Karen's A Culinary Adventure~~Cruise

Karen glad to hear you're getting better. Look after yourelf - we're glad you're still here!

I didn't know you had to keep the pens cool - the ones I am aware of here are kept at room temp even in summer - but our summers are not as extreme as yours (yet)

What an incredible story... you sound so very calm! What sort of temperatures do you get in Fort Worth, Texas in the summer?

With a good year we can count of 40-50 days above 100 degrees. Some of those days are usually in the 105-106 range. Love the weather forecast when it reads for weeks on end those kind of numbers. But with the humidity of our gulf air it feels like you are poaching. The storing is at about 77F as stated on the pen. We do good to keep our homes at that temp and you cannot refrigerate it.
I'm pretty calm and have deep roots into the healthcare community, knowledgeable family & friends. All I need is a little pen...there are some really really sick people out there. My Dad was allergic to bee stings and many times we have dashed in the ER for a shot of adrenalin.
TY my friends...

Basically with what happened I've laid around most of the week, that equals no walks.
That said just posted on official weigh in 159 :mermaid::mermaid::mermaid:

That was my mental goal to cross. So onward & downward.

Thank You for all the support this group is the best..and I really mean that. From Evil Witches ;) that ride in on a broom & keep us in line....to all the big losers...for their inspiration. That is something to be proud of being able to say... "I'm a Big Looser":D:D:D

Hi Karen,

I just wanted to congratulate you on your loss before I finally sign off to the coming week. Great work and I hope you feel 100% recovered soon and I look forward to reading on your progress, your losses hopefully not mirrored by my gains!!

Well done Karen. You're doing brilliantly. Your BMI is now "normal" and you're sounding so happy and motivated.

:D

<witches?!!>

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1058.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1058.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 38
Thank You, it is starting to show, my husband calls it closet hell, LOL Nothing fits. I pulled out a spring sweater I had bought several years ago but never worn..very pretty. I had hopes of fitting into it one day. Last night I had it on and he said that's pretty, when did you get that. I responded--it was from my hope chest. He looked at me funny said ??? what. My response back clothing that I hoped to wear again someday~~~ He smiled.

How's it going Karen?

Today 157.

That said the heat here is incredible. Looks like 3 months of this. Here is where I am.
Water & Dukan needs & our conditions. Don't get mad at me...but in our heat they are cautioning people on Dukan around here to be extremely careful regarding fluids and kidneys. We have a hard time staying hydrated to begin with. So I'm happy with a pound a week and keeping the body running well and less PP days and more PV days. This seems to be a good routine and I feel like this is a better route for my body. Dehydration can occur so fast in our environment.
Good news is the weight is staying off and my body is adapting and no Yo-Yoing with the weight. Constantly monitoring my "trending" weight. I am a very strong supporter of Dukan & its way of living. When you find something that works with your Psyche & body what more could you want.

Hi Karen,

that sounds excellent! Great result and very sensible plan too! As you said, you will keep losing doing just PVs, esp if you chose your veg with a bit of care - avoid carby root veg and favour green fibrous ones. So much easier in the summer too!
Last summer I did 3 weeks of PVs (plus a few minor extras) while on holiday and against all expectations did come back with a loss.

Good luck!

Thanks Anja. It was 102 here yesterday, the very thought of eggs just makes me queesie LOL
The trending is still holding steady that means opening each day at 157!!! Goal this week is 2lbs. I did whip up some muffins several times since the gallet is out. Have those for breakfast with FF cream cheese. The weight loss is very viable on the old bod :) I'm starting to clean out the closet, and shop at our local Target & Walmart for shorts etc. Next year will be my shopping spring/summer. No use investing in nice things to be out of them this year. It seems to be the inches that are falling off, which is hard to show on the scales. I awoke the other morning to something that I had not experienced in years..... a flat stomach and hip bones. Yes, I'm still gigglie but that will firm up. All in all this is working. Slow & Steady...I want this off for life. It seems my body is adjusting very well to the weight loss and not yo-yoing all over the place.

Hi Karen, you're doing GREAT, really nice to 'read' you!

Yes last summer I was in the losing phase and didn't buy anything, just wore my trousers / shorts with a big belt! But this Spring/Summer it's been an excuse for shopping! I really need to watch my finances, but people were nice and gave me money at Christmas and for my Birthday for exactly this purpose...

I've a diet buddy here in France who does attack then always does all PVs thereafter (on medical advice, as she's susceptible to kidney infections). I thought you were going to say you were having far worse!

Staying on PVs avoids the psychological rollercoaster of the water fluctuations we see when we weigh ourselves daily AND probably prevents other issues (transit!!).

102°F already... is everywhere airconditioned? I used to work for someone from Abu Dhabi who really suffered in Paris in the summer because he was so used to aircon that he found 30°C in Paris without far worse!

It has been incredibly hot here. Last week & over the weekend it has been above 100 each day. Sat it hit 106 (41) it is really hard on the body to just remain hydrated. This week we have had a weird cold front move in it is in the upper 90's. Your body just swells in this heat, you cannot get enough water in your system. So I'm more than happy to be maintaining 157 in our weather. If throughout the summer I can drop 10 lbs I will be thrilled under these conditions. But the good new for me is the body is very stable with this weight, again I must sound like a broken record to anyone reading...but no YO-Yoing of my weight.
For me to even understand what my true weight is right now would be a moving target due to the water that one must ingest. This I do know my stomach is very flat. So what ever the number on the scales is saying..if I were a betting woman...my guess is I've lost more that the scales are reading due to water.. My weight seemed to be in the middle of my body more than anywhere else, hence the clothing issue.

One a lighter note. I did go shopping.... Everything is falling off. We have a nice chain of department stores in the southern US. & their clearance house is a few miles from where I live. So Ralph Lauren, Karen Kane, etc., brands extremely low prices. Literally 15% of their original cost. Shorts & skirts I'm back in business. In the next few weeks I'm taking a gamble and going there to buy winter clothing they are opposite seasons. The place is full of winter right now, only a few summer items. My thought is if I buy it....I will fit into it. LOL come winter.

Maintainer..yes everything is AC... at 106 you can feel you skin tighten up when you go outside. strange feeling

I try not to clog up the boards there are so many that really struggle with there weight and have for years. My weight loss is just a minor adjustment. But I am a major supporter of Dukan. We read & read, weight loss is a life style choice of what you fuel your body with. This "style" is so basic & simple. If I'm ranting..excuse me. But you cannot change your body in one week...I'ts not going to happen. That simple statement I wish more people that start a program and 3 weeks into it their off...on to another would just slow down and stick it out. I am on the back side of 50 and have never dieted in my life, on hormones and still I'm loosing weight.

Anja...as always you kind supportive words... :heartpump::heartpump::heartpump: Thank You !!

I have just been reading your diary and it makes me remember when I lived in New Mexico with the heat. 115 in the summer was not unusual and keeping hydrated was hard. Crazy though as when you go shopping you have to take a cardi as you get so cold in the ac! When I came back to England after living out there I was sooo cold and did not appreciate that actually we were having quite a warm summer. Thank you for the trip down memory lane :)

Back