KHQ's weight loss journey

I would definitely recommend them. They do get pretty tough but it's a huge sense of achievement when you finish each day and the increases in the exercises are obviously well thought out. It sounds like you would do really well at them!

Thank you. Felt like I might collapse toward the end last night but managed to get through it and felt great for doing it :) xx

Not saying it's been a busy day but it took me an hour to eat a bit of salad for my lunch! Phone and emails just haven't stopped!

Food (RED day):

Breakfast: 1 Alpen Light bar (1/2 HEB). I was in a rush this morning so ate on the go. Was meant to have some fruit too but forgot to pick it up!

Lunch: Smoked salmon salad - mixed leaves, cucumber, beetroot, carrot, peppers, cherry tomatoes, boiled egg (although I only ate a little bit of it - gone off egg since I was ill last week!)

Dinner: Prawn curry (frozen from leftovers last weekend) with rice (28g - 5 syns) - prawns, mushrooms, onion, tinned tomatoes, spices.

Snacks - Alpen Light bar (1/2 HEB), fruit, fat free yoghurt, tea with semi-skimmed milk and a couple of Jaffa Cakes later! (2.5 syns each).

Could make it an EE day but will see how it goes. Haven't got any pitta bread to dip in the curry so might substitute a bit of bread as another HEB. Bit weird but never mind!

Exercise - Day 19 of 30 day ab challenge:
85 sit ups, 110 crunches, 48 leg raises, 75 second plank.

Food today (GREEN day):

Breakfast: 1 Alpen Light (1/2 HEB) & WW fat free yoghurt.

Lunch: Mushrooms on 1 slice wholemeal toast (400g loaf - 1/2 HEB). Satsuma.

Dinner: Chicken (71g cooked - HEB) with Ainsley Harriott Chilli Couscous (1/2 pack - 1.5 syns) with mushrooms, peppers, mangetout and sugar snap peas and side salad of lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes.

Snacks: Satsumas, apples, Shape 0% yoghurts (some free, some 0.5 syns depending which flavour). Need to go get a little treat for later.

We're going to a gig tonight and I thought we might break our no drinking but might not and just stick to the Diet Coke. After all this time I thought I would jump at the chance to have a drink but actually not feeling that bothered at the moment. Hopefully it will stay that way tonight!

No exercise today - rest day.

Stuck to the Diet Coke last night again! Not a drop of alcohol in sight! It's amazing how much you can smell beer when you're not drinking it though. We've only really been drinking tea and coffee (no sugar), sparkling flavoured water and no added sugar squash for the past week or 2 and we both came home last night with horrible headaches and feeling sick and almost drunk and this morning OH felt like he had a hangover. I can only think it must be the sugar (sweetener or whatever it is) in the Diet Coke that we're not used to any more. It's scary how quickly you get used to not having it and the effect last night makes you realise how bad it must be for you! Worrying as I used to easily go through one or sometimes two 2 litre bottles of fizzy drinks a day a few years ago!

Food today (RED day):

Brunch: Sausage sandwich - 3 Morrison's NuMe low fat Cumberland sausages (1 syn each), 2 slices wholemeal bread (400g loaf - HEB). I know it's not a great meal nutritionally but I REALLY fancied it and it's within my syn allowance for the week so why not!

Dinner: Aromatic thai-style chicken stir fry with jacket potato (HEB) - chicken, peppers, carrot, cucumber, mushrooms, stock, soy, chilli. Usually put magetout in it but have run out and can't be bothered to go out again!

Snacks: Satsumas, apples, Shape 0% yoghurts (some free, some 1/2 a syn so will see if I want one later), tea with semi-skimmed milk (HEA). Tesco Jaffa Cakes in for a treat later tonight (2 syns each).

Without the yoghurt or Jaffa Cakes I'm on 78.5/105 syns for the week so far so feeling pretty good about that!

Exercise - Day 21 of 30 Day Abs Challenge: 90 sit ups, 130 crunches, 52 leg raises, 80 second plank. The plank is going to kill me soon I'm sure.

Just planned next week's meals. Going out with friends to 2 gigs on Friday night and planning a treat night on Saturday and OH really wants KFC so have added those syns up and going to be as good as possible the rest of the week so I can have a few drinks on Friday and stay within syns. Not sure if it will be successful but going to try my best! xx

WI today and I lost 1lb. OH lost 2lb. I'm disappointed after 3 weeks completely 100% on plan that I haven't at least got to half a stone. I think the 30 Day Ab Challenge could be contributing to low losses but I'm seeing good results so going to stick with it.

Savings syns for Friday (drinks at 2 gigs with friends) and Saturday (treat night and OH really wants KFC). I've done our meal plan for the week and put it all into my Excel document which keeps track of daily and weekly syns and I've also put the KFC syns so I know where I am and just need to try to keep enough for some drinks. Determined that even though there's 2 difficult days I'm going to stay within my syn allowance for the week. This is the first time I've saved syns rather than having 5-15 per day so I'll be interested to see the result come WI next Monday.

Food today (RED day):

Breakfast: Sausage sandwich (there are some left over so it would be rude not to!) - 2 Morrison's NuMe Cumberland sausages (1 syn each) on 2 slices 400g loaf wholemeal bread (HEB).

Lunch: Ham salald - ham, iceberg lettuce, mushroom, cucumber, cherry tomatoes.

Dinner: Fish, jacket potato and salad with parsley sauce - Fish fillet, jacket potato (HEB), iceberg lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes. Trying to get a packet of Coleman's Parsley sauce at 1.5 syns for half the pack using HEA semi-skimmed milk to make it up.

Snacks: Satsumas, apples, Shape 0% yoghurts (some free, some 1/2 syn), tea with semi-skimmed milk (HEA).

Min syns: 3.5
Max syns: 6 if I have one 0.5 syn yoghurt and one Tesco Jaffa Cake this evening with a cup of tea.

Exercise - Day 22 of 30 Day Abs Challenge:
95 sit ups, 140 crunches, 55 leg raises, 85 second plank.

Slight change to dinner snacks. Used extra virgin olive oil to fry the fish (2 syns) and also floured it before frying (1.5 syns). With the Coleman's parsley sauce (1.5 syns) that makes 5 syns. Going to resist the Jaffa Cakes tonight and save the syns for drinks on Friday night x

Oil is good for you anyway :) it sounds like a treat and v yummy though xxxx

I thought it would be good to have a bit more healthy fat rather than just chocolate. It was lovely, well worth the syns! x

Food today (GREEN day):

Breakfast: 1 Alpen Light (1/2 HEB), apple.

Lunch: Salad (lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice), satsuma.

Dinner: Chicken (HEB) and Ainsley Harriott Moroccan couscous (0.75 syns - round up to 1!) with mushrooms, peppers, mangetout and sugarsnap peas and a side salad - lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes.

Snacks: 1 Alpen Light (1/2 HEB), fruit, fat free yoghurt, tea with semi-skimmed milk (HEA).

Exercise - Day 23 of 30 Day Abs Challenge:
100 sit ups, 150 crunches, 58 leg raises, 90 second plank.

Food today (RED day):

Breakfast: Apple, satsuma, fat free natural yoghurt.

Lunch: Sausgae sandwich - 3 Morrison's NuMe Cumberland sausages (3 syns) with 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB).

Dinner: Pulled pork stir fry - mushrooms, peppers, sugarsnap peas, peppers - with jacket potato (HEB) and side salad - iceberg lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes.

Snacks: Apple, satsuma, Shape 0% yoghurt vanilla with chocolate sprikles (1 syn), tea with semi-skimmed milk (HEA).

No exercise today - rest day (thank god!)

Insomnia is killing me. Been struggling for about 3 weeks now and it's really starting to get me down. I just want to indulge in loads of fatty comfort food but resisting and thinking of how good Saturday night's treat will be if I'm good until then.

Insomnia is killing me. Been struggling for about 3 weeks now and it's really starting to get me down. I just want to indulge in loads of fatty comfort food but resisting and thinking of how good Saturday night's treat will be if I'm good until then.

Aw honey I hope it gets better! definitely resist; it won't actually make you feel any better

xxxx

Aw honey I hope it gets better! definitely resist; it won't actually make you feel any better

xxxx

Thank you. Got some Nytol to try to help me drift off. I was really tired last night and it still took 3 hours for me to get to sleep! I'm definitely resisting, like you say it won't make it any better and then I won't be able to have treat night on Saturday which we've been looking forward to for ages. Only 3 days to go! xx

Took the Nytol last night and it took me 1 and a half hours to fall asleep so compared with the 3 hours the night before I think that's a pretty good start! Hopefully it will only be 45 mins tonight :) I was also able to have a slightly later start than normal today so feeling much more alive than I was yesterday.

Food today (GREEN day):

Breakfast: Not a good start to the day - I was going to bring it with me as I was in a bit of a rush but left it at home :( Made me quit sad because for the first time in ages I was actually quite hungry this morning! Ah well, onward and upward!

Lunch: Salad - Mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, carrot. Fruit salad: Melon & Grapes.

Dinner: Chicken pasta with homemade spicy tomato sauce - chicken (HEB), pasta, passata, onion, mushroom, mangetout, peppers, chilli, herbs.

Snacks: Apple, satsuma, Shape 0% rhubarb crumble yoghurt (0.5 syns), 2 Alpen bars (HEB).

Exercise - Day 25 of 30 Day Abs Challenge: 105 sit ups, 160 crunches, 60 leg raises, 95 second plank.

Does anyone else really struggle with doing the plank? I get tired so quickly and it really hurts my back. I'm probably not doing it right and that's why so if anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated! xx

Forgot to say in my previous post that I'll also be having my normal tea with semi-skimmed milk (HEA)!

My lunch salad was amazing. Also had sweetcorn and cheddar cheese (HEA) and it was delicious. Got my melon and grapes but too full to eat them at the moment! Going to save them for an hour or so and have as a mid afternoon snack. I also got a naughty bottle of Pepsi Max to hit the sweet craving. I've been trying not to drink fizzy soft drinks like Pepsi because I was quite addicted to them at one point but now and then I just really fancy some and I think better to have a little bit in moderation than deprive myself completely and be miserable and give up! xx

Back