted 1 lb this week.

That gives me 8 lbs to lose in 7 weeks.. could be doable if I stick to 3 fasts a week with an average intake of 1750 cals per day.. I certainly do plan to do that but I'm not going to beat myself up if there's the odd week I can only do 2 fasts or have a couple of higher days. Given that I'm at a weight I'm already happy at any loss is a bonus, even if its super slow!

Also realised that before Christmas I was doing my first two fasts Tuesday and Thursday which meant my Saturday fast was after only 1 up day. This week my first two fasts were Monday and Wednesday which meant my Saturday fast was after 2 up days and I think that might have had a slight impact on my weigh in. I'm on M/W/S again this week but T/TH/S the following so it'll be interesting to see if it varies.

Anyway, onwards and downwards! If I keep fasting and creating a deficit I can't fail to lose :)

I'm grumpy about fasting today!

Think it's because it's a) my first fast day of the week b) I logged a gain for the first time last week and c) I'm restless.

On the Christmas gain, I knew I'd have it. I continued to log what I was eating and I knew I'd have a 1lb plus fat gain. Unfortunately, I forgot!! So weigh in was frustrating this week.

On the restlessness, I always get that at around this weight. I'm happy with how I look (clothed not bikini!), fitting in all my nice clothes, and I guess the novelty has worn off.

What's also annoying is that I always seem to come off plan at 170 lbs! No idea why. Maybe I stick there for a bit, maybe its coincidence, maybe it's because breaking into the stone bracket I haven't been in since I was about 14 is a head f*** and I've always self sabotaged before..

And now due to my little gain I'm stuck in this stone bracket for an extra 2 weeks!

I'm not prepared to limit my cals further or add another fast because let's be honest, despite me enjoying the plan and generally finding it relatively ways to follow, basically not eating for 3 days a week is already restrictive enough, and I know if I restrict further and don't get amazing results I'll think f it, it's too hard.

I'm not actually hungry today, I don't want any particular food, I'm just in a f it mindset that I haven't had at all on this diet and I'm absolutely sure it's the weight thing.

So I need to resolve to give it however long I need to get into the next stone bracket (realistically three weeks minimum) and if I still want to rebel reassess my motivations then.

I'm reminding myself I love this plan - the fast are relatively easy (most of the time), I consistently lose weight (albeit slowly) and I feel more mentally stable than I have in years diet wise. I also am aware I quite often think I wouldn't mind doing this for months to take me to goal (whatever that ends up being) and this is a blip not a trend.

I also think that having a goal (hol in this case) actually usually derails me rather than motivates me because it's too prescriptive and too much pressure. So I'm not focusing on that anymore. I'm just focusing on my current 4 week slot (I like to break down time on plan into increments) which I'm a week into. If I do three fasts a week and am aware (but not too restrictive) of calories other days that's all I can do. I can't control the reaction of my body. I can only keep trusting the plan.

Finished my fast yesterday without much further bother.

However, back in an f it mood today! Cakes and biscuits at work for someone's birthday and have eaten 250 cals worth this morning. Not a massive deal in itself but I've probably got dinner out this evening and rather than planning to take calories from my high Friday and just having a slightly lower indulgent today to come in on plan target I'm starting to justify to myself a lower deficit week.. Not cool.

I think the Christmas indulgence has done me no favours in stretching my tummy and changing what I'm satisfied with. Pre Christmas a 3000 cal day felt very filling but now that feels just a little higher and I don't feel stuffed. I need to get a grip.

I've had naughty thought but doesn't mean I can't still hit target if I adapt a bit. I need to remember I can't fit in 3 high days on this plan, I can fit in 2 TDEE ish, one a bit higher and one indulgent day. If I want a meal out in the week i need to cut my Friday pizza or eat less on Sundays out! Simple as that.

I'm really irritating myself today!!

So today I'm in a generally grumpy mood.. But I don't think it's diet related, more work colleague irritation.

I did have my meal out last night but controlled the cals so I can still have an indulgent ish Friday if I keep cals down on my up day tomorrow (not ridiculously low, just under 2100). My activity is back up this week so I should also hit my 2500 daily average. Planning on smashing this 1.5lb deficit!

I'm also really relying on a good weigh in on Sunday to remotivate me. I feel a bit slimmer this week so hoping that's a good sign.

Speaking to husband about it all last night and have it settled in my head that I want to lose a further half stone but during/after that just focus on toning rather than weight loss. I look good in clothes but not in underwear / swimwear and I think half a stone will make a big difference but toning up even more so.

I'm aiming to do Pilates toning sessions for 20 mins 4 times a week and I'm thinking about whether I should get the wii fit out for hula hooping, stepping and boxing in the morning as they worked quite well for me before and I can't do anything high impact cause of problems with my knee and I'm missing the gym and struggling to get motivated to get up in the mornings until the very last minute.

Well done on making sensible choices on your night out. I'm also feeling fed up, but it's totally diet related haha. Mainly because I'm not seeing what I expect/want on the scales despite being super good with my food :( Determined not to fall off the wagon though!!

Think it's a great idea to start to focus on toning, good luck with that xx

Yesterday was a nice easy fast day! I'm really not sure Monday fasts suit me.. I think Tuesdays and Thursdays are better psychologically but at the same time it's nice to get them out of the way and also, I often have planned meals out on a Thursday.

Will just have to remember the first fast of the week is always hardest and power through! Also think my tummy is probably shrinking again which helps.

I'm def feeling slimmer this week but hard to know if it's in my head- fingers crossed for a good weigh in!! Only 3 more days of this week and 2 days are up days :)

So weigh in Sunday I'd lost 1.3 lbs and a further 0.5cm off both my waist and hips! Whoop! That's got me mentally right back on track and this week I've managed to talk myself out of several bad diet decisions and stick firmly to plan!

No weigh in this Sunday as we're out super early to drive to a christening and I always weigh at a set time, but I might weigh Friday morning after my second fast day of the week and see how its looking.

Super pleased to be back in the zone but mildly annoyed with myself for letting the scales dictate my mood and motivation so much when I didn't allow myself to think that way when I first started the plan. Need to readjust my mindset and just focus on sticking to plan, one day at a time, and trusting that the scales will follow eventually even if not immediately!

Also my husband secretly took a photo of me in Lycra vest and leggings after I'd done my Pilates as I bent over fiddling with the computer and when he showed me I was actually super pleased as despite being red faced and scruffy I actually thought I looked slim - first photo I've seen in years that I've felt that way!!

Lost a further 1.3lbs this morning! Last two weeks loss have more or less equated to my deficit so thats good!

Had a super indulgent day today and two nights out this week coming so I'm thinking I might end up with a slightly lower deficit (though still intending to do 3 fast days) but thats OK as long as I still lose weight.

Went to a big family event this morning and saw lots of people I haven't seen for ages and was lovely and motivating to get lots of compliments!! Just need to keep on track and not slack off..

Feeling very full(!) and happy!

Well done on your loss. It's so great when people start noticing & complimenting you. I always get completely embarrassed, but also find it really motivating at the same time xx

So had a STS this weekend just gone but was kind of expecting it!! I did create a 1 lb+ deficit BUT had two high days Th and F and I felt fairly bloated (though my hips and waist measurements did come down a bit). This week I've not got any big going out plans so should be able to do a 1.5 lb deficit and I've got a Thu fast day which means I'm only losing Friday water weight during my Saturday fast day! Still feeling positive!

First fast day of the week and majorly in the mood to eat sweets today. So tempting cause they're in the office kitchen.

Yes, I could have them within fast day calories, but if I start slacking on fast days it's a slippery slope. So I'm trying to stay super strong until I get home for a shake.

If I still want them tomorrow I'll have them then..

Wahhhhhh I caved!! Wine gums and a mcflurry.. Finished day on about 800 which is still VLCD level but not ideal.

Sure I should feel guilty but not really all that concerned! I want to lose more weight, of course I do, but if I have the odd silly day and that adds up to a couple of extra weeks on plan I'm ok with that.

Maybe I'll be less fussed about sweets tomorrow after sweet treats today..

It's always so hard when there are sweets in the office kitchen! But at least you limited the damage by keeping your calories to 800. When I fail a fast, I always find there's a temptation to just say sod it & go waaaay over xx

Went out for dinner last night with husband so was a VERY high cal work day.

Felt myself starting to slip back into f-it bingey behaviour and I think it's because I've been really anxious about a personal issue. Spoke to my husband last night after avoiding discussing it for a few weeks (it's not an issue with our relationship but I wanted to resolve it myself) and he totally sorted me out :) and my bingey mood totally switched off after.

On my first ever no food at all fast day today and I'm actually quite enjoying it! Saves some cals and somehow having a limit of nil means I feel a lot less likely to even consider eating crap.

Think my head is back in the game and next time I have an issue I'll talk to my gorgeous lovely husband straight away!

So had my no food fast, followed by a good up day and a fast day on Saturday and seem to have my head straight again :)

Weighed yesterday and am 0.6lbs down. Expected about half a lb this week so that's fine (and my measurements are also down too!) and while I'm still a lb up from where I'd expect to be based on my deficits, I'm on my period and super bloated so hoping it evens out at next weeks weigh in - I'd be totally thrilled with 165 lbs something even if it's 165.9!

Had a very enjoyable yummy up day yesterday and back on a no food fast day today. So far so good :D

Am I fasting?

Well, thats an interesting question! I am fasting. But I'm not losing weight. Because my non fast days are pretty dreadful..

I carried on with three fast days a week up until my hol (end of Feb) but my non fast days were getting higher cal so I left for hol at 166 lbs (which I was OK with but didn't meet my goal).

So I came back with 7 lbs gain (which I totally deserved!) and for the four weeks since I've been managing 3 fast days a week (with the exception of last week when I had 2) but my non fast days are now netting off any deficit (i.e. are ranging between a disgraceful 3000 - 4500 cals per day).

I've been buying a house and its been a bit stressful, and the neighbours are now being a pain about the work we want to do (we're not living there but renovating for the next 3-4 months) and I'm feeling extremely bingey! I've also had an up and down few weeks at work (major fall out with my boss which is now resolved). I haven't been doing my pilates and I'm totally out of a routine and starting to feel miserable about my lack of control. So I need to get back on the case, and I'm thinking that probably the way to do it (which I've always done successfully before) is reinstate my gym membership as exercise grounds me, forces my routine (including bedtimes as I go in the morning) and encourages me to eat well.

Its not just about weight, its about my mental state. In theory, I could stay where I am (174lbs, within a healthy BMI range) with 3 fast days a week and 4 bingey days, but it would be so bad for me psychologically. So I'm thinking gym tomorrow, and then I'll just deal with one day at a time. It'll help that all the Easter chocolate will be out of the shops then!!

Feeling pretty miserable tonight, but hope making a positive plan will get me on track as of tomorrow. The stressful life stuff will be there regardless of what I eat, and binge eating doesn't help me manage my feelings about it, it makes me feel worse. This time will be the first time I pull myself back before I get overweight again, and I have to do it for myself.

Sooo I'm back.. been managing fast days but over eating on up days and have gained several lbs since holiday. So I'm back at 179lbs (post HIGH up day so prob more like 177). I think all this silly eating has stretched my stomach and I'm totally out of the mindset of enjoying the fasting and as such, I've decided to get back in the right mindset by doing 20 days on slim and save. 2 days down, 18 to go!

I know much of the loss in that time will be water weight (though I'd still expect to lose a good amount of fat in that time frame) but I need it psychologically and to shrink my stomach / appetite. I'll then follow up with 4:3 again.

I don't actually mind how I look and only really need to be about half a stone lighter BUT I'm going on hol in September which inevitably results in a gain and we're going to start trying for a baby in 2018 so I'm determined to be below my happy weight to allow for hol gain and still give me enough time to get down to 160lbs ish before falling pregnant.

I'm tempted to just put it off but the thing is, the time will pass regardless of whether I'm fasting, and looking back on this time period in 3 weeks I'll be so glad to have stuck to plan. No planned social events so not like I'm missing out either.

Expecting to be down to 164lbs after the 20 days but 5-6lbs of that will be water/glycogen that goes straight back on. So if I expect to be 170 post fast period, I can lose a further 10lbs in the 10 weeks before hol after that - totally doable!

Back