Keto recipes

vetanif

Hi everyone,

Nice to find you all. I have recently turned vegan after a long time vegetarian. One thing I noticed is less inflammation.

Anyway, I have recently been trying a keto diet and it is somewhat unfeasible to have only 5% carbs and 80% fat on a long-term vegan diet unless you really don't care about how your food tastes. I have found though that I can do 20% net carbs and 65% fat on a diet where I am getting all my micronutrients with little supplementation. This does seem to satisfy some definitions of keto.

So, I started this thread under recipes as I hoped to meet others doing this diet and share recipes that assist with keto on here. The search didn't have any results for keto so it may be the first.

I saw recipes in earlier recipes for tahini dressing and hummus which I am including in my diet. Thanks to the poster.

Hi @vetanif I am following a keto diet but not vegan. I imagine that would be quiet difficult. Well I follow a keto approach, I don't weigh or measure anything so couldn't actually tell you what my macro percentages are. I don't eat hummus as chickpeas and all pulses and beans ( apart from green beans) would be quite carb laden. My main meals are soups made with lots of veg and konjac noodles, I purposely use homemade chicken stock but you can of course get pretty good vegan bouillon powder in health food shops. I often make a Thai green curry style soup and use tinned coconut milk to up the fat content. I saw a recipe yesterday for a smoothie made with avocado, I can't remember though if it was vegan. Let me search for it.

Here we go, spinach and avocado smoothie from Keto Mojo website

And a chocolate one, but for @vetanif leave out the cream

Hi @vetanif I am following a keto diet but not vegan. I imagine that would be quiet difficult. Well I follow a keto approach, I don't weigh or measure anything so couldn't actually tell you what my macro percentages are. I don't eat hummus as chickpeas and all pulses and beans ( apart from green beans) would be quite carb laden. My main meals are soups made with lots of veg and konjac noodles, I purposely use homemade chicken stock but you can of course get pretty good vegan bouillon powder in health food shops. I often make a Thai green curry style soup and use tinned coconut milk to up the fat content. I saw a recipe yesterday for a smoothie made with avocado, I can't remember though if it was vegan. Let me search for it.

@tipperary I read that as “I don’t eat humans” hahaha thank goodness you don’t!
I really fancy a milkshake now, I can adapt the recipes to be low carb/low ish fat too so thanks.

Back